News:

• April 16, 2024, 11:18:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Baby Ringmaster Plans  (Read 2701 times)

Offline Joe Hamorski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Baby Ringmaster Plans
« on: August 25, 2015, 11:41:33 PM »
Greetings fellow fliers and builders,
I was wanting to build an 1/2A Baby Ringmaster in time for the Fly-A-Thon this year. I started looking for plans, found a set, but I'm struggling with getting the right size print to just build from. Any suggestions?  n~

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
Re: Baby Ringmaster Plans
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 06:36:54 AM »
Greetings fellow fliers and builders,
I was wanting to build an 1/2A Baby Ringmaster in time for the Fly-A-Thon this year. I started looking for plans, found a set, but I'm struggling with getting the right size print to just build from. Any suggestions?  n~

Joe, Download and take the pdf file below to an office supply store, a copy shop and some WalMarts and have them print it at 100% on one of their large scale printers.

Email Pat King at patdk@aol.com and he will email back a PDF file for a set of Baby Ringmaster plans.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 06:39:14 AM by John Cralley »
John Cralley
Scratch Built - Often Re-kitted!!!
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline 11290

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 01:08:11 PM »
Joe, Download and take the pdf file below to an office supply store, a copy shop and some WalMarts and have them print it at 100% on one of their large scale printers.

Curious, will they print it with the words in the title block that says it is copyrighted, without a release form?  Just wondering.
Evansville, IN & Orlando, FL

Offline Joe Hamorski

• New Pilot
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 01:59:09 PM »
Going to find out very soon...I just got a Flash Drive, saved it and will head out to try my luck...I will let you know with a follow up...

Offline Joe Hamorski

• New Pilot
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 02:04:23 PM »
No issues D>K Went to FedExOffice with my Flash Drive and  a copy printed from my computer at 29%, as my backup plan. All is well and will purchase my balsa in the morning...Thank you John for sending me the link...It is going to be a surprise for my daughters for the Fly-A-Thon.
Joe in Orlando

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 02:48:26 PM »
Curious, will they print it with the words in the title block that says it is copyrighted, without a release form?  Just wondering.

Pat King the copyright owner has granted permission to use the plans for non-commercial use! If you encounter static from a company, email Pat (patdk@aol.com) and he will give you a permission reply. I had to call his cell phone once and hand the phone over to the vendor but I will not share his cell number without his permission.

You might print this message out and take it with you as proof that it is OK to print the plans.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 05:59:16 AM by John Cralley »
John Cralley
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline 11290

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 02:52:22 PM »
No issues D>K Went to FedExOffice with my Flash Drive and  a copy printed from my computer at 29%, as my backup plan. All is well and will purchase my balsa in the morning...Thank you John for sending me the link...It is going to be a surprise for my daughters for the Fly-A-Thon.
Joe in Orlando

Came out to your flying field a couple of Saturday mornings when I was down for about 7 weeks in June & July but no one in attendance.  Behind the school on the East (airport side) right?  Won't be back down until mid-October so will try again.
Evansville, IN & Orlando, FL

Offline pat king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • PDK LLC
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015, 05:45:55 PM »
My cell # is: 708-921-6322
It is on my web site: www.pdkllc.com

Have fun,  Pat
Pat King
Monee, IL

AMA 168941

Offline andy borgogna

• Ensign
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 09:31:04 AM »
I pulled down the PDF file for  the Baby Ringmaster and noticed it had upper and lower spars, unlike the original Ringmaster that had a spar that ran through the ribs.  I went out to the garage and pulled out my original Sterling Baby Ringmaster kit and it has a single spar that runs through the ribs just like the full size Ringmaster.  The only reason I bring this up is does this change make the Baby Ringmaster in the PDF file not eligible for classic stunt contest.  I have been to contests where lesser changes brought out the design correctness police.

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 09:54:38 AM »
Hey Joe!  Personally, I think you've made a kool choice!!  They fly really nice and you'll see both of mine on Fly-A-Thon Day if you and the family come over and fly with us.  I really should put some Ringmaster Stickers on them shouldn't I??  ???  The orange one I call the "BushMaster" mainly because of the size of the wheels but talk about being surprised to see it in the air!!  Both of mine were scratch built from the Pat King plans and I've been really pleased with the results.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 07:33:37 AM by Jim Carter »

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2015, 05:40:00 PM »
Yep Andy, I suspect that the wing with external spars does disqualify Pat's "Baby Ringmaster".  y1

I suspect that Pat was not thinking that anyone would be flying this model in a classic contest when he designed the wing. I bet Pat could whip up a file for a set of ribs with the central spar for you if you seriously want to build one for classic contests. Send him a PM or email.  ;D
John Cralley
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2015, 06:01:41 PM »
Woops Andy,

I just went into my shop and checked my Pat King Baby Ringmaster that I built from his original "prototype" kit (I converted it to electric) and it has a CENTRAL spar! That means Pat already has plans for a set of ribs with a central spar. For that matter I have his plans rolled up somewhere (might no live long enough to find them)!!  y1
John Cralley
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline pat king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • PDK LLC
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2015, 08:21:46 PM »
The "Baby Ringmaster" plan posted is NOT a Baby Ringmaster! It appears to be based on the kit Brodak sells. It will make a damned poor stunter.
My Baby Ringmaster wing is built like the Sterling wing. My Baby Ringmaster will not be a good precision aerobatic airplane.
My Ringmaster Jr. would be a better aerobatic airplane for classic. The wing construction differs from the Sterling, but the rules allow for structural/construction changes in the wing if it doesn't change the airfoil. The Ringmaster S1A is not legal for OTS because the sheeted leading edge significantly changes the airfoil.
The .jpg attached shows my plans. The .pdf of my plans is over 500MB. I can't post it here. If you will send an email to :patdk@aol.com I will email you a full size .pdf of the Baby Ringmaster plans.

Pat
Pat King
Monee, IL

AMA 168941

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2015, 06:32:47 AM »
Bummer!! I have no idea where I got those plans, but as Pat says they are NOT his!! I have been sending that file out to modelers for years and simply had no idea they were not Pat King's plans!! I have removed the file and hope that this has not caused anyone any great problems. If I can I will post the correct file.

Sorry about the screw up!

HB~> mw~ HB~> mw~ HB~>
John Cralley
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline Mark Mc

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2015, 12:26:25 AM »
The "Baby Ringmaster" plan posted is NOT a Baby Ringmaster! It appears to be based on the kit Brodak sells. It will make a damned poor stunter.

Pat

Just for my own education and edification, what makes this alternate version a poor performer?

Mark

Offline Larrys4227

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2015, 06:16:18 AM »
Came out to your flying field a couple of Saturday mornings when I was down for about 7 weeks in June & July but no one in attendance.  Behind the school on the East (airport side) right?  Won't be back down until mid-October so will try again.

I know what you mean.... I made the trip over to Orlando this morning. 2 hours of my time and 40.00 between gas/tolls. Not a soul in sight on a beautiful morning. Previously I've tried text/email but usually i get crickets. I guess they've moved on.

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2015, 07:04:36 PM »
Just for my own education and edification, what makes this alternate version a poor performer? Mark

Poor airfoil according to Pat King!

Here is the "real" Pat King Baby Ringmaster plans PDF file.

Also, to the 40 plus that downloaded the fake BR file my sincere apology!! Twas a totally unintentional goof!!!
John Cralley
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline Mike Keville

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2015, 08:51:14 PM »
You can pretty much trust any plan from Pat King.  That guy knows what he's doing!
FORMER member, "Academy of Multi-rotors & ARFs".

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here