News:

• March 28, 2024, 07:08:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hobby King  (Read 3191 times)

Online Perry Rose

• Go vote, it's so easy dead people do it all the time.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Hobby King
« on: June 19, 2017, 01:05:42 PM »
I was looking at their web site and found an engine called INC. They don't have any and I don't need one but has anyone used this brand engine?
I may be wrong but I doubt it.
I wouldn't take her to a dog fight even if she had a chance to win.
The worst part of growing old is remembering when you were young.

Online Carl Cisneros

• Captain
Re: Hobby King
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 06:10:45 PM »
There was one person at Brodaks last week running one in his plane and it ran very, very well.

Can not remember the plane, prop, fuel he was using.

Carl R Cisneros, Dist IV
Control Line RB

Online John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 06:51:36 PM »
Carl,
It was Rich Imhof from western Michigan.  I believe it was a .46 running on 10-20 blend.  The plane is Rich's own design and the engine pulls it along pretty well.  I am sure that Rich will drop in and provide more information.
John
John Paris

Offline Richard Imhoff

• 2019 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 08:12:44 PM »
The INC 46 runs sweet with just hemi heading it with a 3/4 ball end mill. and a .275 venturi and a OS needle valve cross drilled with a #60 drill for two holes in the spray bar.
Flew the same plane at Brodaks to a second in profile and PA, and never touched the needle once I set it on Monday test flight.

I was running a 11X5 APC prop also..
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 12:31:44 PM by Richard Imhoff »
Dick Imhoff  AMA 58502

Combat, Racing, Stunt, and big time fun flyer, and Maybe a bit of carrier.

Online Perry Rose

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 04:44:52 AM »
Hmmmm, maybe I do need one.

Online Carl Cisneros

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 08:58:40 AM »
just checked the Hobby King site and it appears that they are no longer available

Carl R Cisneros, Dist IV
Control Line RB

Offline Richard Imhoff

• 2019 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 12:30:36 PM »
here's the link I came up with. $67 bucks and shows in stock in the US.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/inc-46-glow-engine-with-muffler-abc-piston-sleeve-assembly.html?___store=en_us
Dick Imhoff  AMA 58502

Combat, Racing, Stunt, and big time fun flyer, and Maybe a bit of carrier.

Online Carl Cisneros

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 03:36:59 PM »
found it as well.
looked on the standard HK link with out looking up the actual motor.  DUH!!!!

Carl R Cisneros, Dist IV
Control Line RB

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 05:02:01 PM »
It weights 22 ounces?  How much of that is muffler and rc carb. Someone weigh one and let us know
Locust NC 40 miles from the Huntersville field

Offline Target

• C/L Addict
  • 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 05:10:06 PM »
That's not to be believed, I think sometimes the HK website has the shipping weight listed....
The HK ASP engines seem to work well also with a venture and NVA.

R,
Chris
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 05:32:14 PM by Chris Behm »
Regards,
Chris
AMA 5956

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 11:48:05 AM »
I bought one to try.  The bare motor is a bit heavier than an LA 46 but with ball bearings,  the muffler is a lighter and smaller than the LA muffler.  An aftermarket muffler is probably in order.  The carb weighs about and ounce and a half.  From Taiwan and very nicely built with a good feel to it.
phil Cartier

Offline Reptoid

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 11:01:58 PM »
It weights 22 ounces?  How much of that is muffler and rc carb. Someone weigh one and let us know
Read under specs for the engine: 448 grams with muffler and carb (16 oz.)
Regards,
       Don
       AMA # 3882

Offline Target

• C/L Addict
  • 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2017, 04:33:24 PM »
Please be forewarned that dealing with Hobby King is **not** a sure thing.  Go to RC Groups vendor section and there is a tab for Hobby King discussion if you want to know what your odds are of getting what you order.  Whatever you do, USE PAYPAL, not your credit card.  

Good Luck.

Rusty- Please do tell. I have had good luck with HK, especially when the stuff is in the US warehouses.
I would think that you might have better protection with a credit card than with Paypal, andit is usually cheaper, although not always.
Please explain, it sounds like a story worth hearing.
Regards,
Chris
AMA 5956

Offline Reptoid

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2017, 10:48:16 PM »
I have ordered 4-5 times from HK, from China direct and from US warehouse. Never had a problem and always received the goods in about two to three weeks  :)
Regards,
       Don
       AMA # 3882

Offline Target

• C/L Addict
  • 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2017, 06:17:28 AM »
My secret is I never order something that is shown as out of stock, and try to get it from a US warehouse when I order it.
Just because it's printed in rcgroups doesn't make it so....
Regards,
Chris
AMA 5956

Online Carl Cisneros

• Captain
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2017, 09:47:35 AM »
just noticed in the link that Richard provided, the motor is located in the Global (HK) warehouse. (if i am reading it right)
Carl R Cisneros, Dist IV
Control Line RB

Online Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2017, 10:55:52 AM »
Early on I was soured to HK as I had ordered a bunch of stuff and one item went out of stock as the order was being processed...7 weeks later I inquired to find that fact...

Told the guy to send what they had and Cxl the out of stock item... all arrived in 2 more weeks

Since then, I pay closer attention to the stock on hand inventory qty

I also try hard to get from the USA warehouses

I am income limited and know I am supporting a counterfeiter operation in China

But I have to claim the several engines I got (ASP/Magnum/INC) are all as good as the version they are clones of....for my infrequent uses

I also buy from BangGood and AliBabba through E-bay and it always astounds me when I find something with FREE shipping from Honk Kong...

When I had the giant 40 foot Winnebago I desired to convert all the 12Vdc lights to LED...insane prices per bulb at my Camping World

Found a E-bay source and bought all 35 bulbs for less $$ than 2 bulbs locally... $36 order and free shipping from Hong Kong, arrived in 2 weeks

Found a cool little RC helicopter clone of the E-Flight BLADE MCXE (Tower) for 1/3 the price and it took 6 weeks

Lots of fun tormenting the dogs in my shop when I get bored waiting on something to dry... first heli ANYONE can fly right out of the box....but not worth the Tower price of $125
"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2017, 04:12:27 PM »
Yes Chris.   Only the Washington Post and New Yotk Times is 100% believable.  Thanks.

LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~

HB~> HB~> HB~> HB~> !!!!!!!!!!!!

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline Target

• C/L Addict
  • 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2017, 05:46:04 PM »
Yes Chris.   Only the Washington Post and New Yotk Times is 100% believable.  Thanks.
Well, Rusty, you asked me a question which I answered truthfully.
I haven't had issues with hobby king, and have ordered about half a dozen times. Lucky? Maybe. But like I said, I don't order what's out of stock (for the very reason Fred pointed out), and I try to stick to the USA warehouses. Pretty simple, and so far, very effective.
It seems you're offended by me saying you can't believe everything that's on rcg...But, so far, that's ALL you've listed as reasons why you won't deal with hk. That's not a good enough reason for me, and at least I have had first hand experience with that specific vendor. Based on what you've written here, it doesn't sound like you have had a first hand bad experience, just what you've read in rcg. That's not very credible in my book, just a perpetuation of the rumor mill. Kinda like the, "I've heard somewhere that those Norvel engines come with machining chips in them, so you better look in the crankcase cover".
Without first hand experience, who knows how much truth there is to this statement?
If we bash every hobby vendor undeservedly, what will be their motivation to continue if sales drop due to "rumors"?
I think we should stick to facts we know of.
The other thing is, unhappy customers are much more likely to spout off about something that they didn't like, than happy ones about a smooth transaction. Because hk has volume, you're bound to hear more bad experience, period, than from a smaller volume business with the exact same success rate.
All of the above are my opinions, but my first hand experience with hobby king has been positive.
R,
Chris
Regards,
Chris
AMA 5956

Offline Target

• C/L Addict
  • 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2017, 02:07:49 PM »
Chris, Chris, Chris it was a heads up, FYI, etc.   Okay, we get you don't feel a warning is necessary.   We get you deserve more credibility than, perhaps, hundreds of others.  

Can you give it a rest?   Try sanding something.  

I'm sorry, I just have an aversion to rumors. Usually there is some inkling of truth to the rumor, but if it's 5% truth and 95% BS, well, it just doesn't seem right (to me)to fuel them. That is how people and businesses get ruined undeservedly.

My credibility comes from first hand experience of the topic at hand. Your warning (so far) sounds like it comes only from reading another forum, and that is at best second hand knowledge of questionable experiences. People LOVE to complain, some more than others.
There are other things in play as well for my thought process on HK. Do I like supporting a business from a country that has so much controversy? Not really. But, I have to assume that the US warehouses (I hope) provide some US jobs, and so that is another reason I try to order from HK US warehouses instead of the global one. I try to be a generally thoughtful person.
Yes, we should ALL be wary dealing with ANY internet sales, especially international sales. I just don't think it's fair to spread negative feedback without firsthand experience, Chinese company or not.

I probably WILL sand something, I have a Banshee tail to repair, and I can laminate the fuse sides of my 100% made in the USA builtright-flyright .15 Magician kit also.

Respectfully,
Chris Behm
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 03:53:16 PM by Chris Behm »
Regards,
Chris
AMA 5956

Online Perry Rose

• Admiral
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2017, 05:20:25 AM »
Don't make me come up there!!!

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2017, 12:53:59 PM »
Is this really worth arguing over?
Bill Morell
It wasn't that you could and others couldn't, its that you did and others didn't.
Vietnam 72-73
  Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it.

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2017, 01:02:35 PM »
I was on the verge of closing a deal with HK (Hobby King), then I found out the HK (Hong Kong) shipping was triple the product price.
Paul Smith

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here