News:

• April 16, 2024, 01:38:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Are you being watched,You bet!!!  (Read 1217 times)

Offline frank mccune

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Are you being watched,You bet!!!
« on: October 18, 2016, 07:58:38 AM »
     Hi All:

At 8:25 this morning I sent a message to my fellow club members listed on my list of club members via the internet.  At 9:25 this morning, I received a call from a person who had a very strong East Indian accent stating that he had noticed that I was having problems adding a name to my club list.  He even called me by my first name, Frank! I polity hung up.

Where  and how did he acquire my E Mail to fellow club members? No, he is not on my list of members.

If a business can access you private E Mails, think what the government is capable of doing!  Perhaps George Orwell was on to something.

Name withheld due to paranoia. Lol

Offline Russell

• ACE
  • Lieutenant
Re: Are you being watched,You bet!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 09:46:15 AM »
Are you using Hillary's email server?  ;D

Offline dennis lipsett

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 11:05:04 AM »
Are you using Hillary's email server?  ;D

I'll be glad when the election is over and the childish remarks will die for another 4 years ,hopefully. No I'm not a fan of either of the candidates.

Offline Jerry Higgins

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 11:22:06 AM »
You are not being watched, your email has been hacked.  Change your email password immediately. 

Jerry

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 11:43:30 AM »
Are you using Hillary's email server?  ;D

+1 LOL.

Offline TigreST

• TigreST
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 12:39:28 PM »
You need to watch the movie, "Snowden".

Tony "I'm with the government. I'm here to help." Bagley
Tony Bagley
Ontario, Canada

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 11:04:52 PM »
I'm not so sure of Yahoo!, which we both use. Changing your password can't hurt. Yahoo is always after me to change mine and add my cell (phone?) number to increase security. May be a good time to just do it.

On the other hand, I still get occasional calls from "Windows", wanting to "fix" my computer for me. "You mean my Mac?" I hear nothing but "click". I told them before that I chitcanned my PC and bought a Mac, but apparently this particular phone person didn't get the memo.  LL~ Steve 
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here