News:

• April 19, 2024, 03:03:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dave Cook  (Read 754 times)

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
Dave Cook
« on: April 21, 2016, 11:58:16 AM »
Dave Cook

I just got Damian's E-mail on Dave's passing. I was so glad to be able to talk to Dave several weeks ago as we had lost contact for a while.

I first met Dave at a contest at the New Bedford Airport. I think I was 15 years old? I had only heard of the "500 Club" and to see Dave and Roy Tucker fly the AMA Stunt Pattern was an education on how it should be flown. I could do inside and outside loops plus fly inverted.

I would not meet Dave again for some 15 years. We had a Club that flew in Braintree, MA. One day this Tall/Lanky Guy shows up looking to see if he could join us at our field and fly with us. This was the start of a 40 year friendship.

There was a group of us that got together that started hitting the "Contest Trail" to New York and New Jersey. We would meet at Dave's house pack up my "BLUE VAN" and head out. One of our first Contest was at the Circle Burns where we had the privilege of staying at Windy's House (Little Ferry). Ask Doug how that was.

Then there were the NEST Christmas Parties and Cookouts that Dave and Dot hosted that brought all of us together over the years.

I was glad to see the recognition that Dave received from both PAMPA and AMA.

Doug, Pam and Dave Jr,

God bless, Dave will be missed but not forgotten.

George and Cheryl Higgins

I am leading an effort to put together a "Tribute" article for the May/June Stunt News. We are going to try to use the same format that was used for Bob Gieseke's story in Stunt News. Bob Hunts guiding in putting it together.Our big problem is we have to have it ready in 2 weeks.

My question to you is would it be possible "PIN" a note to reference our Tribute to Dave on 2 our the Forums?

They would be the OPEN forum and the IN MEMORY OFF forum.

Please consider forwarding you post to the DAVE COOK Tribute Committee. We are putting together Dave's Story that will appear in the MAY/JUNE issue of STUNT NEWS. We has to put this together by April 30th to meet the deadline for the issue.

e-mail to:
dacecooktribute@gmail.com

(yes I did spell dave wrong but I did not notice it till i sent out over 1000 e-mail. the responses are coming back ok,, I guess no one else noticed it yet.)

Our Comity is made up of my self, Rick Huff and Damian Sheehy.

Thanks,

George Higgins
AMA 12366

Advertise Here

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?
Tags:

Advertise Here