News:

• March 28, 2024, 05:12:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sig Twister wing kit  (Read 1783 times)

Offline Bill Little

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Sig Twister wing kit
« on: October 06, 2015, 04:45:25 PM »
Does Sig still offer the wing kit for the Twister.  I could not find it on their web site....???  I know that cutting ribs for the Twister is a simple procedure, but I would really like to get the wing kit.
Thanks!
Bill
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
Re: Sig Twister wing kit
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 05:16:26 PM »
I'm pretty sure they do but you have to call them. I got a banshee wing kit that was not listed also. They said the planes are still in production, so they will have parts.

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 05:31:19 PM »
Thanks for the info, Dane!  A call it is ;D
Bill
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Ara Dedekian

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
  • Ara Dedekian
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 07:55:02 PM »

Bill

I ordered the wing kit listed in Steve's reply. All balsa and lite ply are provided but no hardware or instructions.

Ara

Offline Ward Van Duzer

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 08:47:42 AM »
Bill,

Don't know what you're intending to do with the Twister wing, But personally I feel the Chipmonk wing is a better wing to work with. This was used by MANY folks during the 50's and 60's for those Nobler look-alikes! If you recall my last disaster at the Criterium, My profile piped force was built around the Chip wing. Per instructions (and plans) from Unca Mikey. Was still available a couple of months ago...

Ward

I hate spelling errors, you mess up 2 letters and you are urined!

Don't hesitate to ask dumb questions.
They are easier to handle than dumb mistakes!  Ward-O AMA 6022

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 01:42:18 PM »
Don't know what you're intending to do with the Twister wing, But personally I feel the Chipmonk wing is a better wing to work with.

The Twister wing is a better wing to crash with, at least if you want to repair afterwards.

Just sayin', because I don't know what Bill's cooking up.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2015, 08:42:25 PM »
Hi All,

I have never built a Fancherized Twister.  As I am basically starting all over after my cancer, I want a simple to build, easy to repair profile to get back in to it.  What I don't know yet is if I will use a .46LA on it. ;D

The planes I had under construction are not suitable for what I want right now.  I have several "Hi-Zoot" stunters near completion but I do not want to begin back with models that I have put a LOT of work into.  I need something I can dink this weekend and have flying again the next.  Don't PLAN on crashing but I feel pretty sure it will happen until I get my "sea legs" back! LOL!!
Bill
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2015, 08:49:14 PM »
I have never built a Fancherized Twister.  As I am basically starting all over after my cancer, I want a simple to build, easy to repair profile to get back in to it.  What I don't know yet is if I will use a .46LA on it. ;D

Bill, that sounds like a good plan.  I can't vouch for the difference between a regular ol' Twister and a Fancherized one, but my Fancherized Twister has taken me all the way from the middle of Intermediate to the bottom of Expert, so it can't be that bad of a plane.  Mine's heavy at 53 ounces, and flies quite well with a 46LA -- you could do worse in your choice of engine.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2015, 05:34:02 AM »
Bill, that sounds like a good plan.  I can't vouch for the difference between a regular ol' Twister and a Fancherized one, but my Fancherized Twister has taken me all the way from the middle of Intermediate to the bottom of Expert, so it can't be that bad of a plane.  Mine's heavy at 53 ounces, and flies quite well with a 46LA -- you could do worse in your choice of engine.

Thanks, Tim.  I have about any engine you could think of but I like the idea of the .46LA.  So simple to run and plenty of power to get the job done on that size airframe.  I feel pretty confident I can bring it in well under 53 ounces. ;D  The idea of re-learning with full blown stunt ships just isn't appealing right now, I don't need anything to give me a fear of the ground now.  I don't fly much over pavement so when i do plant it, it should be quickly repairable.  Will let everyone know when it gets started!  And when I have my first flights.........
Bill
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here