News:

• April 26, 2024, 11:42:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My latest(Update, flight test)  (Read 1896 times)

Dwayne

• Trade Count: (0)
My latest(Update, flight test)
« on: September 03, 2015, 01:39:43 PM »
I call this the  EZ-Stunt series as it uses a simple box fuse, non tapered Brodak Accentor wing, upright engine, the pushrod exits out the side of the fuse attaches to a nylon horn. I don't try to cover all the grain I apply 3 coats of dope, rattle can rustoleum, Ultrakote and trim sheets. LA 46 and weighs 44 oz. There's  no carving it looks good, it's light so it should fly well.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 07:22:32 AM by Dwayne Donnelly »

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: My latest
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 01:49:14 PM »
The plane looks great in the pictures.   Hope it flies as well as it looks also.   If you are just learning the ins and outs of the stunt pattern, that is the way to go.  Some of us spend to much time on finishing instead of building light and straight. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Dwayne

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 01:53:40 PM »
The plane looks great in the pictures.   Hope it flies as well as it looks also.   If you are just learning the ins and outs of the stunt pattern, that is the way to go.  Some of us spend to much time on finishing instead of building light and straight. H^^

Thanks John. That is exactly what this is designed for, I'm just now getting the pattern down but am a long way from being good at it, this is my next step up from a profile, simple, straight, stiff, light and looks good.  y1

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 03:03:01 PM »
Looks like a fun plane. Should be a blast to fly.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 03:28:54 PM »
LOL, I had the exact same idea! Tanager with a box fuselage/bubble canopy, I was going to call it the simplex and use electric power. Glad someone fleshed it out. The Tanager is a good flyer but the fuselage is flimsy, the Acentor has a log for a fuselage, this fixes all problems, should be great.

MM

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 05:06:21 PM »
That is a nice looking plane.  You had the right idea using a Brodak wing set.  I've used Brodak wing rib sets for several of my own design planes.  Saves a bunch of work!

Floyd
89 years, but still going (sort of)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Dwayne

Re: My latest(Update, flight test)
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 07:26:29 AM »
Thanks for the nice replies. It's been windy but I did get in a few flights, the LA 46 was flawless as always the plane flies very nice but even though it turns nice and tight both ways it requires much less handle input turn outside than inside, I'm hoping a simple handle adjustment will fix this, today doesn't look to bad fingers crossed.  y1

Offline Carl Cisneros

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2015, 07:41:05 AM »
Dwayne

Me Likey   ~> ~> H^^ H^^ H^^

you gave me a great idea for my step up from a P-Force.

Carl
Carl R Cisneros, Dist IV
Control Line RB

Dwayne

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2015, 03:52:17 PM »
Dwayne

Me Likey   ~> ~> H^^ H^^ H^^

you gave me a great idea for my step up from a P-Force.

Carl

Thanks Carl, that was my intention with this plane, the basic idea can be used with any wing, measure the nose and tail of your P.F. and build a box fuse using the wing and tail from your P.F.  y1

Dwayne

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2015, 04:00:02 PM »
Got in some good flying today, turned out all it needed was a little up elevator adjustment now it turns even both inside and outside. It flies straight and level upright and inverted like it's on rails, I'm very happy, just wish I'd built it years ago.  y1 #^ ~>

Offline Allen Eshleman

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2015, 09:52:58 AM »
Looks great!  I like planes with the engine upright.

What is your set-up on the LA-46?   What prop are you using?

Offline Richard Logston

• Commander
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2015, 11:28:57 AM »
Like they say KISS. (Keep it simple stupid) Love the functionality of the design. I also like the upright engine installation. Looks good, should give lot's of enjoyment in return. Richard

Dwayne

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2015, 12:00:23 PM »
Looks great!  I like planes with the engine upright.

What is your set-up on the LA-46?   What prop are you using?

Hi Allen, it's a Zinger 11X5, I gave it a good sanding making sure the leading and trailing edges are rounded. One extra head gasket and a ST needle from RSM, DuBro 4oz plastic tank set up  uniflow, launch around 9800 and It runs like a Swiss watch.

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2015, 01:38:21 PM »
Very nice Dwayne. I did that with a Banshee plan some years ago. I did make the wing thicker by adding top and bottom sheeting and cap strips. The fuse and tail feathers were my own design and it flew very well. You will notice the pushrod out the side of the fuse as per my R/C days. It has been flow with an OS 40 FP, an OS 35s, and a Fox 35. All worked well.
Jim Kraft

Dwayne

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2015, 01:46:54 PM »
Very nice Dwayne. I did that with a Banshee plan some years ago. I did make the wing thicker by adding top and bottom sheeting and cap strips. The fuse and tail feathers were my own design and it flew very well. You will notice the pushrod out the side of the fuse as per my R/C days. It has been flow with an OS 40 FP, an OS 35s, and a Fox 35. All worked well.

That's nice.  y1

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here