News:

• March 18, 2024, 11:33:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Why don't you market a TOTAL SYSTEM,,,,  (Read 5285 times)

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Why don't you market a TOTAL SYSTEM,,,,
« on: July 20, 2007, 05:07:53 AM »
I am proud to say that I've been RC-free all my life and I intend to stay clean.

As a true RC-virgin I don't know (nor want to know) anything about the paraphanlia you mention (items like servos, batteries, controllers, meth, etc). 

Perhaps your business could better-serve Pure Control Liners by offering TOTAL SYSTEMS, at prices that reflect your cost plus any profit you wish it earn.

The "experts" a what remains of the LHS network don't know much beyond how to sell a rookie the most expensive ARF he will buy.
Paul Smith

Offline Clancy Arnold

• Admiral
  • I am 5 Ft. 8 In., the Taube is 7 Ft. 4 In.
Re: Why don't you market a TOTAL SYSTEM,,,,
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 08:25:04 AM »
Paul
I have considered doing as you propose, but Think my way is better.  There are two aspects to any design and build.  Technical and Artistic.

I have seen companies try to sell "Complete Systems" but they soon disappear from the scene. 

I prefer to supply the "Technical" part and let the modeler provide the "Artistic" part.  This saves the modeler money and lets him build it to his personal preference.

Some modelers like to have the controls in a box on their belt.   Others prefer to have the controls in a box mounted above, below, beside or built into a custom handle.  Which way should I make them?

Thanks for the inquiry about U/Tronics.

Clancy
Clancy Arnold
Indianapolis, IN   AMA 12560 LM-S
U/Tronics Control
U/Control with electronics added.

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 10:09:04 AM »
OK I see your point, whoever,

I design and build all of my own models (including the fuel tanks) , and also make up my own control lines from bulk materials.

The postings on this (and other) web site prove the a lot of "modelers" do NONE of these things.

However, I have drawn the line at machining engines, spray painting, and electronics.

To me (and I think some others) to task of rounding up the components of a working system is an impossible barrier.

Even if an "off the shelf" system took some work to fit into the plane, it would be a better starting point.
Paul Smith

Offline Clancy Arnold

• Admiral
  • I am 5 Ft. 8 In., the Taube is 7 Ft. 4 In.
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 09:17:33 AM »
To Paul and any other modelers who would prefer to buy a "Complete System".

Steve Couch a fellow member of our local CL Club has offered to custom build Complete U/Tronics Control Systems for any one wanting them.

Steve's workmanship has to be seen to be believed. 

Anyone wanting to order a "Custom Built Complete U/Tronics Control System", send me an Email and I will forward it to Steve.   From there on it is between you and Steve.  Steve has two scale models flying that use my U/Tronics Control systems.

Clancy
Clancy Arnold
Indianapolis, IN   AMA 12560 LM-S
U/Tronics Control
U/Control with electronics added.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here