News:

• March 29, 2024, 01:36:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 9th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 10/1 & 2/2016  (Read 2224 times)

Offline John Cralley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
9th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 10/1 & 2/2016
« on: September 21, 2016, 09:37:14 AM »
I received a message from "Frank" saying that his club wanted to participate in this year's Fly-A-Thon and requesting information on how to do that!!

That made me realize that I have been remiss in getting out the latest info out for this year's Fly-A-Thon!!  mw~ mw~

We have a new Logo and have initiated a five lap minimum rule to help make the numbers more comparable! Otherwise everything else is the same except for a new reporting email 2016flyathon@ringmasterflyathon.com

I will attach the Logo and Rules Flyer PDF files to this message.

Put up a Bunch of flights!!!!
John Cralley
Scratch Built - Often Re-kitted!!!
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline Mark Mc

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
Re: 9th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 10/1 & 2/2016
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 03:12:23 PM »
Just finished my Brodak Electric Ringmaster ARF last night.  Hopefully I can get it maidened this Monday and be ready for the Fly-A-Thon.  Along with the Electric RM, I'll also fly a Baby RM and Beginner RM at Delta Park.  Hopefully I'll get in quite a few flights for the list.

Mark

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 11:07:48 AM »
Any one in the Las vegas area, come on out! You will not need to bring anything. Fuel will be supplied if you bring your own. Lines can be made on site, handles can be borrowed. Or you can fly ours. If you need a reason to come to Las Vegas, this is it!
The Las Vegas Circle Burners welcome all to participate in this event. It is very near and dear to our hearts and put a lot of effort into its continued success!

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 08:02:47 PM »
Great Mark,

I too have a Brodak Electric ARF to fly next weekend!!It flies OK but not as good as one of my purpose built Electric S-1 Ringmasters. LOL

John Cralley
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 08:44:54 PM »
That's funny I have that exact same craftsman vise on my bench and I have one of those craftsman red plastic drill cases too. Small world.

MM

Offline Mark Mc

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 09:37:02 PM »
Great Mark,

I too have a Brodak Electric ARF to fly next weekend!!It flies OK but not as good as one of my purpose built Electric S-1 Ringmasters. LOL

Yeah, I was a little disappointed to see it come out at 34 ounces all-up with the recommended Brodak power package.

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 10:41:33 PM »
For what it's worth with the electric Ringmasters you can set the timer for 45 to 60 seconds.  Just enough for 5+ laps.  That way you can get 4-5 flights per pack charge. When landed just restart and off you go.  With 4 packs you can get in 20 flights.  I have a 3KVA generator that I may use to recharge at the field.  Huntsville Alabama will be hosting a Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon So anyone in the area come join us!!  If you don't have a Ringmaster we will have plenty to go around.

If enough flyers show up we can even get two circles going.

#^   #^   #^   #^   #^   #^   #^   #^
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 08:14:42 AM by John Rist »
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2016, 01:54:05 PM »
Yep John, More are less my plan too except I'm doing 1 minute flights. I get 4 flights per battery and I have 8 good batteries!!!   #^ #^
John Cralley
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline Scott Richlen

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2016, 07:19:37 PM »
I sent the following note out to my club to make sure they'd be ready to go:

" Let's plan for flying this on Saturday.

So, climb up into your attic or down in your house's crawl space and dig out that old Ringmaster (that you put up or down there away from your other planes so as not to contaminate them) and hose the dirt and cob-webs off of it (do this in the backyard so you don't scare your  neighbors!)  If the engine won't turn over try this: 1) if it is a Fox, get out a Ford Wrench and just smash on it a few times, that usually loosens them up, 2) if it is a McCoy, hope that it hasn't exceeded its 15 run life-time and squirt some used 30 weight oil in the venturi.  Clamp it as hard as you can in your bench vice and use a pipe wrench to turn it over until it frees up, 3) if it is a VECO or a K&B, soak it overnight in your toilet tank with maybe a shot of scrubbing bubbles on it first, or maybe that blue stuff, 4) if it is an Enya, you are over-qualified for this event and cannot fly in it, 5) if it is an OK Cub, please see Father McKayhee and ask for an exorcism, 6) if it is a diesel - please don't show up at our field as we just don't like your kind, and finally 7) if it is electric - "dog-gone it Murphy, I told you that electrics ruin the spirit of this event.  It is no fair to show up with something that's likely to run!"

And yes, I have been pounding on the Fox in my Superringmaster (I don't have a Ford Wrench but do have a big wooden mallet and that seems to help) to get it ready for saber-dancing on Saturday."

Offline JoeJust

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2016, 07:37:02 PM »
FOR ANY LURKER'S IN E. WA OR E. OREGON OR.  We here in Waitsburg, WA are ready to welcome any of you that might like to show up Saturday or Sunday. We will have Several Ringmasters you can try.  Or just come and enjoy watching.  PM me for more info.
Joe
I only enter contests so somebody else is not always in last place

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here