News:

• May 01, 2024, 03:18:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2016 John Gunn Open Invit C/L Stunt Championship-April 30-May 1, 2016  (Read 894 times)

Offline Joseph Patterson

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • AMA member- Supporter
    We have the contest results along with plane model/Eng. info. in the contest report section. Flying conditions were pretty iffy for Sat. events. The were winds from 18-43 mph until late morning. It had stormed throughout Fri until Sat. mid-morning. We started competition about 11:15 AM.- winds down to about 8-15 mph blowing steady. The fliers handled these conditions real well. Only a few puckered A..... We had all the usual suspects competing, but one stranger was in the mix. A fellow by the name of Paul Winter- the world renowned Brit. We really enjoyed his company- he is one funny, friendly, and enthusiastic  guy. His equipment is also first rate! Sunday weather was better.
     I want to publicly thank the ladies(Shelia Cranfill, Kathleen Patterson, Colleen Gilbert, Stella Hill, Peggy Makepeace, Irene Rose, Maggie Blanchard, and Nan) who really made things happen with registering, setting up score sheets, running scores, and setting flight orders for both days- They were so organized. What would have taken me or Jason Cunningham 2+ hours to do they did in 30 min. Jason C and I, were just along for the ride! Mike and Peggy Makepeace opened their shop and great home during both days of bad weather and fed all of us with really great food. Dang Faith, Nan, Colleen Gilbert,Stella Hill,Shannon Greer, and Dominice made  great dishes too. The Makepeaces  really do have the gift of hospitality!! What great people they are! We also want to acknowledge and thank the MASA RC club who hosted the contest- Their president whose name escapes me ran scores both days and also was interested in learning about C/L judging. He is an IMAC judge (RC), and recently has been C/L flying. A number of the MASA GUYS  are control line fliers now. One in particular, Courtney Tanner, has really got talent! Another newcomer who is progressing really fast is "bayou boy" John Blanchard. Both these guys are soaking up everything people like Joe Gilbert, Paul Winter, Don Cranfill, Joe Bowman, Frank Williams, Dale Gleason,and others give them.Oh by the way- Pilots Choice Profile went to Joe Bowman's beautiful Curtiss Helldiver/D. Hutchinson dsgn./DS60. PA Pilots Choice was John Hill's "TEXAN"/RO-JETT 67. Both these guys are outstanding builders and finishers.    
       Doug  
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 02:46:20 PM by Joseph Patterson »

Offline Jason Greer

• Captain
Thanks for all that you do as well, Doug!  We really appreciate you and Mrs.Kathleen coming up and taking care of us!

Thanks,
Jason
El Dorado, AR
AMA 518858

Offline Joseph Patterson

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA member- Supporter
    Thanks Ty, and sorry about the tanks. Glad you are fixed up now! We just had to have a roofing job and it wasn't cheap. We had a good time, but we always miss you and your great humor. Hope you can make it to our contest in Zachary, LA. We will be flying off manicured grass. Bring planes that can handle grass, but we will have it in great shape. We have a block of room at Best Western in Zachary for I think $85.00. They are being held on the group code "Baton Rouge Bi-Liners". We recommend calling the hotel itself for reservations and be sure to mention The name Baton Rouge Bi-Liner.
    Doug

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here