News:

• April 26, 2024, 01:46:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: One final plea  (Read 911 times)

Mike Griffin

• Trade Count: (0)
One final plea
« on: July 27, 2015, 07:20:41 PM »
I have been looking for plans of the 48" (.35) size series of the Midwest Warbirds profiles.  So far to no avail.  If anyone has the plans to one or all of these models , I would really like to have a copy of them.  What I am looking for are the ORIGINAL plans, not redrawn.

Thank you if you can help

Mike

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: One final plea
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 07:48:06 PM »
   Mike;
   I have been SUPER busy with work, trying to finish a model to take to Oshkosh, and then the Oshkosh trip. I believe I have them all, but just haven't posted because of my lack of spare time. I'm still recovering from the trip, but in the coming week will see if I have decent copies of them all. The Kawasaki Tony, that I saw mentioned somewhere was designed by Vince Machiia, but was nit kitted by Midwest Models. The models should be the P-40, the P-51, Skyraider, and ME-109, correct? Stay Tuned for further developments as they become available.
  I don't know if Dennis Leonardi responded to you or not, but he may be a source for them also.
   Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline jfv

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 08:19:22 PM »
Mike:

I e-mailed you a copy of the Skyraider plans.  File size was to large to post.

Jim V
Jim Vigani

Offline Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Fancher Handles - Presented by Brent Williams
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 09:19:40 PM »
I have the Midwest king cobra plans if you need to borrow them.
Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Mike Griffin

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 09:31:42 PM »
   Mike;
   I have been SUPER busy with work, trying to finish a model to take to Oshkosh, and then the Oshkosh trip. I believe I have them all, but just haven't posted because of my lack of spare time. I'm still recovering from the trip, but in the coming week will see if I have decent copies of them all. The Kawasaki Tony, that I saw mentioned somewhere was designed by Vince Machiia, but was nit kitted by Midwest Models. The models should be the P-40, the P-51, Skyraider, and ME-109, correct? Stay Tuned for further developments as they become available.
  I don't know if Dennis Leonardi responded to you or not, but he may be a source for them also.
   Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee

Thank you Dan.  The ones you mentioned are the ones I am looking for.  I would love go have the plans for the Tony also if anyone had them.  I will send you a message with my mailing address.  Thanks again

Mike

Online Gary Mondry

• 22 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 10:05:10 PM »
Vince Micchia's Tony is Flying Models plan CF177 from January 1970.  His King Kobra is CF160 from May 1969, though a little different from the ultimate Midwest kit.  I don't have either of them, but I understand that the FM plan service is in resurrection.

Gary
AMA 10663

Offline Joseph Patterson

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA member- Supporter
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 09:42:56 AM »
     Mike,
             Tom Dixon carries the Midwest Plans. Mustang, P-40, P-63, ME-109, and the Skyraider-all $10 ea. They are listed under the Classic section. I believe they are full size. tomdixon.tripod.com. Sent you a private mess.
           Doug

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here