News:

• April 19, 2024, 07:41:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Oshgosh  (Read 1307 times)

Online Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
Oshgosh
« on: July 25, 2015, 07:44:19 AM »
Had a great day yesterday at Oshgosh. I think I heard a number of 150 kids came through yesterday. When we got done we caught some of the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Oshkosh
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 10:36:50 PM »
Had a great day yesterday at Oshkosh. I think I heard a number of 150 kids came through yesterday. When we got done we caught some of the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What was the 2nd picture? Ju-88? That's gotta be a pretty rare bird.  ???  Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline jim gevay

• Lieutenant
Re: Oshgosh
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 06:36:03 AM »
The JU-88 was a WWII twin engine bomber and didn't have a corrugated skin like the JU-52 or Ford Tri-motor.
The plane in the photo is a replica of the Junkers F13, a very early airliner.

http://www.aopa.org/News-and-Video/All-News/2015/July/23/Junkers-F13-replicas-announced

Online Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 01:55:00 PM »
The JU-88 was a WWII twin engine bomber and didn't have a corrugated skin like the JU-52 or Ford Tri-motor.
The plane in the photo is a replica of the Junkers F13, a very early airliner.

http://www.aopa.org/News-and-Video/All-News/2015/July/23/Junkers-F13-replicas-announced

Yea Steve I think Jim is correct.
Sorry we did not have a lot of time to gather information. Was just trying to snap a bunch of pictures.
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 11:01:15 PM »
 I got there about 1:30pm on Thursday, stayed on the EAA grounds in Audrey's Park, and left at 11:00am today. Overall I felt it was a pretty weak turnout of display aircraft this year in all categories, at least that's how it appeared from Thursday on. EAA claims aircraft attendance was way up in all categories but I'm not buying it. Other than the TORA! TORA! TORA! routine, the Grumman Wildcat aerobatic performance, and Jet Waco I thought the daily airshows were really lame this year. They even stuffed an R/C demo right into the middle of the main airshow on Friday, at OSHKOSH. Really? That one about took the cake, at least it left a nice opportunity to go fetch a bottle of water.
 About 9-9:30 this morning I rode the shuttle through the entire grounds, end to end, and it was basically a ghost town. There were very few aircraft left, display or fly-in attendee types. Out of what was left the departures were steadily flowing down the main runway and had been since early morning. A lot of the corporate displays were already in the process of being dismantled as well. It was like the circus had left town. I had originally planned on staying through the end of the Sunday airshow but nothing was going to happen that I hadn't already seen since Thursday, just a bunch of re-runs. Seeing and realizing all of this I stopped and had a couple pancakes at the "Machine Shed" quanset next to the Vintage hangar while watching some departures, and then hit the road for home shortly after.

One thing is for sure, if you haven't ever done OSH and are considering going, don't waste your time (and money) going on the final Sunday. D>K
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 08:24:33 PM »

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eaaairventureoshkosh/

Above is a link to the EAA Flickr photo album of this years AirVenture. I haven't had time to view all the photos (over 1000 images) but about half way down the first page you will see two flight shots of Dusty in action. This is the new model I have been working on trying to get it in some kind of shape to take to Oshkosh, and at least have of display for the kiddies to see. I got it into flying shape the Saturday before we left (three flights and two full patterns). The model will do double duty as a profile scale and profile stunt model. It is based on Larry Kruse's Grumman Agwagon published in Flying Models years ago, with a Twister wing with some mods, and "sorta" Fancherised. It has a throttle module with 2.4 ghz receiver, battery and servo, power is an LA.46 with throttle. Depending on what I feel like, I will probably power it with a standard C/L version of the same engine or perhaps a .40, and for profile scale competition, change out to the throttled .46. The throttle module is removeable. The engine runs pretty nicely with the throttle "on" and I set the transmitter on the ground beside me when doing the pattern. When finished, I can throttle down to land, or hit the "kill" button when ever I want. The idea was to fly it like that in the afternoon C/L demo flights at KidVenture, and after doing a pattern, slow it down and wiggle the tail when flying by the grand stands. Weather and lack of flying time and practice didn't allow it this year, but we'll see about next year!  Like Wayne pointed out, if you have ever wanted to go to Oshkosh, make the trip before it's too late!
   Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline dave siegler

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • sport flier
    • Circlemasters Flying club
Re: Oshkosh
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 07:58:44 AM »
Photos from EAA and Kidventure. 

and its Oshkosh 

people seem to get to EAA earlier every year and leave early.  The Monday to a Sunday scheduled always puzzled me.
All the "type clubs" get there in the Thursday, Friday Saturday before the event and leave mid week.

https://goo.gl/photos/9HNntW7KiLh59AAv6
Dave Siegler
NE9N extra class
AMA 720731
EAA 1231299 UAS Certificate Number FA39HY9ML7  Member of the Milwaukee Circlemasters. A Gold Leader Club for over 25 years!  http://www.circlemasters.com/

Offline jim gevay

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 05:41:32 PM »
Hey Dave, that was a nice looking AeroShell T-6 model. Any more details on it?

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 07:03:48 PM »
Hey Dave, that was a nice looking AeroShell T-6 model. Any more details on it?

That's my son Sean's model. It's a Don Hutchenson Warbird series design. There are several threads with pictures of construction here on Stunthanger. He's had some trimming issues due to a gradual winspan long twist he has to finish getting out, but he said he did get some patterns in while at Oshkosh but I didn't get to see them. It has Polyspan covering, dope finish, and powered by a T&L ST.51
   That's my Dusty model in the photo album!!!  Here is a link to the EAA Flickr album for more Oashkosh eye candy. Half way down the first page are some flight shots of Dusty.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/eaaairventureoshkosh/
   Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here