News:

• April 16, 2024, 01:51:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Just a question  (Read 1252 times)

Offline Bill Burton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Just a question
« on: August 27, 2015, 08:35:41 AM »
Seems like I remember Not to long ago some one or some company advertising a YAK9 kit on here that was a full body model.  Can anyone tell me who that was and where I could order it?

Thank you
BB

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Just a question
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 09:38:30 AM »
Mike Griffen did that but  I believe you will have to access SSW to contact him. No can do on here.
Bill Morell
It wasn't that you could and others couldn't, its that you did and others didn't.
Vietnam 72-73
  Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it.

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 12:52:43 PM »
Mike Griffen did that but  I believe you will have to access SSW to contact him. No can do on here.

Which would be a RSM kit
AMA 12366

Offline Jason Greer

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 01:01:13 PM »
Pat King also has a laser cut kit of the Yak 9. 
http://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php?topic=33476.0
El Dorado, AR
AMA 518858

Offline Bill Burton

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 02:54:21 PM »
Thank you Mr. Morell, I did get in contact with Mike and it is His kit.  RSM just cuts his kits.
I appreciate the help.

BB
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 04:03:00 PM by Bill Burton »

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 04:25:54 PM »
Thank you Mr. Morell, I did get in contact with Mike and it is His kit.  RSM just cuts his kits.
I appreciate the help.

BB

I have one of the kits that I plan to build.  My friend Leroy Black from the Phoenix area has been flying one for over a year built from one of Mike's kits and it' a great looking airplane and He's done very well with it in Classic.

Good airplane for an ST46 or Enya SS50.  It would probably work well with an ST51 also.  I think it could be flown with a strong LA46 also if kept under 55 oz...very doable in my opinion.

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 06:01:54 PM »
I have one of the kits that I plan to build.  My friend Leroy Black from the Phoenix area has been flying one for over a year built from one of Mike's kits and it' a great looking airplane and He's done very well with it in Classic.

Good airplane for an ST46 or Enya SS50.  It would probably work well with an ST51 also.  I think it could be flown with a strong LA46 also if kept under 55 oz...very doable in my opinion.

Randy Cuberly

I think that your going to have to live another 75 yrs Randy in order to build all the kits you plan to build!
Bill Morell
It wasn't that you could and others couldn't, its that you did and others didn't.
Vietnam 72-73

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 06:20:41 PM »
I think that your going to have to live another 75 yrs Randy in order to build all the kits you plan to build!

Well...That's exactly my plans Bill!!   LL~ LL~ LL~

What's wrong with being positive?  I have 8 "Built" right now...It's the finishing part that slows me down!   y1 y1 <=

Unfortunately life keeps getting in the way!

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 06:28:54 PM »
Well...That's exactly my plans Bill!!   LL~ LL~ LL~

What's wrong with being positive?  I have 8 "Built" right now...It's the finishing part that slows me down!   y1 y1 <=

Unfortunately life keeps getting in the way!

Randy Cuberly

Nothing wrong with those plans! If I manage to retire when planned I have a massive amount of kits to build too. Right now work gets in the way.
Bill Morell
Vietnam 72-73

Jim Roselle

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2015, 12:23:05 PM »
I have one of the kits that I plan to build.  My friend Leroy Black from the Phoenix area has been flying one for over a year built from one of Mike's kits and it' a great looking airplane and He's done very well with it in Classic.

Good airplane for an ST46 or Enya SS50.  It would probably work well with an ST51 also.  I think it could be flown with a strong LA46 also if kept under 55 oz...very doable in my opinion.

Randy Cuberly

I spoke with Leroy today he said it is a great flier and he has another one on the bench.

Jim

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here