News:

• April 23, 2024, 01:04:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Well not CL, but..  (Read 1007 times)

Online Lauri Malila

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Well not CL, but..
« on: July 27, 2015, 10:51:58 PM »
Greetings from Mongolia!
Free flight world champs starts tomorrow.

L

Offline Keith Renecle

• Captain
Re: Well not CL, but..
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 11:17:00 PM »
Hi Lauri,

Thanks for posting. That is totally "wireless" control! Those huts are something like igloo's!  #^ What classes are you entered in?

Keith R
Keith R

Online Lauri Malila

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 11:28:54 PM »
Hi Keith!

Well, not totally wireless, thereis a towline. and radio DT. And radio beacons that help in finding the model after flight.
I fly F1A.

L

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 07:52:17 AM »
 :)  Wow!  It looks just wonderful!  As exciting as it would be, unfortunately, I doubt my life circumstance will allow me to ever partake of an event like this.  So if I may, allow me to enjoy it through you!  What's it like over there?  How's the food? the scenery? the weather? How big is the flying field .... it looks huge?  Will you get to do any sightseeing?  How about the competition?  From a flyer that was posted, it looks like there will be quite a few competitors.  Who do you think will be the toughest competition?  What are names of some of the designs?  You mention using radio, will these be allowed for flight assist i.e. control to limit flyaways?  I do wish you the best of luck but more than winning, I hope you have a most memorable and exciting time making a whole raft of new and lasting friendships!  After all that is the most important thing in life isn't it .... the friendships we make and share!!   ;)

Jim

Offline NED-088

• Commander
    • Heartstrings
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 03:27:20 AM »
So it must be safe to presume that we won't see you at the contest on the banks of the Bodensee, this weekend?
Henk and I will be there.....
'If you think there's something about my English, you're right. I'm Dutch... '
But I DO play Stunt and I DO fly Bluegrass.

Online Lauri Malila

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 10:04:07 PM »
No Bruno, I'm sorry I missed the Bodman. It seems like you had some good weather again.
I'm still in Ulaanbaatar, flying home via Beijing tonight.
Contest was difficult. Weather was rough, I generally like it, but here in 5000ft. altitude the thermals were really tricky, very aggressive and they come and go quickly. I missed the max in 6th round and so did not make it to fly-off.
Well, there is allways the next time!

Cheers, Lauri

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here