Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: BRODAK  (Read 2831 times)

Offline George Albo

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
BRODAK
« on: February 01, 2016, 08:49:33 PM »
I couldn't resist ordering the Sea Hurricane from Brodak recently and a few other items as well. So I went ahead and placed the order. Everything arrived undamaged, intact, and carefully packaged.

Boy was I in for a pleasant surprise. Top notch kit, quality hardware, decals and included brass fuel tank mounting brackets! Wow!!!! Couldn't be happier and I cannot heap enough praise on Jan and his company.

I plan on powering this model with a Fox .35. It's a 48" span so the Fox should haul it around nicely.

All that is left for me to do to begin is to set up the work bench and a work area.....Will send pictures when done.

Just had to share. Very happy with this!

George Albo
Darkness is dispelled with acts of kindness and selfless good deeds.

Offline Clint Ormosen

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: BRODAK
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 09:51:04 PM »
Yup, these Brodak profile warbirds are nice models. All of them I've seen have been fantastic performers. I have the FW190 and Sea Hurricane to build.
-Clint-

AMA 559593
Finding new and innovated ways to screw up the pattern since 1993

Offline Balsa Butcher

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • High Desert Flier
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 10:36:33 PM »
The FW-190 I ordered came with very light wood...all contest weight. Very impressed. It will be the third Brodak Warbird I have built. All have been excellent fliers. You may have to add nose weight with a Fox 35 as these do not have the long nose of planes like the Twister and Banshee. My Zero balances about right with an OS-FP40 and Big Art muffler. 8)
Pete Cunha
Sacramento CA.
AMA 57499

Offline Daniel_Munro

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 01:32:18 AM »
In 2014 I got a Legacy 40 kit from Brodak. Was a wonderful kit to build.

All the balsa in the kit was very nice, much lighter than any I could buy here in NZ. The associated hardware was great as well. Only thing I upgraded was the pushrods.

I built the kit as is and covered in film, with a Stalker 51 it was 54oz. Not bad at all.

I've just scratch built the latest plane, but will buy more from Brodak in the future that's for sure.
NZL7396

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 06:48:40 AM »
George, The Hawker Sea Hurricane is my favorite. Follow the instructions and it will come out straight and will fly great. When they say to sand the back of the rib sheets, do it !! the ribs come out with very little knife work needed. I had a Brodak 40 in mine and it was perfect, a Fox 35 should be ok just don't go crazy on the weight.  Good Luck
Leester
ama 830538

Offline George Albo

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 03:13:24 PM »
The FW-190 I ordered came with very light wood...all contest weight. Very impressed. It will be the third Brodak Warbird I have built. All have been excellent fliers. You may have to add nose weight with a Fox 35 as these do not have the long nose of planes like the Twister and Banshee. My Zero balances about right with an OS-FP40 and Big Art muffler. 8)

If the Fox .35 will be too light I'll use my Enya .35 for this. Thanks for the heads up. If you have a picture of the FW 190 please post it. Thanks

Offline George Albo

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 03:17:08 PM »
George, The Hawker Sea Hurricane is my favorite. Follow the instructions and it will come out straight and will fly great. When they say to sand the back of the rib sheets, do it !! the ribs come out with very little knife work needed. I had a Brodak 40 in mine and it was perfect, a Fox 35 should be ok just don't go crazy on the weight.  Good Luck
. I'll use an Enya .35. Those things are beasts. I have a K&B 40 if that doesn't do it. Thanks

Offline Bill Johnson

• 2016 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 08:47:12 AM »
. I'll use an Enya .35. Those things are beasts. I have a K&B 40 if that doesn't do it. Thanks

That's my thought. I have the Mauler waiting to pick up at the post office. I have an Enya 35-6001 and a couple 35-5224s that should be perfect for the Brodak profiles.
Best Regards,
Bill

AMA 350715

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here