News:

• April 24, 2024, 04:04:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AMA Dues and Dave Mathewson  (Read 8789 times)

Offline Brett Buck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: AMA Dues and Dave Mathewson
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2015, 04:52:58 PM »
That is why I said earlier they should be encouraged to sell MORE ads for MORE income and rely less on dues to cover the costs of the insurance.... 

I agree that the way it is now set up, that's the case. I don't think it should be that way because I think the need for more money is driven by what I would consider out-of-scope activities like building and maintaining luxurious HQ buildings for a group of something like 12-15 full-time employees and sending people to every single industry trade show.

Brett

Offline Target

• C/L Addict
  • 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2015, 09:40:47 PM »
I'd like to see more usa team expenses covered getting to the wc's.
They don't chip on squat for sailplane teams.
R,
Chris
Regards,
Chris
AMA 5956

Offline Chuck Feldman

• Captain
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2015, 06:35:05 AM »
It will get worse as time goes by. I don't join anymore because they send out that discusting magazine
Chuck Feldman
AMA 15850

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2015, 07:35:46 AM »
Several years ago I learned that AMA had dealt with over 50 incidences of people flying CL models into power lines.  This info is about 15 years old - the numbers have probably gotten worse. Bottom line - do not assume that CL activity is "low cost" from an insurance standpoint.

I agree with Trib on this - AMA dues are just part of the fare for doing what we do.  When I talk to newbies I like to mention the membership and insurance angle - I think it is a plus.

While many of us have a hate-hate relationship regarding the drones I think we are missing an opportunity to capitalize on the attention they are getting.  Drones are in the news, giving us an opportunity for us to bring up a "me too - except..." dialog.  When talking to Park Boards we can build on the exceptions: we can expound on the fact that we are part of a National organized Not for Profit group, recognized by the FAA, self-insured, and with clearly defined safety codes for operation.

Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Target

• C/L Addict
  • 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2015, 09:02:03 AM »
I hope you're right Dennis, and appreciate your positive outlook, even if I may not share it.
Regards,
Chris
Regards,
Chris
AMA 5956

John Gluth

« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2015, 09:50:47 AM »
Thank you for the HELPFUL perspective Dennis.

It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness.
Eleanor Roosevelt

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here