News:

• March 28, 2024, 03:02:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Alan Seacats Miss Laura  (Read 4141 times)

Offline Airacobra

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Alan Seacats Miss Laura
« on: October 20, 2009, 01:36:58 PM »
Does anybody have the capability of scanning and posting the article on here for me. As some who have attended our contests in Columbus, Ohio I have three large notebooks of copied stunt articles that can take up most of an afternoon of looking through. I am in need of the article on the Miss Lauara and a host of others, but we will start with this one first. Hope somebody can help.
Keith Bryant

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
Re: Alan Seacats Miss Laura
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 09:55:46 PM »
I have the magazine and plans for this. Always thought it was cool.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 06:52:08 AM »
Hi all:

Alan Seacat was working for me nights at CSC in the 1970s while he was attending Musical Instrument Repair School in Union, New Jersey during the day. We did a lot of building and flying together in those days and Alan was starting to move up quickly in the contest rankings, but his plane was holding him back. He wanted to design and build something new and competitive.

I had this book of sketches that I made of possible new stunt designs. One of them was of a semi-scale Goodyear racer. It was a sort of adaptation of a Cassutt Racer design. Alan liked it and asked if he could use it. We set to work on plans for it immediately. We designed it around a Genesis .40 wing and tail set that I had already built and donated to the cause. The result of this was the Miss Laura (Named for his soon-to-be wife at that time. I was honored to have been asked to be the Best Man at his wedding!)

With the Miss Laura Alan graduated to the top echelon of stunt flying on the East Coast and won a few Expert meets in the process. When I went to work at Flying Models I was searcing for CL Stunt designs to publish. We decided to publish the Miss Laura. Shortly after that he got married, got a job, started a family and quit flying! The last I heard he and his wife were into boating and water skiing. Alan was a great guy and a wonderful, hard working employee. I sure hope he comes back to flying someday...

Bob Hunt     

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 02:17:25 PM »
"I'm only in Stunt flying for the women and the money...""

And how's that going for you? Oh wait, what am I saying, for you it's going well.   ;D
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 02:56:52 PM »

And how's that going for you? Oh wait, what am I saying, for you it's going well.   ;D

mw~Yeah  but da  wife  better not find out , they get upset if they think your holding back money from them!  LL~

R

Offline dennis lipsett

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 05:18:13 AM »

And how's that going for you? Oh wait, what am I saying, for you it's going well.   ;D

Hummm. Believe I said this to Bob awhile back. one of the few sports that has a world championship with no monetery prizes,ergo no money, no women. Gotta get a fast car or motorcycle, and win something Airplanes especially models don't count.
Dennis

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 09:18:17 AM »
I would be happy with getting flag girls like Formula one has at the starting grid, have them stand at the plane in the pits to mark your position in flying order,, yeah thats it, dont even worry about the money,,  H^^
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here