News:

• April 26, 2024, 11:36:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Drones and FOD Video  (Read 1861 times)

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
Drones and FOD Video
« on: January 22, 2016, 04:05:43 PM »
AMA 12366

Offline Roger Vizioli

• CLiner
  • 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Drones and FOD Video
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 07:17:05 PM »
Good summary "Sparky"

Roger V
F-14's , gone but never forgotten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Roger Vizioli
AMA L-2408
Florida/Space Coast

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 08:38:59 PM »

The simple application of good old common sense, something that stopped happening in Government long ago.
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Andrew Saunders

• Commander
  • 2013 Nats
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 04:44:48 PM »
Hey Sparky. I wanted to stop by and say i saw your video on the drone registration. I also wanted to say thanks for using my video with Wes Aekin Flying His super clown with my Nephew and our pastors so., That was awesome. You are dead on with all your statements on the registration.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 08:43:39 PM »
Was at Harbor Freight yesterday to pick up some cheap brushes.   Seen the RC model P-51 and a helicopter.   I asked the clerk if she knew any thing the FAA  requiring registration by who ever by any of the RC models.  Nobody in the store knew any thing.   I too will have a radio set in my fun airplane that will have elevator controlled by lines.   The radio is just for throttle control.   
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 01:23:00 PM »
bump
AMA 12366

Offline Gordon Van Tighem

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 02:45:11 PM »
If Regulation doesn't work - get an Eagle!

Sometimes low-tech solutions can turn out to be the most effective. Take, for instance, this example of using eagles to take down unruly drones.

In a new project to patrol the skies, the Dutch national police force has teamed up with ‘Guard from Above,’ a company that trains birds of prey to tackle drones. They aim to create a fleet of eagles that can take to the skies and prey on drones that infringe air space or hamper official operations such as emergency air ambulance landings. According to Guard from Above, the goal is to draw on the bird’s “hunting instincts” to make them hunt down drones.

A video released on Sunday on the Dutch police’s official YouTube channel shows an eagle making a beeline for a drone and grabbing it from above, before plonking it in the corner of an indoor training facility.

“The eagle sees the drone as its prey, so he tries to take it to a safe location and guard it once he gets there,” says Sjoerd Hoogendoorn from Guard from Above in the video.
Gord VT
MAAC 3738L, Life Member
AMA C3738L

Offline Greg McCoy

• Commander
  • flying tiger B24 gunnery school patch Laredo
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 03:08:49 PM »

Sometimes low-tech solutions can turn out to be the most effective. Take, for instance, this example of using eagles to take down unruly drones.

In a new project to patrol the skies, the Dutch national police force has teamed up with ‘Guard from Above,’ a company that trains birds of prey to tackle drones. They aim to create a fleet of eagles that can take to the skies and prey on drones that infringe air space or hamper official operations such as emergency air ambulance landings. According to Guard from Above, the goal is to draw on the bird’s “hunting instincts” to make them hunt down drones.

A video released on Sunday on the Dutch police’s official YouTube channel shows an eagle making a beeline for a drone and grabbing it from above, before plonking it in the corner of an indoor training facility.

“The eagle sees the drone as its prey, so he tries to take it to a safe location and guard it once he gets there,” says Sjoerd Hoogendoorn from Guard from Above in the video.

http://spectrum.ieee.org/automaton/robotics/aerial-robots/dutch-police-training-eagles-to-take-down-drones
AMA 77370

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 03:52:15 PM »

sounds like a good way to get some eagles hurt
the props on a multirotors can shred flesh,, easily,, especially larger ones
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here