News:

• April 25, 2024, 04:36:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hobo Kit ?  (Read 915 times)

Online gene poremba

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Hobo Kit ?
« on: March 25, 2017, 05:11:11 AM »

I'm looking to build the Hobo. It will be my first full body fuse C/L model build. There are several of us guys in my area looking at building it also. I ordered the plans from the AMA last week, but before I start the balsa flying I was wondering if anyone is still, or ever was, kitting the Hobo. I did a search and found Tom Neighbor did, I believe and another was looking at kitting it, but I don't know if its still available if it ever was kitted. I figured i'd ask here and someone might know. I know Tom Neighbor posts here and mayby he will chime in......Gene

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Hobo Kit ?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 09:13:35 AM »
Try again.  You ever get the idea that our internet servers cause more problems than they fix.  I don't know where in cyber land my first post went.  But, here is my Hobo built from plans Tom sent me.   It is an easy build and flies great in my opinion.  May not win the NATS with it unless Paul, Brett or Billy flies it.   I have an LA 46 in the nose.   After getting the misalignment taken care of in the flaps I put it through the pattern.  So don't forget pictures.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Online gene poremba

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 10:39:21 AM »

John, do you know if it is kitted by anyone? I received the plans in the mail today....Gene

Offline Tom Niebuhr

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 01:28:45 PM »
Gene,

Since my Bypass surgery I have stopped making kits and decided to get back to flying and building for myself.  In the near future, Walter Umland will be making Hobo kits with agreement from me.

AMA 7544

Online gene poremba

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 02:46:04 PM »

Ok. Thanks for that info Tom. I'm looking forward to cutting out one or two kits for myself over the next week or so. Glad to hear your back at flying....Gene

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here