News:

• April 24, 2024, 12:52:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Here we go again  (Read 8550 times)

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Here we go again
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2016, 04:07:57 PM »
Eric might try another sign.  It's obvious there is no power to run a video cam and no place to mount one within 1/4 mile.......  Here's what happened to my last sign,  three days after I put it up.
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2016, 04:08:58 PM »
AMA 20934

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2016, 04:10:13 PM »
The city put up their own sign warning to keep vehicles off the field.  They ran it down in about a week.

Dave
AMA 20934

Offline goozgog

• Captain
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2016, 03:49:52 AM »
   Geesh... and I complain about some beer bottles
tossed on our circle.

The weaklings who did that to your circle do not
have what it takes to succeed in life no matter how
much their mommy gives them.

You might not want this much revenge but thoughtless
people usually self destruct. ( In my experience.)
Their character flaws become an insurmountable
barrier for them.
I've seen it too many times.

I feel sorry for them. - K.
Keith Morgan

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2016, 10:20:31 AM »
Well I delivered the last of the railroad ties I had on my property.   Some were along the edge of my driveway and the rest were supposedly out lining a garden area.   I now have some of my back yard back.  The first four ties I placed last week and as I was driving in I had to look for them as I drove in.  We have left a ring of unmown grass on the outer limits of the circle, like the Tulsa guys do.  With the ties laying on top of the unmown grass it hides them a little.   Was thinking of putting one across the drive that we could move when we needed in, but decided this is it for a while.  Anyway I laid the other ties down.  They are on the side where we park.  Now if the brainless twits drive into the circle after dark like most of them do with out paying attention may be in for a rude awakening. 
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2016, 10:38:51 AM »
Doc

You being 74 I am impressed, you must be a very stout and in good shape gentleman

I am a young 61 and a scant 150lbs now... as a much younger man I moved a LOT of rail road ties...I seriously doubt today I could lift just one end of one

At one time early on this (been here 22 years now) property we went and got from a RR siding (with permission) 125 old RR ties (free). Took three trips on my 16' trailer and of course wife had me move each about 4 times just like a couch in the den

Years later they were moved to the front fence line and offered for free to who ever wanted them...gone in one day...grin
Replaced by the man made concrete building block wall crap....buying, moving them another back breaking event

I never want to touch, see, or smell another RR tie
"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2016, 11:00:29 AM »
Some lateral thinking required  in signage ;

New Club T Shirts ;

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2016, 11:08:06 AM »
I know Doc pretty well, and I strongly suspect that lifting railroad ties is a very painful process for him.  I also know that He's a very, very determined guy when he sets his mind to something.

I'm 76 and can still lift one end of a RR tie and drag it a fair piece but it's just painful!  Determination is a powerful thing!  LL~ LL~ LL~

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2016, 11:57:03 AM »
Randy... Exactly!

I have been saying since I was 50ish... if it hurts this much NOW, 70 is gonna really suck...

A side thought... as much fun as it is to think about traps or other ways to deter these butt heads...please be careful to NOT construct a scenario where one of the idiots gets maimed or killed... Way too may lawsuits manage to award a LOT of $$$$ to a...holes who were doing wrong (or the family of the a...hole)

We actually have a county ordinance AGAINST a reinforced Mail box.... some a..holes were bashing them... they found a super reinforced one and the bat rebounded and killed a kid in the back seat....you know the award was significant in today's "everybody is a victim" society

"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2016, 12:55:39 PM »
Doc has done a great job!  Got this photo the other day before he took the second load out.  He got that load out yesterday and wouldn't wait for me to get off work to help.  Looking good I think-haven't cleared it with the city yet tho-whoops.
AMA 20934

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2016, 01:19:09 PM »
Got the circle pretty smoothed over dragging a cedar sled I made behind the tractor.  Not much grass left but it's fly able again.  Now need to find and transport another 20-25 RR ties.....
AMA 20934

Offline Terrence Durrill

• Captain
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2016, 03:48:34 PM »

Hey, if the last suggestion didn't convince you on the "crop circle" problem ...... check this one out:

This is not a joke.....    D>K     H^^

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here