News:

• April 26, 2024, 02:24:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Converting Evolution 46 to C.L  (Read 1113 times)

Offline russellwoffenden

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Converting Evolution 46 to C.L
« on: October 08, 2015, 12:44:12 PM »
  I have ordered and received the parts for the Evo. 36.cl; had to shave the "keepers" down about .015 to clamp ventury . However the needle setting has a very,very narrow window,1-2 clicks!  does anyone know of a source to find NVA's for different sized engines, I am flying a Sig skyray35 with a R.C 25 with the carb. wired open, does a fair job for an old timer returning after many many years of not flying.I am very happy I found this site.

thanks to all.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Converting Evolution 46 to C.L
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 12:23:06 AM »
Welcome to the forum! You'll find a lot of information here; some disagreements, but nothing new about that. This isn't always an exact science. Sometimes, but not always! 

If you add your approximate location to your profile, there may be somebody close by who can provide help...or you may only find yourself a new flying buddy, group, or club. Doesn't hurt a thing, anyway.

It's unclear to me whether you have an Evo .46 or .36, or trying to use .36 parts on a .46? I don't know nuthin' about Evos except that I don't believe the .46 was made as a CL version, but that it was the basis for the discontinued .60 CL, and that the R/C .61 is an entirely different engine.  H^^ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline YakNine

• AMA Member
  • Commander
Re: Converting Evolution 46 to C.L
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 07:13:49 PM »
Hi Russel , I picked up a used .46 Evo engine to tinker around with this winter. I am very happy with my .36 want see what I can get out of the bigger one since the La seems to be gone. T.J.
AMA 85135                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    GSCB

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here