News:

• April 18, 2024, 06:55:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Death of a Banshee Rise of a Cardinal  (Read 1660 times)

Offline David M Johnson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Death of a Banshee Rise of a Cardinal
« on: August 23, 2015, 09:14:56 AM »
So those of you in the Texas area may recognize this Banshee it has met its demise due to a moron at the controls...  Just saying it isn't a good idea to store your spare line clips hanging from the lines at the handle because when your inverted and they catch the opposite line bad things happen.  Thanks to Bruce Cunningham who donated a ARF Cardinal to the cause I will live to fly again.  The wing on the Banshee had been repaired prior to the crash and what you see is a brittle explosion due to sudden deceleration (Ground).
We're havin some fun now!!

Offline MikeyPratt

• Captain
Re: Death of a Banshee Rise of a Cardinal
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 10:06:06 AM »
Hi Dave,
Bummer for sure!  That Bansee is repairable with ease.  Just graph on a new outboard wing using the existing and or replaced parts and have it flying in no time.  Or call Sig and get a replacement wing kit.  Since you have a good looking Cardinal to fly, you have the time to repair it and have two planes to fly. #^
Later,
Mikey

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 03:02:31 PM »
Hi Dave,
I have to agree with Mikey, your Banshee is definitely repairable.  The Sig wing kit he suggested is a great idea.
You should always have two airplane flyable...but you know that...Right?

The Cardinal is a very good flying airplane also and if properly trimmed will fly as well or better than a lot of full blown stunters.
I built one from the kit a long time ago and won a couple of profile events with it then gave it to my Brother who used it to go from Intermediate to Advanced and flew it for a while in advanced  then gave it to a buddy who used it to go from Intermediate to Advanced.

Since then it has taught two other people to fly and it is currently flying in the Advanced Class and doing well.

Randy Cuberly

Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline Daniel_Munro

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 09:58:51 PM »
Hi Dave.

Your cardinal looks great. I too had a banshee, it was my first big stunter.

I crashed and repaired it many times and have now given it to a junior to fly.

I brought a 10 year old Cardinal a few weeks ago and flew it for the first time today. So far I am impressed, it is much different to my Legacy to fly but I think once trimmed to my liking it will be a good performer. Mine has a Super Tigre 46 which grumbles and snorts away and pulls the Cardinal with loads of authority.

I can now see why the Cardinal is so popular.  Good luck with yours I hope it treats you well.
NZL7396

Offline Bootlegger

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 10:19:29 AM »

Randy, that Cardinal looks like an L S U fan of a model in Purple and Gold... Geaux Tigers...
8th Air Force Veteran
Gil Causey
AMA# 6964

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 03:21:21 PM »
Hi Dave.

Mine has a Super Tigre 46 which grumbles and snorts away and pulls the Cardinal with loads of authority.

ST 46 on a profile Cardinal. Doesn't get much sweeter than that. One just went for $365.00 at auction.
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Advertise Here
Tags: Banshee  Cardinal  Tx 

Advertise Here