News:

• March 29, 2024, 07:07:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AMA District 6 Contest Coordinator being replaced  (Read 2001 times)

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
AMA District 6 Contest Coordinator being replaced
« on: February 03, 2016, 03:53:00 PM »
I just got this E-mail from the AMA concerning our Contest Coordinator for District 6. The letter reads RC but he also does the CL events also...

Fred

2/3/2016

Dear District VI Contest Director

We are in the process of replacing Mitch Baker, the current District VI Contest Coordinator for all RC events.

If you are still using the paper copy of the application and mailing it for approval, please forward all RC event sanctions to Colleen Pierce at AMA Headquarters until a replacement has been named. Free Flight sanction request may still be directed to Charles Markos.

We strongly urge you to use the on-line Contest Director Portal for sanction submissions as this will give you the opportunity to make the choice directly and avoid the time it takes to go through the US mail.

A guide to "Creating an online sanction" may be found on the AMA website
 http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/cdhelp.pdf

If you are having trouble accessing the Contest Directors Portal, please be sure that you have properly set up you web account and linked it to your membership. For assistant or to learn how to sign up for a Web account and link it to your AMA membership, please read the article here:
 http://www.modelaircraft.org/membership/membership/gettingstarted.aspx

Thanks for your help on this important issue.

Colleen Pierce
Competitions Dept.

Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Offline Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: AMA District 6 Contest Coordinator being replaced
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 04:47:30 PM »
"We are in the process of replacing Mitch Baker, the current District VI Contest Coordinator for all RC events."

This is kind of bad way to word this.  It sounds like the guy is a screw up and he's being canned or something!
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 05:07:39 PM »
The sanction application that sent in in November (paper copy) was not processed until I spoke up about a month ago, I have no idea what the problem is but the AMA, including our district VP has handled this situation. When I spoke with Colleen on the phone I could tell she was not happy that I had to call her and ask what was going on, nice to know she really does care about getting the Contest sanctions complete and is looking out for us.

I had to send in another Sanction application to Colleen about a week ago for the Feb 28th ICE-O-LATED CL stunt and speed contest in St Louis

Fred
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale

Offline John Tate

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 10:15:47 PM »
I guess Jamie Corn is no longer with the AMA and Colleen Pierce is the contact now for contest sanctions?
No one told me about it. Last November I also mailed in a paper copy contest sanction to AMA for this year. Jamie Corn told me that it would not go through until January due to that the new insurance for 2016 would not go into effect until January. Hopefully after some time the AMA will get the process smoothed out.

John Tate
District IV CL & FF Contest Coordinator

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 04:38:29 AM »
The AMA website only shows Colleen and Tony Stillman under competition and events.

Fred
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 10:23:11 AM »
When I spoke with Colleen on the phone I could tell she was not happy that I had to call her and ask what was going on, nice to know she really does care about getting the Contest sanctions complete and is looking out for us.

As much grief as the AMA (mostly elected or appointed officials) get for policy and strategy decisions (deservedly in many cases) the actual paid employees like Colleen, etc, are very good and care about what they are doing.

It cannot be easy to deal with modelers as a general rule. While we are generally top-notch and trustworthy people, there is also a strong tendency to OCD and lack of perspective. Many times, I have found myself getting the impression that I am one of the least crazy people in the room, which is saying quite a lot, because I *know* how loony I am. The AMA paid employees I have dealt with (as recently as this week) have always had a good attitude and seem to understand modelers and their "quirks".

Brett

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 03:58:52 PM »
I whole bunch of contests showed up on the AMA calendar for District 6 this week and Randy Cameron our VP for this area has his name listed as the Contest Coordinator. At least the log jam has been cleared and we have a path forward. Randy is probably filling in part time until they can find a permanent person to do the job.

Fred
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here