« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 02:16:01 PM by Air Master »

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Re: Decal for Magician
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 12:58:53 PM »
Can somebody sell me a decal for the plane I am building?

Thanks

Rusty,

If I had art worth copying I can make that graphic. Fuel proof and all.

I couldn't open your file.

Others could benefit if someone had correct art. No point in making it incorrect.
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Jim Roselle

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 01:21:33 PM »

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 02:28:37 PM »
Jim,

I may be wrong, but I think there's some cartoon character drawing?

If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Jim Roselle

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 03:45:06 PM »
Jim,

I may be wrong, but I think there's some cartoon character drawing?

This is the photo for the magician kit on the brodak site. I assume the cartoon on the outboard wing is included in the decal set.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 04:34:45 PM »
yes, it is a cartoon character.  The only image I have is on that PDF of the plans.  If you had the image to scan, would that work? 

Rusty,

Yes, that would work. However, decals can be cleared.

You would have to talk to someone that has cleared decals with success. I never have, but I probably will have to eventually.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2015, 06:03:03 AM »
I will take a vinyl decal, you pick the colors. 

That magician does not look like mine and I built from Midwest plans. It seems to have half ribs in front of the spar.

Rusty,

He may have added those half ribs. Guys do that.

When was the Magician first designed and flown? Was there art on the original plans?

You could google to find some "related" Magician art, like pulling a rabbit out of a hat.

Note. Kit built Flite Streak with added half ribs. Adds weight and probably nothing else?

Guys do that.  ;D

Offline Steve_Pollock

• 2019 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2015, 09:41:42 AM »
Not good copies, but you'll get the idea.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2015, 09:52:18 AM »
Not good copies, but you'll get the idea.

Ty,

Thanks for that.

Stephen,

The art is nice. But, I cannot reproduce someone else's art without permission.

I like half ribs in wings, extra weight or not.  ;D

I hate building wings but my next wing has be sheeted.  HB~>

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2015, 12:57:15 PM »
In the day,  not only half ribs added, but a thicker stab.   They were great fling planes even built box stock if the stab held up.  I've seen that powered by engines of the day, Fox, K&B, Johnson and Veco.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Andre Ming

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2015, 09:36:21 PM »

The information contained in this thread is very informative. Thanks for all that have offered input, especially concerning the history of the original Magician.

I built/flew a Midwest-kitted Magician with a Fox 35 on it back when I was a youngster (late 60s).  Flew good as I recall... but thought that long nose a bit flimsy resulting in vibration.

Does the Brodak kit use very good wood and nose vibration isn't quite the problem as it was on the "pays yer money an' takes yer chances" type of wood that used to be in the vintage/mass produced kits way back when?

Searching to find my new place in this hobby!

Offline Andre Ming

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2015, 12:44:58 PM »
Thanks Rusty and Ty for your input.

Though I am an avowed "vintage combat plane" guy, I think "one of these days" I would like to build a vintage stunt-type airplane from my days of yore, and it would be either the Magician or Ringmaster (.35 profile) that I built/flew "back then".

I lean toward the Magician with a vintage Fox 35 on it simply because I think it would be a better flyer and more capable with the pattern than the Ringmaster.

My, so many years ago!
Searching to find my new place in this hobby!

Offline builditright

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • So happy to be alive!
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2015, 04:07:34 PM »
Thanks Rusty and Ty for your input.

Though I am an avowed "vintage combat plane" guy, I think "one of these days" I would like to build a vintage stunt-type airplane from my days of yore, and it would be either the Magician or Ringmaster (.35 profile) that I built/flew "back then".

I lean toward the Magician with a vintage Fox 35 on it simply because I think it would be a better flyer and more capable with the pattern than the Ringmaster.

My, so many years ago!

let me know if you want a 48" Magician, I make a pretty nice kit of that one.
http://www.builtrightflyright.com/2014/kits/48Magician2014.htm
You can also see a couple from my kits->  http://www.builtrightflyright.com/cstmrblds/Magician35/Cstmr-mag35.htm
Thank you and God Bless
Walter
aka/ builditright

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here