News:

• March 28, 2024, 11:13:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Stalker Engines  (Read 1684 times)

Offline Jim Catevenis

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Stalker Engines
« on: October 06, 2015, 06:41:11 AM »
     For those of you that are interested, Tom Dixon has received a shipment of Stalker engines and is expecting another shipment in about 10 days.  Tom will order any specific Stalker engine if he does not have the model you want.  In addition, he can get also Discovery Retro engines, but only on a special order basis.

For your convenience, Tom will now accept Visa/Mastercard as a means of payment but with a $50.00 minimum on credit card sales.  For more information, call or write Tom.

Tom Dixon
Controline Sales LLC
P.O. Box 671166
Marietta, Ga. 30066
770-592-3279
JCAT

Offline PerttiMe

• Admiral
Re: Stalker Engines
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 07:01:42 AM »
His website is still there too, with some pricing.
(not the nicest website out there but has information and products)
I built a Blue Pants as a kid. Wish I still had it. Might even learn to fly it.

Offline Joseph Patterson

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA member- Supporter
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 09:11:45 AM »
   Tom will be bringing the Stalker engines to the Baton Rouge contest- (Oct. 16-18th), if he hasn't sold them before time. He has about (10) of different sizes. He also says that he was told by the manufacturer that the Discovery-Retros are available and introducing a D-R 68. 
          Doug

Offline PerttiMe

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 10:21:38 AM »
Discovery-Retros are available and introducing a D-R 68. 

What is the difference? Techno-Hobby in Ukraine now seems to list a Discovery Retro 69 .
I built a Blue Pants as a kid. Wish I still had it. Might even learn to fly it.

Offline Joseph Patterson

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA member- Supporter
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 06:34:45 AM »
        If you'er questioning about D-R 68 vs D-R 69-I don't know. I was told it was a "68", if the website identifies it as D-R 69, THEN GO W/THE "69". I have not seen the site you mentioned and probably won't. "Persnickety" Uh!
        Doug
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 06:53:52 AM by Joseph Patterson »

Offline Chris Belcher

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 10:14:28 AM »
I bought a stalker 46 SE from Tom...got exactly what I remembered about a stalker...first flip start, sweet 4-2 break, not the most powerful 46 but plenty of power still there, it says NOT to use castor in these motors but i cannot bring myself to do that so whipped up some 5% N 20% oil(80 klotz/20 castor) fuel and broke it in carefully. Three flips prime, 5 flips to atomize and voila, first flip start every time. I do 3 minute runs at a fast four nibbling into a two and kill it and let it completely cool...then another three minutes. Takes a while but this is how i didi my last stalker and it lasted...well... a long long time. I sild it and someone smote the earth with it. Good motors IMO.

Offline Randy Ryan

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 08:55:27 AM »
I bought a stalker 46 SE from Tom...got exactly what I remembered about a stalker...first flip start, sweet 4-2 break, not the most powerful 46 but plenty of power still there, it says NOT to use castor in these motors but i cannot bring myself to do that so whipped up some 5% N 20% oil(80 klotz/20 castor) fuel and broke it in carefully. Three flips prime, 5 flips to atomize and voila, first flip start every time. I do 3 minute runs at a fast four nibbling into a two and kill it and let it completely cool...then another three minutes. Takes a while but this is how i didi my last stalker and it lasted...well... a long long time. I sild it and someone smote the earth with it. Good motors IMO.

I found that with my .51 RE and .60 RE a touch of castor made them run cooler. The goop up after a while but run much better. Antifreeze and a crockpot do well for a post season treatment.
Randy Ryan <><
AMA 8500
SAM 36 BO all my own M's

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here