News:

• April 26, 2024, 10:37:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Flying Fields...who is free of snow and currently flying?  (Read 6940 times)

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
    • Sean Emery funny guy juggling and stuff
Flying Fields...who is free of snow and currently flying?
« on: February 15, 2017, 04:10:30 PM »
Just curious what Club flying fields in what States are free of snow and Winter and actively flying.
Oh you lucky ones!
Shug

Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
Re: Flying Fields...who is free of snow and currently flying?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 04:13:42 PM »
Shug,
I ain't seen snow since I was flying in your neck of the woods! Year round bi-slobbin and speed flying here.
Including pic of our auxiliary field.... easier to take off and land on this hard packed stuff.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 07:02:33 AM by Dane Martin »

Online Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Fancher Handles - Presented by Brent Williams
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 04:43:45 PM »
I still have some snow in my yard, but the school yards and parks are snow free.  
5 flights last Sunday.  Woo Hoo!
Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 05:02:26 PM »
When I want snow, I'll rent it! Year-round flying here in Southern California (except for whatever that wet stuff is falling from the sky).  LL~
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Online mike waldron

• 21 supporter
  • Ensign
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 06:16:38 PM »
Hey Shug...   Im in Florida..  Currently averaging 25-30 flights a week with electric SV-11 and Profile.. 
Fly all year.. Circle is in my back yard.. Don Ogren has put in 264 flights on his Jaguar here in the last 12 months.(He keeps a log) See ya in Huntersville hopefully this May..

Mike

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 06:45:34 PM »
    Here in St. Louis, we can have winter be either wicked and nasty cold, or mild mannered. I have lived with -14 below zero with snow butt deep to a nine foot Indian. On the other side of things, we have had winters where it never got below freezing. I have memories of walking around the neighborhood as a kid delivering Valentines with only a light jacket on. I think this winter so far, we have only had 1.5" of snow total. I've been to Buder Park a couple of times so far. This weekend calls for 70+ degrees both days so I know I will make at least one trip there for Ice-O-Lated practice. One year we were flying the Ice-O-Lated in T-shirts and watching bald eagles circle overhead! You guys that are with in easy driving distance might want to watch the weather closely and come on out for the contest on the 26th of this month. Check outthe Events section!
   Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Allan Perret

• Admiral
  • Proverbs
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 06:55:45 PM »
Ringmasters Flying Club   New Orleans, La.    we fly year round,  3 times in last two weeks.   Baton Rouge about the same.
Allan Perret
AMA 302406
Slidell, Louisiana

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 06:58:43 PM »
Hey Shug...   Im in Florida..  Currently averaging 25-30 flights a week with electric SV-11 and Profile.. 
Fly all year.. Circle is in my back yard.. Don Ogren has put in 264 flights on his Jaguar here in the last 12 months.(He keeps a log) See ya in Huntersville hopefully this May..

Mike
Big ol' circle envy here! 
No wonder you are such a fine flyer.
Maybe I should book a room and drive down...
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 07:15:56 PM »
    Here in St. Louis, we can have winter be either wicked and nasty cold, or mild mannered. I have lived with -14 below zero with snow butt deep to a nine foot Indian. On the other side of things, we have had winters where it never got below freezing. I have memories of walking around the neighborhood as a kid delivering Valentines with only a light jacket on. I think this winter so far, we have only had 1.5" of snow total. I've been to Buder Park a couple of times so far. This weekend calls for 70+ degrees both days so I know I will make at least one trip there for Ice-O-Lated practice. One year we were flying the Ice-O-Lated in T-shirts and watching bald eagles circle overhead! You guys that are with in easy driving distance might want to watch the weather closely and come on out for the contest on the 26th of this month. Check outthe Events section!
   Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee
Oh right good...thanks for letting me know.
Only 8 hours........hhhmmmmm...
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2017, 07:36:20 PM »
The Cholla Choppers MAC field in Tucson AZ Never has snow.

In all honesty we have had some fairly cold weather here this winter, but that means a few nights in the mid 30's and a few days in the low 50's.

Most recently we held the Southwest Regional Control Line Championships (1 and 1/2 weeks ago) and for the most part the weather was very good.  A couple of West Coast notables attended, namely David Fitzgerald and Brett Buck.  They are indeed both very nice Gentleman and are always extremely gracious.

Talking with them about stunt and airplanes and engines and setups is always helpful, and interesting.  Both Jim Hoffman (Phoenix, AZ)  and Lou Wolgast were treated to flights on David's  World Championship Thundergazer!, an amazing airplane engine(PA75) combination.

We try hard to make this a good contest and almost always have good weather for it.  We sincerely hope more people will avail themselves of the opportunity to fly at this time of the year and attend this contest.  This contest has been held here uninterrupted for more than 30 years at our field in Tucson (home of VSC), and for nearly another 30 before that, at the airport in Buckeye AZ about 40 miles to the east of Tucson.

When the snow is blowing and bones shiver...Come join us in Tucson and Fly in the warm sunshine!

The contest also includes Carrier and Combat and a number of folks from Texas and other far places attended this year.

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2017, 09:43:28 PM »
All's clear in South Cackalacky! We went out to the field yesterday. Blustery winds, but clear.
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2017, 10:03:42 PM »

I haven't been in the neighborhood, but I'd bet "our" field virtually free of snow. Too bad we're not allowed to use it 'til June.  :(
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Pat Chewning

• Commander
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2017, 10:31:02 PM »
Portland Oregon.   We have no snow currently and there were about 6 of us at the field on Monday, 3 of us flew planes.   Today was raining too hard.  Friday might be flyable.   No snow in the forecast, but rain will usually be a 50% or better chance, based on past years.

I like snow.  I seek it out.  We have had an outstanding snow year for skiing.  I look forward to going up next week for my 25th day of skiing this season, and hope that I get 50 days on the slopes this season.

Offline C.T. Schaefer

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2017, 06:24:15 AM »
Here in New Joisey we get out almost once a week. Whenever it gets to 40's and not blowing too hard.   And then we go to the hot dog joint!!

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2017, 08:56:12 AM »
This time of year the county sports complex soccer fields are un used and our weather can be 65F~79F one week and down to 19F the next as an arctic blast blows through.  Example yesterday flying at 72F and this morning 33F

Moe* and I have been out flying 6 times so far this year in nice light wind and no frozen fingers...Under 50F and I just wait a week

*Moe is my RSM heavy flat plate flying helper....he is very non critical of my meager skills and always does his job!

Sure do wish he could help unload or load up, take a few photos, or fetch a beer when done.. really wish for a human flying buddy
"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2017, 09:31:14 AM »
The Cholla Choppers MAC field in Tucson AZ Never has snow.

In all honesty we have had some fairly cold weather here this winter, but that means a few nights in the mid 30's and a few days in the low 50's.

Most recently we held the Southwest Regional Control Line Championships (1 and 1/2 weeks ago) and for the most part the weather was very good.  A couple of West Coast notables attended, namely David Fitzgerald and Brett Buck.  They are indeed both very nice Gentleman and are always extremely gracious.

Talking with them about stunt and airplanes and engines and setups is always helpful, and interesting.  Both Jim Hoffman (Phoenix, AZ)  and Lou Wolgast were treated to flights on David's  World Championship Thundergazer!, an amazing airplane engine(PA75) combination.

We try hard to make this a good contest and almost always have good weather for it.  We sincerely hope more people will avail themselves of the opportunity to fly at this time of the year and attend this contest.  This contest has been held here uninterrupted for more than 30 years at our field in Tucson (home of VSC), and for nearly another 30 before that, at the airport in Buckeye AZ about 40 miles to the east of Tucson.

When the snow is blowing and bones shiver...Come join us in Tucson and Fly in the warm sunshine!

The contest also includes Carrier and Combat and a number of folks from Texas and other far places attended this year.

Randy Cuberly

Randy,can't remember the year, but I remember one day when Mike said they were not going to even set up.  I remember seeing snow, sleet, rain and a speck of sun shine that day.  Also wasn't there another year the guys shoveled snow for a take off strip and then have it melt before the day was done.   VD~
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Bootlegger

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2017, 01:08:37 PM »

South Louisiana, Perry Rose and I went and suffered in 55f weather, sure makes it tough...Looking forward to doin' it again this week end... y1 #^ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~
8th Air Force Veteran
Gil Causey
AMA# 6964

Offline rich gorrill

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2017, 01:48:26 PM »
Snow doesn't slow down some of the Philly Flyers as some pic's posted earlier have shown. I personally like it in the 50's with a little wind. Weather forecast calling for the 60's over the weekend. I'm sure we'll be out in force. Some guy's have been flying every decent day this winter.

Rich

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2017, 02:38:06 PM »
Shug,
I ain't seen snow since I was flying in your neck of the woods! Year round bi-slobbin and speed flying here.
Including pic of our auxiliary field.... easier to take off and land on this hard packed stuff.
Is that Vegas in the background?
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2017, 04:15:23 PM »
Is that Vegas in the background?

Mmmmmhmmmm. This field is basically on "The Strip". It's actually on Las Vegas Boulevard. Used to be Bill Benetts Celebrity ranch.

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2017, 04:37:35 PM »
Mud. Lots and lots of mud.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Chris Brainard

• AMA Member
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2017, 06:39:13 PM »
Today in Denver we set a new record high...75. After work I headed to the flying field and put up two flights before the sun went behind the mountains. Wind was 2 - 3 mph and blowing away from the sun. This was one of the few days this year when the wind wasn't howling when it wasn't to cold or muddy to fly.
Chris

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2017, 06:44:17 PM »
Today in Denver we set a new record high...75. After work I headed to the flying field and put up two flights before the sun went behind the mountains. Wind was 2 - 3 mph and blowing away from the sun. This was one of the few days this year when the wind wasn't howling when it wasn't to cold or muddy to fly.
Chris
Sounds real nice for sure. Perfect!
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Don Chandler

• Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2017, 06:54:22 PM »
Flew this last Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday fot the first time in about 6 weeks. No snow but lots of rain and wind .Rain is now back along with high winds. I am about 40 miles north of the Oroville dam some of you may have heard about on tv.

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2017, 06:57:51 PM »
The forcast for Saturday is 70 degrees at Buder Park this weekend....t-shirt weather. We will see what weather we have for the 26th for our annual ICE-O-LATED stunt and speed contest. bring out that Fox 35 speed,Perky speed and the stunt model

https://lafayetteesquadrillecl.wordpress.com/lafayette-esquadrille-cl/control-line-contest-st-louis/control-line-contest-stunt-pampa-perky-speed-fox35-speed-st-louis/

Fred
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2017, 10:12:31 PM »
The forcast for Saturday is 70 degrees at Buder Park this weekend....t-shirt weather. We will see what weather we have for the 26th for our annual ICE-O-LATED stunt and speed contest. bring out that Fox 35 speed,Perky speed and the stunt model

https://lafayetteesquadrillecl.wordpress.com/lafayette-esquadrille-cl/control-line-contest-st-louis/control-line-contest-stunt-pampa-perky-speed-fox35-speed-st-louis/

Fred
I got half a mind to try and go to this contest.....only 8 hours.
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Online Perry Rose

• Go vote, it's so easy dead people do it all the time.
  • Admiral
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2017, 05:10:52 AM »
Heading for the Dallas contest in a few minutes.
I may be wrong but I doubt it.
I wouldn't take her to a dog fight even if she had a chance to win.
The worst part of growing old is remembering when you were young.

Offline Don Jenkins

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2017, 05:34:32 AM »

Mike

Come on Mike, thats not fair to get in that many flights, no wonder you're so darn good.  Although there is no snow and the temps are mild, Huntersville seems to be really windy most of the time.  I just don't enjoy flying in 10 MPH winds or higher, the pucker factor is just too high to have fun!!

Don

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2017, 06:31:03 AM »
We're flying here in Paradise.....
The Venice club has a 3/4 paved CL circle, good winds and a nice bunch of folk that proclaim that they "did that once" and are in awe of a poorly flown pattern.....
The Manatee County Radio Controllers, in Ellenton, re-did their CL area because the EPA found the sinking of the ground and ponding of water unacceptable and trucked in a bunch of dirt to remedy the situation. The club, with a very generous donation, created a 120' X 10' concrete take off area and a new circle center.
The site was manicured and seeded, but a drought has slowed the growth of grass (maybe next week we will fly off of it). The CL area has been moved to the opposite end of the RC flight line temporarily....
Shug knows what winters here are like.

Have fun!

Offline Steve Thornton

• Commander
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2017, 07:49:49 AM »
Just retired to Michigan and have an invite from John Paris and a few other new "old CL friends" to fly in the Flint area Sunday.  Temp near 60, light winds...shorts and T-shirts?  This hobby is made up of truly nice folks! Come across the lake and fly with us Shug!
Steve
"Most of us won't make it out of this world alive."
Steve Thornton

Online John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2017, 08:05:41 AM »
Of course the NACA club is located in north Alabama  (Huntsville).  We can fly year round (almost).  It's not so much cold and snow but wind and rain that slowed us down.  Pulse we are wimps.  We consider 40 deg too cold to fly.    LL~
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2017, 08:36:00 AM »
Rich , you're correct about the flying we've been flying at the R/C field and last weekend with Danny and Rob at Sparks. Here's a pic of the 3 Amigos P40s....

Offline Gordon Van Tighem

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2017, 11:02:24 AM »
No flying here, but heading to VSC in Tucson in a couple of weeks.....can't wait!
Gord VT
MAAC 3738L, Life Member
AMA C3738L

Offline Russell Shaffer

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2017, 11:16:59 AM »
I flew Monday and Tuesday last week on nice green soccer fields.  Today I used the snowblower to deal with 5 inches of heavy snow.  Pretty normal for Eastern Oregon this time of year, though.
Russell Shaffer
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Just North of the California border

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2017, 11:48:54 AM »
Got out to a local ballfield and got the Leester P-51 up and trimming.
Me and Tom flew.
Shug

Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2017, 11:50:12 AM »
Buder Park, St Louis MO - 75 degrees, light winds and sunny skies

Not normal for our area but we will take it!

Fred
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2017, 09:14:05 PM »
Great action shot of the p51, Shug. Looks like grass grew on the ice.
I shot some video of our flying expedition at Fort Jackson today and Wayne can be heard saying how at least we don't have to fly on a frozen lake. Then we broke out into a conversation about your no slip shoe attachments.

It was good for me to get back out. It's the first time I've been able to try flying with some success and fun since my pinched neck-nerve incident during a wingover in November. I managed to do all the 45 degree stunts well, but still can't do anything that requires looking up higher than that. But the exercise and camaraderie was refreshing and so was finishing the day once again with a smile on my face.

70 degrees with shifty thermals driving the RC guys mad. "How do you control line guys manage to fly in this wind!?!?" Lol, they always say that.
Rusty
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 02:58:08 AM by RknRusty »
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
while you're doing it!

www.coxengineforum.com

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2017, 09:45:29 PM »
Buder Park, St Louis MO - 75 degrees, light winds and sunny skies

Not normal for our area but we will take it!

Fred
How is it looking for your contest? Got a head count?

Great action shot of the p51, Shug. Looks like grass grew on the ice.
I shot some video of our flying expedition at Fort Jackson today and Wayne can be heard saying how at least we don't have to fly on a frozen lake. Then we broke out into a conversation about your no slip shoe attachments.

It was good for me to get back out. It's the first time I've been able to try flying with some success and fun since my pinched neck-nerve incident during a wingover in November. I managed to do all the 45 degree stunts well, but still can't do anything that requires looking up higher than that. I fear that is going to be permanent. But the exercise and camaraderie was refreshing and so was finishing the day once again with a smile on my face.

70 degrees with shifty thermals driving the RC guys mad. "How do you control line guys manage to fly in this wind!?!?" Lol, they always say that.
Rusty
I know that was good for you to get out on the handle. Nurse that neck now...you'll get there I hope.
Shug
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2017, 09:54:02 PM »

Trimming? That Mustang was a turn-key combo.  ???
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2017, 09:56:50 PM »
Trimming? That Mustang was a turn-key combo.  ???
I use the term loosely.
Just too nice a day to not grab a handle. And trim.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 10:13:41 PM by Shug Emery »
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2017, 09:26:44 AM »
It's great guys are able to get out and fly.  Also having a decent place to fly.  I finally made it out last Saturday to fly in our dust bowl.  Do have a coule of areas the brainless turd hasn't got to yet.  Plan on heading east this weekend if family doesn't interfere again.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Walter Hicks

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2017, 04:04:09 PM »
Medford Oregon last week it started out 47 degrees and got over 50 later. Heat Wave! Still raining and are supposed to get snow next two days not much flying yet this year in 2017.
My Spitfire in background , Marshall Palmer's Skipjack next to Spitfire. Chuck Jenks in foreground and Marshall Palmer in Background .

Online Dan Berry

• Admiral
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2017, 05:54:23 PM »
Flew today.
Certainly didn't have snow!

Offline Jim Oliver

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2017, 08:51:14 PM »
Snow??  What's that??
Jim Oliver
AMA 18475

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2017, 10:15:53 PM »
We've been having some very unFebruary like weather  today in Philly .Sunny,70degrees,light winds. It was wonderful. At the field we had 3 P40 profiles and one very beautiful electric powered stunter called the Bucks550 by Joe Adamusko. He let me fly it! My heart was pounding knowing that I had a work of art on the other end. Anyway, it was just a great day flying C/L.

Offline Gene Martine

• 2019 supporter
  • Commander
  • Started flying 1952 (AMA 2903)
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2017, 07:55:13 AM »
Been flying every weekend here in Glen St. Mary, FL. About 18 mi. from Jacksonville.
Gene
 y1 y1 y1 y1 y1 y1 y1

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2017, 08:34:03 PM »
Every February we have a meeting at Watt Field, the home of Watt Moore in Chester, SC. It was about 78 degrees with sun and clouds and the lead edge of a cold front moving through. The very low-lying field and half-circle of trees bordering the field shielded us pretty well from the strong 15-25kt winds and confusing thermals gusting even higher in the area, and it got very exciting in overhead maneuvers. We flew anyway, nobody chickened out, and we witnessed some heart stopping and hilarious saves. A couple of planes appeared to actually stop moving momentarily overhead, but amazingly not one single crash.

Of course, we all flew beaters, Watt has plenty of those on hand for these occasions. He gave me a 30 year old Tutor with a Thunder Tiger Pro .36 to replace my Cardinal which self-destructed in mid-flight last Sunday. That Cardinal was also one of his old planes I'd been flying for about 2 years. Will Davis cooked a pot of beef stew soup and cornbread for lunch. Don Jenkins showed off his latest build, a yet to be painted 60" wingspan beauty of his own design. He's been posting updates on it in the workshop thread lately. Fun day.
Rusty

That's Brian Malin with a profile Nobler below.
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
while you're doing it!

www.coxengineforum.com

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2017, 10:38:42 AM »
No snow at Buder Park yesterday.  Temps were bearable and very little breeze.  Wife said it snowed while I was in St Louis.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Pat Chewning

• Commander
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2017, 12:50:51 PM »
Me and Tom flew.
Shug

Can you tell me how this picture was taken?  It looks like the camera is elevated and close to the flying circle ......

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2017, 02:02:34 PM »
Can you tell me how this picture was taken?  It looks like the camera is elevated and close to the flying circle ......
Club member Tom took it. He was standing right by where he launched me. Then I cropped it after he sent it to me. He used his phone camera.
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here