News:

• March 28, 2024, 11:37:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Where are we? And what the heck are "TAGS"?  (Read 44253 times)

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Where are we? And what the heck are "TAGS"?
« on: March 18, 2008, 09:10:32 PM »
Is there someway we can add something to our profile to indicate where we are, without triggering the dreaded weather demon seed software into action? It's really dumb that we can't figure out where somebody is! We might have a newbie a few miles away, that lives on a farm and has a paved circle, for cripes sake!

I thought "tagging" was done with a spraycan in the wee hours of the morning...what the heck are "Tags"? What do they do for us, and why do we want them?  n~ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
Re: Where are we? And what the heck are "TAGS"?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 09:19:08 PM »
Steve,
it was suggestyed some time ago when the great evil weather demon conspiracy was initiated , that people put there location in their "signature" block that pastes on the end of every post you make. seems to be a good idea, so your signature would be for example

Mark "the Beav" Scarborough
Pullman Wa

by that everyone knows where you are

tags, well those are search keys that make the thread easier to search, for example, if its on say LA 46, then a tag for engines would be appropriate
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 10:15:53 PM »
Steve,
it was suggestyed some time ago when the great evil weather demon conspiracy was initiated , that people put there location in their "signature" block that pastes on the end of every post you make. seems to be a good idea, so your signature would be for example

Mark "the Beav" Scarborough
Pullman Wa

by that everyone knows where you are

tags, well those are search keys that make the thread easier to search, for example, if its on say LA 46, then a tag for engines would be appropriate

Ok, BUT is that location under your sign added into your profile, and it happens automatically, like over at SSW? Or do you type that in everytime you post?  I'd vote for automatic, yet a lot of folks can't be bothered. I think it's important to know that folks are in whatever various countries, etc. 

As for tags, I guess we add tags before we complete a post? Or is that automatic? Seems to me like that's what a search engine is for.    010!  Steve

"But I could be wrong" (Tim Wilson)
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 08:49:39 AM »
Hi Steve,

Whatever you put in your *Signature* is automatically in your posts every time.

And, if you change your signature, it will be changed in every post on the board that you have made.

Modify Profile
Account Related Settings
Forum Profile Information  <this is the *page* to go to for adding a signature.
Look and Layout Preferences
Notifications and Email
Personal Message Options
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 12:25:48 AM »
Thanks, Bill. I got the signature all fixed up; pretty much copied yours, 'cept for the name, # and city/state! More info about Tags would be interesting, maybe!  n~ Steve

Offline NED-088

• Commander
    • Heartstrings
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 11:31:47 AM »
A tag is what you play while the vocalist gets ready for the next line.
'If you think there's something about my English, you're right. I'm Dutch... '
But I DO play Stunt and I DO fly Bluegrass.

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 07:27:45 PM »
And, if you change your signature, it will be changed in every post on the board that you have made.

That is very empowering, and I have enjoyed abusing it.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 04:35:20 PM »
X2 x y2

Just messin' wit' yas. I have noticed that some websites allow posting "tags" when you start a topic, which helps the "Search" function find whatever the topic is. I'm thinkin' that if you don't put any "tag" words, then the search may not work, but I'm not real sure of that. Unfortunately, since "Preview" only results in "Fetching preview" and no actual preview, I'm going to post this so that I can actually see what happens. Experimenting with HTML interests me for some reason.  D>K Steve

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 01:51:01 AM »
Who's it.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here