News:

• April 26, 2024, 07:05:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How good is Vector 40???  (Read 7361 times)

Offline Ted Fancher

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: How good is Vector 40???
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2016, 05:49:58 PM »
  Actually, it was an electric weenie motor not a manly enigne. And it was hardly the first time you beat me in a stunt contest.

Brett

Well, shoot.  If we're gonna do that boring "truth" shtick I suppose I have to admit it was a 1/3 of a point whoopin' and, given The Buck's power train was borrowed from an electric pencil sharpener motivated by three AAA batteries wrapped up in plastic shrink wrap he may have been competing with a modest two stroke a side handicap.  

In the spirit of the thread, by the way, the pencil sharpener "not an enigne" was mounted in yet another Vector 40 (milliamps????).

Ted

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2016, 05:53:49 PM »
Here's my two cents on the Vector 40: I've seen quite a number of them fly, and they all seem to fly outstandingly well. Better yet, their owner/pilots all seem to love them. I can tell you all this much - I get a large number of orders for sheeted foam wings for Vector 40s at Robin's View Productions. In a way it has become the new Nobler. Many people use the wing and tail and the mannequin of "numbers" of the Vector 40 and stretch new clothes (aesthetics) onto them. Just like they used to do with the Nobler to come up with an "original." Not a bad idea...

But, again, it is not just the design that counts, it's the execution of the build and the components used. It must be built light, straight, rigid, have a proper power plant, and a fully adjustable and robust control system to be a great plane... Just like any other great design.

Try one, you'll like it! - Bob Hunt

Offline Ted Fancher

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2016, 06:01:06 PM »
I thought you said super laxative for a minute there.

MM

MotorMale

just figgered that out after reading it the third time.  Good one!

Ted

Offline Al Ferraro

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2016, 06:42:46 PM »
 thoroughly thumped Mr. Buck who was flying some sort of hairy chested piped .60 powered Super Stunter.  Tough to argue with that sort of one sided outcome!   y1 y1 Z@@ZZZ

Ted
   It is nice to know that I have a weapon to go Buck hunting with f~
Al

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here