News:

• April 24, 2024, 05:24:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Samuel's Next Two  (Read 697 times)

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Samuel's Next Two
« on: October 03, 2015, 12:27:12 PM »
After finishing Samuels Jr. Ringmaster I was ready to put something on the board for myself when fate intervened and I met an old timer retiring from flying.  He was about 40 miles away so I drove over this morning and checked out his stuff. I ended up with a few kits, tanks, spinners and such. Also These two planes. Jr. Ringmaster and a Jr. Flite Streak.  They will be stripped, recovered and painted. Should be fun for Sam.
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Samuel's Next Two
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 05:39:25 PM »
   The Ringmaster looks like it may have never been flown. Hard to tell under all the dust. Maybe just a good, careful cleaning and structure checkout and it may be good to go. The Streak will take some work but looks very doable. I have flown several models like that in recent years, mostly Craig's List rescues! Better to recycle them and use 'em up! Hope Sam has a lot of fun with them.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline MarcusCordeiro

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • "Never fly faster than your shoulder angel"
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 04:51:38 PM »
That looks like so much fun... Great Mike!!!

Marcus
Live to fly, fly to live
Aces High!

"There's no try. Do or Do not." - Master Yoda

"Wealth and fame, he's ignorant
Action is his reward, look out
Here comes Marcus, man..."

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 06:22:00 PM »
Probably built with Ambriod that's completely dried out by now. When I see planes like that I think more trouble than they're worth. To each his own, have fun.

MM

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 08:34:13 PM »
Probably built with Ambriod that's completely dried out by now. When I see planes like that I think more trouble than they're worth. To each his own, have fun.

MM
  They will be stripped completely and we will hit all the glue joints again. Covered with Fascal for a quick and dirty reboot. At this stage of Samuel's flying we will take all the beaters we can get. He'll learn something along the way. The price was right too. $20 for both with a McCoy .19 as well. I know they look bad but I'm thinking more about the time we get to spend together fixing them up. That is worth a lot to me. Regards, Mike
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 09:03:30 PM »
You just can't put a price tag on restoring old planes when you have someone like Sam to work with.   Keep us posted.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here