News:

• April 26, 2024, 12:05:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rachel, Keith, Tom, Bob and Shug Flying and Grinnin'  (Read 5566 times)

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
    • Sean Emery funny guy juggling and stuff
Rachel, Keith, Tom, Bob and Shug Flying and Grinnin'
« on: August 23, 2015, 07:19:52 AM »
Since we have gotten our temporary flying field and can only fly on Wed, Sat and Sun. (no solo flying allowed).....once in a while some of us slip out to another school and get some flights in on one of the other days of the week.
Rachel was flying her Challenger. Keith flew his Hotshot. Tom the new guy put up his Flite Streak and Fancherized Twister and he is really inproving and keeping planes in the air now. I flew my trusty Prowler. Bob cheered us on.
Fun evening to go fly.
Keith made me fly his HotShot and wow......that plane actually flew me!
Shug

Rachel with me wearing the stylish glasses she gave me to improve my flying        Bob Cheney photos

Keith's HotShot
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 03:17:36 PM by Shug Emery »
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline frank mccune

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
Re: Rachel, Keith, Tom, Bob and Shug Flying and Grinnin'
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 10:50:16 AM »
    Hi Shug:

Great vid!

What is that thing that you use to takeoff from the grass?

Tia,

Frank McCune

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 12:56:51 PM »
    Hi Shug:

Great vid!

What is that thing that you use to takeoff from the grass?

Tia,

Frank McCune
Thanks Frank. That is just a big ol' sheet of cardboard that Tom made to use as a runway. That football field had some mighty thick lofty grass.
Shug
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Ted Fancher

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 03:07:10 PM »
Looks like you all are having a great time!  FWIW and no big deal 'cause it happens all the time...the Twister Mod was by Ted Fancher...note, just one "r"-- and at the end.  Not sure why but that extra r seems to appear regularly.  Again, no big deal. 

Ted Fancher

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 03:19:39 PM »
Looks like you all are having a great time!  FWIW and no big deal 'cause it happens all the time...the Twister Mod was by Ted Fancher...note, just one "r"-- and at the end.  Not sure why but that extra r seems to appear regularly.  Again, no big deal. 

Ted Fancher
I admit to not being an academic!  n~ Corrected and noted. Lots of folks spell my name incorrectly too....Shuge, Shrug, Shawn.
Thankee, we had a real fun night.
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 11:30:48 AM »
Great you have sites available.  Found out even though I had the school principles permission model planes are not allowed to fly on school property.  Also I have trouble spelling names let alone remembering them.  But as Dad always I don't care how they spell my name as long as they remember to call when the food is ready.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline john ohnimus

• 2016 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 08:40:26 AM »
Shug,

Can you post some paticulars about your Prowler? Such as weight, powerplant, covering, etc.?? I have a Prowler and I like it alot but its abit on the heavy side. I have contacted the

good Mr. Hunt about the wing core's and I still have the plans from the kit.  I am now running a Lew Woolard FP .40 and it performs great. It really doesn't like the square

manuevers at all.

Thanks,

Tony O
Hard Tellin'....  Not Knowin'

AMA 413710

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 09:24:34 AM »
Shug,

Can you post some paticulars about your Prowler? Such as weight, powerplant, covering, etc.?? I have a Prowler and I like it alot but its abit on the heavy side. I have contacted the

good Mr. Hunt about the wing core's and I still have the plans from the kit.  I am now running a Lew Woolard FP .40 and it performs great. It really doesn't like the square

manuevers at all.

Thanks,

Tony O
Here is a thread on it.....http://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php/topic,34924.0.html
I have been flying it since I built it. Monocote covering. Weighs 52 ounces now (after many a repair in my learning mode). Using an OS .40FP frpm Randy Smith that I got over 20 years ago. Runs real well now. I trust it totally. 11x4 APCprop.
More later if needed...gotta run.
Shug

« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 01:46:18 PM by Shug Emery »
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2015, 09:25:49 AM »
Great you have sites available.  Found out even though I had the school principles permission model planes are not allowed to fly on school property.  Also I have trouble spelling names let alone remembering them.  But as Dad always I don't care how they spell my name as long as they remember to call when the food is ready.
Where we fly there are no codes about model flying...whoooo buddy. We got approval from Pricipal and groundkeeper is mowing our circle. So far so good.
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here