News:

• April 19, 2024, 01:59:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: First Time at the NATS  (Read 683 times)

Offline Mark Weiss

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
First Time at the NATS
« on: July 28, 2015, 12:48:41 PM »
Tom Smeltzer and I arrived on Thursday at the L pad to watch the Open qualifying. We stayed until Saturday, following Paul's win. It was a 10 hour drive from my house and about 90 minutes less from Tom's and it was worth every minute of it! We went to watch the best fly and were not disappointed in any way. You guys are good, real good. We also went because we wanted to see in person the top pilots before they retired or could no longer compete. There are certain things that should not be put off and this was one of them.

What impressed us the most was the atmosphere and the kindness shown to us by the competitors. We met just about everybody in the Top 20 we had not previously met and that group was incredibly nice. We did not feel like outsiders or that we were bothering folks who had more important things on their minds. Thank you everyone for making our trip terrific. A special thanks to those we were able to spend more time with and that list includes Paul Walker, Howard Rush, Bob Hunt, Kaz Minato, Doug Moon, Brett Buck, and Derek Barry. And also, thanks for your kind comments about what we do at Triple Tree each year during the Joe Nall week in May.

Mark Weiss

Online Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: First Time at the NATS
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 01:18:08 PM »
It was a pleasure meeting you, Mark. 
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 01:39:24 PM »
What impressed us the most was the atmosphere and the kindness shown to us by the competitors. We met just about everybody in the Top 20 we had not previously met and that group was incredibly nice. We did not feel like outsiders or that we were bothering folks who had more important things on their minds. Thank you everyone for making our trip terrific. A special thanks to those we were able to spend more time with and that list includes Paul Walker, Howard Rush, Bob Hunt, Kaz Minato, Doug Moon, Brett Buck, and Derek Barry. And also, thanks for your kind comments about what we do at Triple Tree each year during the Joe Nall week in May.

A bit of a contrast from the "snake pit" atmosphere you might expect if you only read the internet!

It was very nice to meet you, and for the most part, this is the way pretty much every contest (no matter how large) goes.

Brett

Offline Doug Moon

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 02:47:35 PM »
Hello Mark,

It was great to get to meet you in person.

Like I said on Friday morning, I wish we could have had better weather for the top 20 flyoff.  But the winds made for some pretty spectacular flying as well.

I am very glad you came to see us and what we do in Muncie.  It means a lot!!  It also shows your commitment to CLPA.  Thank you!

I hope to make the Joe Nall one day and fly with you.
Doug Moon
AMA 496454
Dougmoon12@yahoo.com

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here