News:

• March 28, 2024, 04:44:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hurray for N-30!!  (Read 5091 times)

Offline Clint Ormosen

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Hurray for N-30!!
« on: August 11, 2009, 11:48:58 PM »
I guess I've been living in a cloud for the last couple of months (actually, the air conditioning season keeps me away from the computer and airplanes) but I've just learned about this great new class of stunt. I will definitely be building a new plane just for N-30. Although my Sig Mustang is legal, one of my favorite planes is the Sig Akrobat. I was always bummed that it wasn't a Classic legal design and yet a little outdated to compete with modern designs. However, N-30 is the PERFECT excuse to build another Akrobat. Going to do it like the box art too. WOO HOO!
-Clint-

AMA 559593
Finding new and innovated ways to screw up the pattern since 1993

Offline Matt Colan

• N-756355
  • AMA Member
  • Admiral
Re: Hurray for N-30!!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 06:37:14 AM »
Grandpa is thinking of building his XP-40 for N-30, which I think he should.  He designed it back in 1970 so it just missed the cut for classic and has built a number of them in the 70s.  I want to build his minnnow, which is his own design, with a nobler wing, and chipmunk moments, cheek cowls, bubble canopy, I like that plane a lot.

Matt Colan

Offline Matt Colan

• N-756355
  • AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 09:58:20 AM »
Matt,

I admire your enthusiam and ambition. Sounds like you and Gramps (Don) have a lot of work ahead of you.

The Classic events, N-30 included, do not require super documantation, just reasonable proof like a photo. So go for it!

he's got plenty of pictures from back then, and the original plans, so we don't need much for documentation.  Maybe next winter, I'll build his Minnow since this winter, I now have 3 projects (Oriental Plus, Cobra, and P-40), but I am not complaining at all, I'm glad I have those 3 projects, otherwise I'd be playing a lot of video games over the winter.

Matt Colan

Offline Matt Colan

• N-756355
  • AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 04:06:35 PM »
Hey Matt,

I don't want to bring up a bad subject, but school books and then airplanes are more important than the video games.

I guess I am thinking like an old fart though.

Oh, the "Minnow" sounds great.

Oh I know that Tom.  I don't play very many video games anyway.  maybe a couple of hours a month, which is like a blink of an eye compared to what some of my friends play (almost 24/7).  I'd rather be flying.  I have a T-shirt that says on the back:

Wanted: More Time to Fly  Shirt courtesy of the AMA.  I could use a new one since it is kind of small on me now.

Matt Colan

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 02:59:05 PM »
I'm thinking a Bill Simons Warhawk.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Mike Keville

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 09:14:11 PM »
Nah.  His "Miss Kell" is more in tune with the Nostalgia thing.
FORMER member, "Academy of Multi-rotors & ARFs".

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here