News:

• April 25, 2024, 09:51:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: to get Keville wild  (Read 2043 times)

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
to get Keville wild
« on: August 31, 2015, 03:08:47 PM »
One of our club members and his friends playing with drones and FPV....I think it's kinda nifty!
These drones go 67 mph.

http://www.seabreezeparachutes.com/fpvracing/view.html

Have fun!

Offline billbyles

• AMA Member
  • Captain
Re: to get Keville wild
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 03:31:50 PM »
One of our club members and his friends playing with drones and FPV....I think it's kinda nifty!
These drones go 67 mph.

http://www.seabreezeparachutes.com/fpvracing/view.html

Have fun!

Another worthless drive-by posting by Peabody.  He has nothing to say and keeps on saying it.
Bill Byles
AMA 20913
So. Cal.

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 04:47:44 PM »
 Robert asked us to not do this. Trying to start problems.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 05:37:34 AM by EddyR »
Locust NC 40 miles from the Huntersville field

Offline Tony Drago

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 05:13:53 PM »
YOU got to get a life... A big waste of time...

Offline Mike Keville

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 05:53:35 PM »
Just consider the source, guys.

Oh...that's right...you already did.

FORMER member, "Academy of Multi-rotors & ARFs".

Offline Warren Wagner

• 22 supporter
  • Commander
  • Bradenton, FL
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 04:18:50 PM »
Another worthless drive-by posting by Peabody.  He has nothing to say and keeps on saying it.

To all,

If one purposely says something mean to another person, well, that's simply .....mean.   And that
reflects poorly on the person being mean.

The old adage "....if you can't say something good about someone........" still applies today, perhaps
more so today than ever.

Rich Peabody is a member of the "Manatee County Radio Controller's" RC club here in Florida, and that
group has welcomed, into its fold, a group of about 15 controline enthusiasts, who enjoy an outstanding
facility, completely set up and maintained by the RC group.  Rich is an active member of that controline
group, and has made many contributions to the organization and operation of the controline portion of
the club.   Rich is a little outspoken, but he's fun to be around, and has quite a knowledge of what is
going on in the controline community.  He knows everyone from Bill Werwage to John Brodak, and
everybody in between.

Now, as to the fellow that is involved in racing the FPV quad-copters, his name is Troy Hawthrone, and
he is also a member of the Manatee County Radio Controllers club.  Troy is a superb modeler, and yes,
he is a true modeler.   He is a prolific designer and builder, and is one of the brightest guys I know.  He
builds mostly from scratch, and in this case that means designing and building every step in the process.
That includes CAD drawings, designing all of a given model, and that includes structure and sub-assemblies
such as retracts etc. as well as writing the software to operate his CNC machine.

One of Troy's latest design projects, is an RC ornithopter, which was a very complex
design project, but when it takes to the air looking and sounding like a real bird, everyone stops to watch.
It's a superb achievement.  If you would like to see it fly, check out Troy's YouTube video. If you are
interested, Troy has a whole series of YouTube videos on the design and construction of the ornithopter.
Check them out, if you really want to be amazed:

Troy has been involved in so many facets of RC modeling, it's no surprise that he is currently flying the FPV
quad-copters and racing them over closed courses. Soon, he'll be on to the next unusual challenge.

I have the utmost respect for Troy's skills, creativity, design ability, etc, and for his boundless energy.

A closing comment:   *If you want respect, you must also show respect*.   It's an easy thing to do.

Cheers.

Warren Wagner
Bradenton FL / Clay NY

Warren Wagner
AMA 1385

Offline billbyles

• AMA Member
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 07:23:25 PM »
To all,

If one purposely says something mean to another person, well, that's simply .....mean.   And that
reflects poorly on the person being mean.

<snip>

The old adage "....if you can't say something good about someone........" still applies today, perhaps
more so today than ever.

A closing comment:   *If you want respect, you must also show respect*.   It's an easy thing to do.

Cheers.

Warren Wagner
Bradenton FL / Clay NY

Spare us your lecture, Warren.

To quote Mike Keville:
"Just consider the source, guys.

Oh...that's right...you already did."
Bill Byles
AMA 20913
So. Cal.

Offline JoeJust

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 08:40:15 PM »
Warren, nice post.  If you receive CLW look for an adventure story concerning me and the Rochester,NY airport last month. I thought about getting ahold of you while there, but the time was way too short. maybe next year. (Brodak's?)
Joe
I only enter contests so somebody else is not always in last place

Offline Tony Drago

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2015, 10:43:50 PM »
[

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2015, 10:30:59 AM »
Warren that is an awesome video.   I've known Peabody from past NATS and the forum.  Like me he has his ups and downs when it comes to people.  Last seen at Brodaks 2014.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here