News:

• April 26, 2024, 12:39:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A day in John's shop. Horn bending jig  (Read 3419 times)

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
A day in John's shop. Horn bending jig
« on: March 12, 2017, 08:45:57 AM »
AMA 12366

Offline Allan Perret

• Admiral
  • Proverbs
Re: A day in John's shop. Horn bending jig
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 09:47:30 AM »
Derek Moran is the designer of that jig and posted the article on its use with complete list of all materials on Stuka, it was excellent.  I have the thread documented somewhere if the site ever comes back..    So what is John's last name, where from ? 
Allan Perret
AMA 302406
Slidell, Louisiana

Offline John Jordan

• Balsadust
  • 24 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 10:36:22 AM »

Thanks Allen I had brain lock sure would like credit to go to Derick he deserves it his system works great.
John Jordan    ama # 5939

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
Doctor's Silkspan test
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 12:45:18 PM »
AMA 12366

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 07:46:48 PM »
   Which brand of paper is it and where did it come from? I have the TIDI stuff in two different part numbers that is two different weights. They call it "choice" (heavier) and "everyday" (slightly lighter). It's pretty close to the old K&S GM (medium weight, the "everyday" grade) and SGM (heavier weight, and is the "choice grade.) this has all been posted and discussed in a thread already also. I just got some of the everyday grade (part number 981004) and compared it to a riol of the choice grade stuff (part number 916213) and the choice roll is larger in diameter for the same length roll, 125 feet I think. In doing research into this there are all sorts of different brands, and all sorts of prices, but all are pretty reasonable. It's shipping that gets out of hand! Even shipping one roll is almost 9 bucks. and that was the cheapest way the post office would send it.  If there is enough interest. I'm thinking of getting a supply and cutting it into 36" long sheets and see how it will fold and fit into a large envelope for the guys that want some but don't want to buy a whole roll for exorbitant shipping costs. It may be that all teh different brands are made in the same place, but would be helpful in getting the best price if you knew all the inside info on what and where it was made and how the different part numbers crossed over.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline John Jordan

• Balsadust
  • 24 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 04:35:44 AM »

World shortage of silkspan ended  post by Dave Siegler 5th post from beginning  sold by Medical Supply Mi 16 left in stock 29.00 per case web site part #18-1004     This is the info off my box  IMCO 171004-IMC  Exam Table Paper Crepe  21x125ft  White  12 per case  lot#27296851. I ordered from Dave' post main picture that comes up there are other options on right side of page I did not use any of those.I received product apx two and one half days after ordering. The listing does have TIDI at top of header. Click on Dave' post that is what I did and made my order simple a that. I hope this helps.

Thanks John
John Jordan    ama # 5939

Offline RogerGreene

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 06:35:04 PM »
Thanks for the demo on the "Doctor Paper". It looks real good.

Will the Doctor Paper be available in the Hobby Shop?

Thanks,

Roger
Fly Stunt <><
AMA 435R
USAF Veteran 1962-66 SAC
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it. FAA #FA3RFLPAN7

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 06:42:19 PM »
    World shortage of silkspan ended  post by Dave Siegler 5th post from beginning  sold by Medical Supply Mi 16 left in stock 29.00 per case web site part #18-1004     This is the info off my box  IMCO 171004-IMC  Exam Table Paper Crepe  21x125ft  White  12 per case  lot#27296851. I ordered from Dave' post main picture that comes up there are other options on right side of page I did not use any of those.I received product apx two and one half days after ordering. The listing does have TIDI at top of header. Click on Dave' post that is what I did and made my order simple a that. I hope this helps.

Thanks John

Hi John;
     i checked into that source during my research, and I posted several times in that thread. I think the 18-1004 number is the same as the TIDI 981004 on their web site and listed as "everyday" grade. I think it's good paper, it's just a bit lighter than the 916213, which is listed as "choice" grade. The other part numbers for their crepe paper in each listing are just for different widths. They show a 24" width but haven't found anybody that stocks that. must not be any doctors with tables that wide! It would be fun and educational to get samples from all the other vendors I have seen listed, but this far down the line, I think it may all be the same stuff, just different names and numbers. It is good to have another source, just have to get creative on acquiring it.
   Thanks a lot,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 06:44:09 PM »
Thanks for the demo on the "Doctor Paper". It looks real good.

Will the Doctor Paper be available in the Hobby Shop?

Thanks,

Roger

Not yet but I will ask Tom
AMA 12366

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here