News:

• April 24, 2024, 09:34:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Control Line Aerobatics Contest Canton, GA  (Read 1122 times)

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Control Line Aerobatics Contest Canton, GA
« on: June 23, 2017, 10:52:46 PM »
Control Line Aerobatics Contest  Canton, GA Sept 29, 30, Oct 1, 2017.  I just received an Email about this contest.  I may well try and make this one.  It will be my first stunt contest.  If I go I will be flying the beginner pattern on Sunday. On Saturday they talk about Profile (skilled classes)  Dose this mean they will have a beginner Profile class?  Anyway I will get busy and start learning the pattern.
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Joseph Patterson

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA member- Supporter
Re: Control Line Aerobatics Contest Canton, GA
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 08:25:19 AM »
  Yes John, we will have P.A.(Precision Aerobatics) skill classes(BIAE) on Sunday-fly anything you want. We will have Profile (Unlimited-max engine displ. .92) (BIAE) on Sat. too. I will have a complete flyer out in the next few days. I will be the CD with Tom Dixon assist CD, along with invaluable help from Mr. Schneider, Leroy Polk, and several others. The flying site is located at the ETOWAH RIVER PARK, 600 BROWN INDUSTRIAL PARKWAY in Canton, Ga. There will be 3 manicured grass circles, two for competition and one practice circle. The park people will have the flying circles groomed extra short. Will not have a problem with skirted landing gear. This is a beautiful flying site!
    Thanks,
              Doug 

Offline Jim Mynes

• Commander
  • Chelsea, ME
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 02:31:56 PM »
Is there any chance the Parks Department would allow overnight camping at the site?
I have seen the light, and it’s powered by a lipo.

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 02:42:16 PM »
Doug,

Please put me on your list for a flyer (or post it here).  Do I interpret the note above correctly that you will have individual skill classes for Profile, too?
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Sean McEntee

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 02:50:37 PM »
Please add me to your distro list as well.  It appears likely that I will be headed down to Ft Rucker.  If I'm close, Ill be there!

Offline Joseph Patterson

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA member- Supporter
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 05:14:35 AM »
     Thanks for the interest shown by everyone. There will be SKILL CLASSES in Profile(eng. size to AMA max. .92 c.i.), skill classes in N-30 (Competitor may fly a Classic, or OTS era models in this event), and SKILL CLASSES in P.A. (Precision Aerobatics). However, we are not doing a Classic event.  OTS and War Bird Stunt events will be OPEN events. Field open for practice on Sept. 29th
        Profile (Beginner,IAE), N-30 (Beginner,IAE), OTS, and War Bird Stunt will be on SAT., Sept. 30TH, and PA (Beginner,IAE) on Sun.,  OCT. 1ST
        We will use the same War Bird Stunt rules as the Baton Rouge Bi-Liners use at their Zachary, LA. contest which were formulated by Jim Oliver, who I hope will be able to come and compete. These rules will be posted with the flyer in the event section.
      I don't believe this Park accommodates  RV camping, or camping of any sort. There are places near that do. That was a good question- We will get camping information this week and add it to the flyer.
      I will post a complete contest flyer the next day or two. Also to the gentleman above flying his first contest in Beginner Profile you may also fly in P.A. on Sun. w/same plane and I hope you do make the trip. We need guys like you so much to keep C/L stunt moving on.  
       Thanks again,
                         Doug Patterson- CD- < jd3patterson@gmail.com >

« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 12:47:58 PM by Joseph Patterson »

Offline TDM

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 09:01:40 AM »
Ill try to make it.
Each goal you meet is a moment of happiness
Happiness is the harmony between what you think and what you do. Mahatma Gandhi

Advertise Here