News:

• April 19, 2024, 08:13:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Jim walker Firecat  (Read 2306 times)

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Jim walker Firecat
« on: June 28, 2016, 10:21:41 AM »
Really been thinking on ordering Brodaks  Firecat for OTS. Wanna branch away from the Ringmasters.

But my question to all you gurus. How is it. Does it fly good? Performs good? Equal or close to the Ringmaster?

For some reason that plane just catches my eye everytime I see it on Brodaks site.
Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Offline Bootlegger

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Jim walker Firecat
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 10:36:40 AM »

I say Geaux For it, if you like the looks, have at it, then all of us can benefit..

Don't forget to come fly with us at our NEW Baton Rouge flying site..
8th Air Force Veteran
Gil Causey
AMA# 6964

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Re: Jim walker Firecat
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 10:43:07 AM »
  I say Geaux For it, if you like the looks, have at it, then all of us can benefit..

Don't forget to come fly with us at our NEW Baton Rouge flying site..
Thanks Boot.

I'm hoping to attend soon.. just started working on my Jr. Lightening Streak this past weekend after not touching balsa for 2 months.

Actually thinking on getting an ARF soon just to get in the air and start flying.
Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Offline big ron

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 11:08:06 AM »
I can bring you an airplane to fly.
John Blanchard
Brusly, Louisiana
 AMA 1054488

Offline Bill Jacklin

• Geezer Sportflier
  • 24 supporter
  • Ensign
  • Flying CL for over 70 years ...
    • Bill Jacklin's Home Page
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 12:42:18 PM »
Well, if you want to get away from the Ringy, the Firecat may not do it ... it IS basically a Ringy (aerodynamically) with different clothing. There has been some claim that the Ringy was 'stolen' from the Firecat design way back in the day.

I have a 'Cat; it flies exactly like one of my Ringys.
=========================================
Bill Jacklin - AMA 7684 - Tucson, AZ
A Ringmaster/Fox .35 kinda' guy

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
Re:
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 12:54:00 PM »
I don't mind a Ringmaster... just everyone has one lol. I'm gona build another S1 one day.  I just wanna be different :)
Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2016, 10:18:10 AM »
I have a Firecat in the shop that has many flights on it.  It and the Ringmaster fly about the same for me.   Both with Fox .35 Stunt for power.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 11:19:50 AM »
Walker's FIRECAT looks infinitely better than a Ringmaster, although they may be much the same layout.

Alice Cotton-Royer is flying one here in the NW.  Looks nice in the air.

F.C.
89 years, but still going (sort of)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2016, 12:15:26 PM »
The Firecat has the wing mounted a bit low in the fuselage  and shows some problems from vertical CG problems. A good heavy set of wheels will fix it, but then the added weight isn't good, either. If you build one, keep the weight low and be prepared to add some heavy wheels and some tailweight. Great looking model, but so is a Barnstormer.  y1 Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline tom brightbill

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2016, 12:54:48 PM »
I've flown Alice's Firecat and it was sweet (like Alice ;) ). That's why I'm building one now. I believe that the better size ratio of the stab and elevator makes for a more civilized response reducing the stall tendency the my RM has. To me that's a definite plus. Your mileage may vary...
AMA 34849

Offline Terrence Durrill

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2016, 07:15:16 PM »
The Firecat has the wing mounted a bit low in the fuselage  and shows some problems from vertical CG problems. A good heavy set of wheels will fix it, but then the added weight isn't good, either. If you build one, keep the weight low and be prepared to add some heavy wheels and some tailweight. Great looking model, but so is a Barnstormer.  y1 Steve

i'll take the BARNSTORMER.  In fact I've got a nice one hanging in my shop.....Fox 35....tongue muffler.......balanced crank.....swtuffer backplate.....Orange with white trim........flies great.  Have a couple of Ringmasters...one with a Fox .35 stunt and the other with a Fox 29 stunt......great sport fliers......any way, have fun whatever you decide to build.  That's what it's all about anyway.    D>K    H^^

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here