News:

• April 24, 2024, 05:16:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2017 FAI F2B Team Trials  (Read 1728 times)

Offline frank williams

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
2017 FAI F2B Team Trials
« on: January 26, 2017, 02:17:08 PM »
I have submitted a bid to host the 2017 trials in Houston over the Columbus Day weekend on October 7th and 8th, 2017.  The 2015 F2B team selection was held in 2015 at this site. 

The fact that I have submitted a bid does not mean that it is a fact yet.  It is “a bid” to host the trials.  The process is that members of the F2B team selection committee vote on a site from the bids received.  I am very much in favor of the Trials being moved around the country from year to year.

Although I am prepared to host the contest again in 2017, and our local team would look forward to doing so, others may want to submit a bid for other flying sites or dates.  Feel free to do so.   In my opinion, the exposure of the sport to other areas would be good, i.e. California, Florida, New Jersey, Arizona, or anywhere.

In the last year someone from California questions about having the trials there … I responded with info on the bid process.  Send a bid (date, place, facilities available, nearby accommodations, support available) to Colleen Pierce at AMA,  cpierce@modelaircraft.org .   This should be done as soon as possible.

Online Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: 2017 FAI F2B Team Trials
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 02:50:42 PM »
The last F2B team trials was splendid.  Good stunt, good food, good times.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 03:37:16 PM »
Thanks Frank!  Indeed it was great......think I'll bring ear plugs for the crackens.

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 07:23:56 PM »
Hi Frank  & ALL    I am starting  to get this going,  Colleen  will not be  back in until  the last of January or First of February,  There will be literature mailed out very soon  to the past participants and the  member of the Team Selection Committee for each district.  Anyone interested  can contact their  FAI  F2B Representative  for their district,  or  me

Regards
Randy Smith
Chairman  AMA  FAI Team selection Committee

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 02:34:51 PM »
The Spec letter for the  Team Trials  site bid  has  been drafted and just sent out, The bids  will all be considered  and closed on March 31  2017.  Detail  will be announced  then

Regards

Randy Smith
AMA F2B TEAM SELECTION COMMITTEE  CHAIRMAN
DIST. 5 REP.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here