News:

• April 19, 2024, 07:52:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Flying at Trible Airfield  (Read 577 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Flying at Trible Airfield
« on: August 26, 2015, 06:32:51 PM »
Dave Trible and his son-in-law have done a terrific job on the new circle.   Yes it is grass and rough in a few places, but we don't have to worry about some city jerk### telling else we can't use it.  Dave has been in contact with Shawnee Mission Parks on the use of it.   So I finally got off my duff, loaded planes and usual stuff.  Today was second day in a row for me.  Trying to get ready for the annual Classic and Profile meet in Topeka KS Sunday.   Both days temps in the 80's  and just enough breeze to get rid of turbulence.   Got two good flights on the Corehouse Gotcha Streak yesterday and a test flight on the Hobo.   Today was trying to get the Ringmaster Imperial ready.  Made a set of lines,  .015 X 65 eye-to-eye.   Started with my Fancher handle and narrow spacing did not work.   Took spacing out as far as I could but could not get enough down.  Last flight was with my Big Iron handle.   I think I need some tail weight next time out.   Amazing how out of it I was when I realized I hadn't flown for three months.   Probably looked like a drunk on that first flight yesterday, today was much better.   
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?
Tags:

Advertise Here