News:

• April 26, 2024, 06:20:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Clunk Tank for Ringmaster?  (Read 618 times)

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Clunk Tank for Ringmaster?
« on: March 27, 2017, 06:58:22 PM »
 Thinking on throwing on a clunk tank for my Brodak Ringmaster but not really sure which one would be a good one with so many tanks out there.

OS.25 FP w/ Jim Lee Tongue Muffler

Ideas?thoughts?opinions?
Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Offline Phil Spillman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Re: Clunk Tank for Ringmaster?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 08:15:49 PM »
Hi There, I've been running a 4 oz Sullivan clunk on a Ringmaster which I started in 1985 and finished in 1992! It's had hundreds of flights with a Fox.35 running on muffler pressure and the tank is plumbed with two clunks: one for feed and one for muffler pressure. I mounted it to a plywood backing with rubber bands applied to tow wire hooks with the angle tank mounted fat side toward the fuselage. The plywood has been coated with RTV as a dampner. There tow tabs cut into the backing with groves allowing the tank to be raised or lowered as needed. There is a 1/16 piece of balsa which allows the wires to be imbeded and not to dig into the fuselage.

The engine has as many extra parts on it as possible viz. ST NVA, Magic Blue head, and Fox Stuffer Back Plate. The parts are worth as much or more than the engine but it runs very nicely!

I use leather fillets on most of my profiles. Soak them in water for about 15 minutes, then applied with ePoxy. The water will evaporate and the joint will last a very long time! This enables the fillets to wrap around the leading edge with minimal bucleling if any.

Phil Spillman
Phil Spillman

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here