News:

• April 26, 2024, 05:18:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: os la 25  (Read 474 times)

Offline Bootlegger

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
os la 25
« on: October 06, 2015, 12:54:22 PM »

Last year while flying one of these engines a piece of the ,dare I say it, Panty Hose, over the venture got sucked into the engine, between the crank shaft and case, and slowed the engine down, I don't remember if it stopped or not.
 When I got home I pulled the hose out of the engine and tore it down to check if there was any left, none was there so I re assembled it, and tried to start it I had to use the "electric finger" several times as it would not hand start.
 I tore it down again, checked for other problems, and tried to start it again, no such luck, it would not hand start!!
 I got to looking further and looked at the spacer behind the prop washer, t looked as if it were slightly bent, so I changed it, put the engine on the test stand and on the second hand flip it started, let it run for about 5 minuets and shut it down, after it cooled off I re started it and again it started on the second flip.
  Has anyone else encountered a similar problem??
8th Air Force Veteran
Gil Causey
AMA# 6964

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: os la 25
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 01:12:09 PM »
I had a piece of pantyhose stock sucked into the venturi of my Randy Smith AAC OS .46VF. I thought I would have to pull it apart, but managed to pull it out on the field without any disassembly. I felt lucky about that. The mesh had been on the engine for quite awhile, so I'm going to suggest that changing it out once or twice a year would be a good bit of PM.  H^^ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here