News:

• March 29, 2024, 09:15:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Stilletto kits  (Read 4718 times)

Offline Chris Belcher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Stilletto kits
« on: August 14, 2014, 10:41:44 AM »
All I ever wanted was a stilletto ;D...are there any kits out there available? Had a Umland or something like that kit back in the day I sold at a garage sale...kicking my butt ever since. Looking for 46 size...

Offline Chris Belcher

• Commander
Re: Stilletto kits
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 11:01:52 AM »
Is he on the forum? Have an address or phone#?

Offline David_Stack

• 2016 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 11:08:39 AM »
Good Afternoon Chris;

Walter is down in the 'Vendor's Corner' section, with his company, Built Right Fly Right. (builtrightflyright.com)

r/
Dave

Offline Chris Belcher

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 11:56:08 AM »
Awesome...thanks!

Offline tom brightbill

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 08:41:09 PM »
I talked to Walter a couple of days ago about the Stiletto. He has the plans on file, so I would assume that he can still produce the kit. 
AMA 34849

Offline Chris Belcher

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 11:29:26 AM »
As this seems to be one of everybody's favorites I bet they would sell like hot cakes. There's just something aobut the look of a Stilletto that lights my fire. Like I said i had one of the kits back in the 80s I think and never got to build it. Sold it for $10 at a garage sale...ughhh! i've got a nice flat glass top table ready for building...me and it are itching to do this classic build...and fly...

Offline Chris Belcher

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 03:00:41 PM »
That's funny cuz I remember opening the box and thinking the wood was VERY dark brown and seemed really heavy. So maybe it wasn't an Umland kit but the other??...sterling or something...well anyway that makes me feel better.

Offline Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 11:07:45 AM »
While not a "kit" for a Stiletto, I have a brand new, fully-built Stiletto wing that I assembled in my Lost-Foam system. It has the gear plate system and the form-fitting cover plates installed, cap strips, cut and fitted center section sheeting, TE shear webs and shear webs at the main spar. It's ready for the control system and the tips. It is finish sanded and is extremely accurate and light.

A customer had ordered this wing and then had some personal issues come up. He told me to go ahead and sell the wing if I found anyone who wanted a Stiletto 660. Give me a call if you are interested. Email me via this forum for my number.

Later - Bob Hunt 

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here