News:

• April 23, 2024, 03:24:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: engines?  (Read 10169 times)

Offline Chris Belcher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
engines?
« on: June 23, 2015, 03:26:19 PM »
What control line engines are available now? I go to websites but they are so outdated..engines advertised soemtimes haven't been available for years. I have 3 LA46s, 2 old FP 40s that have been scavaged for back plates and allen screws for the LAs, I have 1 Brodak 40 and understand Brodak may be releasing more this summer...???
Looks like again the control line community needs to find a useable/AVAILABLE RC motor that can be made to work for stunt. I am not a 4-2 guy neccesarily and actually like running my LAs in a wet 2 with low pitch props. Any suggs would be appreciated...have money for motors but can't find any to buy. Is it just me?

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
Re: engines?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 05:08:01 PM »
What control line engines are available now? I go to websites but they are so outdated..engines advertised soemtimes haven't been available for years. I have 3 LA46s, 2 old FP 40s that have been scavaged for back plates and allen screws for the LAs, I have 1 Brodak 40 and understand Brodak may be releasing more this summer...???
Looks like again the control line community needs to find a useable/AVAILABLE RC motor that can be made to work for stunt. I am not a 4-2 guy neccesarily and actually like running my LAs in a wet 2 with low pitch props. Any suggs would be appreciated...have money for motors but can't find any to buy. Is it just me?

Just about any of the smaller RC engines will work fine for most CL stunt applications. Check around for my suggested approach (used to accomplish the same thing back in the early 90s, leading to the 20FP and later the "New" 25LA) and that's how I would suggest going about finding new engines to use. An interesting result of the previous experiment was that *every engine I tried* was perfectly usable with no modifications aside from replacing the RC carb with a venturi, no carving/head gaskets/magic dremel tool work required.

For competition, two of the best stunt engines ever made (40VF and RO-Jett 61 BSE) are easily available. You can get a brand new RO-Jett in about 2 weeks, and there's nothing significantly better. 40VFs are all over the place.

Brett

Offline Steve_Pollock

• 2019 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 06:43:33 PM »
MECOA still sells a .18 C/L engine, plus the K&B .40 C/L and 2 K&B .61 C/L engines -- one the old Veco Clarence Lee design, the other the .61 Twister which can be ringed or ABC.  They may still have some varieties of HP control line engines, too.  You can also get the K&B .61 ringed engine directly from Clarence Lee, I think.  He advertises in the Model Aviation classified ads.

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 07:19:41 PM »
I absolutely agree with Brett.  Who would be stupid enough to argue with Brett anyway!!! LL~ LL~ LL~

I would add one probably surprising readily available engine for big stunters in the 650 to 700 Sq In range that I converted and tried over a year ago that turned out to be an amazingly good stunt engine that will run very well on any prop from an 11.5-4 APC to a 13-4 o 13-5 APC and fly the pattern in a 65 OZ airplane in a fast 4 and never break a sweat.

The surprise engine is an OS 55AX with a venturi from Jim Lee or Eric Rule for a OS40 FSR and ST46 Needle valve assembly and tongue muffler from Eric Rule.  No kidding this is a really good set up if a little heavy (12.2 OZ).  Very powerful engine and easy to handle.

For testing purposes I put the engine in a ARF SV11 and the combination was great...flew as well as any top stunter after a minimum of trimming.  I gave the Airplane and engine to Chip Hyde when he was visiting Tucson a couple of years ago after crashing his Nobler so He could continue flying the practicing the pattern while building some new airplanes.  I got the engine back after a year and about 500 flights and it still runs very well with no real signs of wear.

Of course the ROJett 61 is the primo choice on a pipe but also a lot more expensive.

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline Chris Belcher

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 07:30:16 PM »
should have mentioned am looking for 40-46 sized . what about the ro jett 40? I will be building a gieseke nobler and got one of walter umlands 35 stilletto kits.
I see the ax motors at my local hobby store. hAS ANYONE TRIED THE 40 OR 46

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 07:37:12 PM »
I absolutely agree with Brett.  Who would be stupid enough to argue with Brett anyway!!! LL~ LL~ LL~

I would add one probably surprising readily available engine for big stunters in the 650 to 700 Sq In range that I converted and tried over a year ago that turned out to be an amazingly good stunt engine that will run very well on any prop from an 11.5-4 APC to a 13-4 o 13-5 APC and fly the pattern in a 65 OZ airplane in a fast 4 and never break a sweat.

The surprise engine is an OS 55AX with a venturi from Jim Lee or Eric Rule for a OS40 FSR and ST46 Needle valve assembly and tongue muffler from Eric Rule.  No kidding this is a really good set up if a little heavy (12.2 OZ).  Very powerful engine and easy to handle.

For testing purposes I put the engine in a ARF SV11 and the combination was great...flew as well as any top stunter after a minimum of trimming.  I gave the Airplane and engine to Chip Hyde when he was visiting Tucson a couple of years ago after crashing his Nobler so He could continue flying the practicing the pattern while building some new airplanes.  I got the engine back after a year and about 500 flights and it still runs very well with no real signs of wear.

Of course the ROJett 61 is the primo choice on a pipe but also a lot more expensive.

Randy Cuberly

I have an OS 55AX.  It is a very strong running RC engine.  It is a twin ball bearing engine so, as stated above, would be a little heave.   However, I could see where it could be a really good U-control engine.  It is well built and has lots of cooling fins.
John Rist
AMA 56277

Online Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 07:42:53 PM »

Randy Cuberly

Hey Randy
Can you post a link to the engine.  I googled it and it found a 55AX but was 14oz w/o muffler.  My guess is am not looking at the right one.
Thanks
Paul
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 07:49:21 PM »
should have mentioned am looking for 40-46 sized . what about the ro jett 40? I will be building a gieseke nobler and got one of walter umlands 35 stilletto kits.
I see the ax motors at my local hobby store. hAS ANYONE TRIED THE 40 OR 46

Chris,
I have 3 of the RO Jett 40 BSE engines.  Two of them are rear exhaust and 1 is side exhaust.  I ran the 40 BSE side Exhaust in a Geiseke Nobler and it was a terriffic combination.  The two rear exhaust engines have only been run on the bench one is going in a piped airplane and the other is going to be used with a header muffler in a Skylark for Classic.  Very light easy to use engines that run relatively high RPM low pitch prop very powerfully.

Below is a picture of the G. Nobler at VSC several years ago.  Phelps style 10.5-4 prop.

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 08:04:27 PM »
Hey Randy
Can you post a link to the engine.  I googled it and it found a 55AX but was 14oz w/o muffler.  My guess is am not looking at the right one.
Thanks
Paul

Hi Paul,
I checked with Tower and the official OS site and they both say 14 +oz without the muffler.  I went out to the shop and weighed mine with a tongue muffler, venturi, and needle valve assembly and it weighed 12.8 oz.  I have no explanation for the discrepancy...

I do trust my scale I checked it with reliable weights made for that purpose.

Hard to believe that the carb weighs over 2 oz but that's the only explanation I have.

I have some photos of the engine somewhere but haven't located them yet!

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Online Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2015, 06:25:09 AM »
Thanks Randy for the info.
I'm going to add it to my list of engines to snag.  H^^
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Jeff Traxler

• T-Bone
  • 2019 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2015, 07:13:11 AM »
There is a bit of weight difference between the carb/venturi and the stock/tongue mufflers.R/C carbs can weigh a couple ozs.
If you wanna sing the blues(Fly Stunt) you gotta pay your dues and "I know it don't come easy"

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2015, 08:03:11 AM »
Definitely the 55AX and in my case, 65AX with venturi would be the way to go. I have been aggressively acquiring motors of late and, if I was not as fortunate as I was, to get some of the classic stunt motors, the aforementioned motors would be the way I would go.
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2015, 12:18:13 PM »

Well if you ever get one of these :http://www.osengines.com/engines-airplane/osmg1307/index.html, let me know and I'll build you one of the neatest PT-17's you could ever ask for!!  But'cha gotta' promise 'ta lem'me see it flyin' !!   #^

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2015, 03:23:20 PM »
There's a 46AX, too, who's specs look similar to the 40VF -- it may be a good candidate on a pipe.

I wouldn't expect to slap it on a plane in place of a 46LA, though -- they're definitely two different engines.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2015, 05:29:20 PM »
Lets not forget Saito 4 strokes, more costly than an LA-46 but less than a piped set up. Run good enough to win Advanced PA and Expert profile at Brodak's.

http://www.tulsacl.com/SaitoCarb.html

Offline Allan Perret

• Admiral
  • Proverbs
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2015, 05:32:25 PM »
There's a 46AX, too, who's specs look similar to the 40VF -- it may be a good candidate on a pipe.

I wouldn't expect to slap it on a plane in place of a 46LA, though -- they're definitely two different engines.
So what was OS's intended market for the rear exhaust 40VF,  ducted fans ?   Do they not have a current version ?
Allan Perret
AMA 302406
Slidell, Louisiana

Offline GonzoBonzo

• GonzoBonzo
  • 2016 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2015, 06:17:35 PM »
So what was OS's intended market for the rear exhaust 40VF,  ducted fans ?   Do they not have a current version ?

Yes, they were intended for ducted fan RC aircraft.  With the advances, and popularity in miniature turbine engines, looks like OS quit making ducted fan engines.

There is always electric power!   y1
Gonzo

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2015, 07:28:31 PM »
So what was OS's intended market for the rear exhaust 40VF,  ducted fans ? 

There were two 40VFs - the VF ABC and the VF-DF ABC. The former was for small pattern models and the VF-DF was for ducted fans (and is not suitable for stunt). There may also have been a VF that was iron-liner.

I consider the 40VF one of the best 3-4 best stunt engines ever made, and the easiest to deal with on a day to day basis, particularly for beginners and low-time pilots. It's extremely forgiving of setup variation and external conditions. I can assure you that when we all started using them, we DID NOT have a good idea what to do. Nonetheless, my last VF competition flight was made with *exactly* the same setup I used on the first flight (after a lot of fiddling in between), and it was something like 2500-3000 flights later - *with the exact same engine*. Last time I flew it (~5 years ago), I got it out of the bag, put it in the airplane, filled the tank, first flip, no needle change, perfect run.

Brett

Offline Chris Belcher

• Commander
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2015, 05:06:22 AM »
i cant find a single vf 40 anywhere, any suggestions?

Offline Bill Johnson

• 2016 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2015, 05:36:12 AM »
Chris,

I have to admit that I'm partial to Enya engines as my father sold them back in the 70s when we had a hobby shop. The 40 SS engine, in C/L configuration, weighs in at 10 ounces and is a powerful engine. The ball bearing version is a little heavier but still worked fine. The plain bearing version is available new for a little over $100, a good deal in my book, and used ones can be picked up from the RC guys for as little as $25. The last one I had, used and about 10 years old, took about $20 in parts (venturi and NVA) and an hour of bench time (it still wasn't broken in) and it's a fine engine.

The new Enya 40XPS Pro, a dedicated C/L engine, can be ordered now from a couple sources and Enya will be building them later this year. At 8.3 ounces and 1.20 HP, you won't find a better engine in that displacement and weight anywhere. Enya is about the only producer still supporting the C/L community.
Best Regards,
Bill

AMA 350715

Offline Curare

• 2014 Supporters
  • Captain
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2015, 06:57:18 AM »
Seeing as there has been a mention of the 55AX, has anyone messed with the 35AX?
Greg Kowalski
AUS 36694

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2015, 07:15:15 AM »
Chris,

The new Enya 40XPS Pro, a dedicated C/L engine, can be ordered now from a couple sources and Enya will be building them later this year. At 8.3 ounces and 1.20 HP, you won't find a better engine in that displacement and weight anywhere. Enya is about the only producer still supporting the C/L community.

Can you list the sources?
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Carl Cisneros

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2015, 08:14:25 AM »
Here is one place for you:  http://stores.ebay.com/The-control-line-store?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

This is Billy's on line store and he is a great guy yo deal with.

Carl
Carl R Cisneros, Dist IV
Control Line RB

Offline Bill Johnson

• 2016 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2015, 08:12:41 PM »
   Can you list the sources?

RC Japan. They state on their website "We have been servicing RC Hobby enthusiasts since 2006. We specialize in locating your favorite and most wanted radio control airplane and helicopter products from Japan. Our goal is to make these products available to people living outside of Japan. We are strictly an export company and service only those people outside of Japan."

I ordered 2 of the 40 XZS Pros from them and got a quote of $221.88 (110.94 per engine) and $39.29 shipping for both.

Look at the history of the Yen to Dollar. The Yen is so low you can buy engines direct from Japan from either RC Japan or Kaz Minato for a song these days. Kaz sent me 2 OS 46LA-S' for the same price, with shipping, that you'd buy them in the US - if they were available here. He still has the 46LA-S in stock!!! And on Ebay, one just went for over $110!

BTW, if anyone is interested, I just ran across 2 new OS Max 40VF-ABCs in a small hobby shop in Kansas. They can probably be bought cheap as I rummaged through the store and bought a lot of stuff at about half of what you'd pay on line or in the typical RC stores around town. PM me if you are interested in the contact info.
Best Regards,
Bill

AMA 350715

Walter Hicks

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2015, 09:42:21 PM »
Stalker engines (.40,.46,.51,61,66,76 and 81 )Most are SE and RE  from Kaz Minato you get them in less than a week. He also has( 23 )or so LA .46 CL engines in stock!!!, He sells Enya also. Very, very easy to deal with email and Pay Pal products including great Re , SE mufflers shipped and to your door 3-7 days from Japan. 

Offline Chris Belcher

• Commander
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2015, 01:22:23 PM »
I ordered 2 of the 40 XZS Pros from them and got a quote of $221.88 (110.94 per engine) and $39.29 shipping for both.

did you ever get them? now it shows 1-2 monthe wait...cuz they dont make em anymore i bet...

Offline Steven Kientz

• Captain
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2015, 01:42:23 PM »
Graves Rc in fla. shows the OS 55AX and 46axII in stock. I did a search of their store for La 46 no results.
Steve Kientz
AMA 855912

Offline Chris Belcher

• Commander
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2015, 02:03:30 PM »
color me frustrated!!! every lead i get turns out to be a dead end. rc japan shows the enya40xzs '' ''pro where u can add to cart but read the fine print b4 u send money. they are back orderd and everybody knows theyre not making them. hell if randy smith cant get any what makes me think im gonna.
KAZ does hav esome la46s but not the enyas or stalkers, at least not the ones everybody wants..like the se46. and i started this thread more in the vain of AVAILABLE NEW RC engines that could be used in control line. I guess im waiting for the next LA 46 phenom to come along....i dont know...i just want some freakin motors to play with ''

Offline Bill Johnson

• 2016 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2015, 06:06:37 PM »
color me frustrated!!! every lead i get turns out to be a dead end. rc japan shows the enya40xzs '' ''pro where u can add to cart but read the fine print b4 u send money. they are back orderd and everybody knows theyre not making them. hell if randy smith cant get any what makes me think im gonna.
KAZ does hav esome la46s but not the enyas or stalkers, at least not the ones everybody wants..like the se46. and i started this thread more in the vain of AVAILABLE NEW RC engines that could be used in control line. I guess im waiting for the next LA 46 phenom to come along....i dont know...i just want some freakin motors to play with ''

Chris, I swapped emails with Ken Enya and RC Japan. They both say Enya is planning a run of the XZS Pro later this year. My order is in so I'll get them before most people know their in production again.

Patience is a virtue.
Best Regards,
Bill

AMA 350715

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2015, 07:14:34 PM »
and i started this thread more in the vain of AVAILABLE NEW RC engines that could be used in control line. I guess im waiting for the next LA 46 phenom to come along....i dont know...i just want some freakin motors to play with ''

Well, find one, and follow the suggestions in this thread:

http://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php/topic,17781.msg163868.html#msg163868

to deternine how well it works.

Ground rules
 NO significant modifications and in particular no grinding.
4" pitch and a commonly available props
DO NOT run it in a 4-2

Brett

Offline Chris Belcher

• Commander
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2015, 07:45:12 PM »
Brett...point taken.   :-X

Offline Balsa Butcher

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • High Desert Flier
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2015, 09:23:26 PM »
While you are waiting for the 40 XZS Pro to get here, (great engine BTW) Bobby Brooks, aka "Shuttrman" at E-Bay C/L store has the Enya SS 50 and 61 CXL in stock. Both excellent engines.  8)
Pete Cunha
Sacramento CA.
AMA 57499

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2015, 06:41:14 PM »
I understand that the Brodak 40 will be available soon(?)........
John ordered a pretty sizable quantity....
Have fun.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2015, 06:42:50 PM »
I understand that the Brodak 40 will be available soon(?)........
John ordered a pretty sizable quantity....
Have fun.

There's one on ebay right now for, I believe 120.00. So far.
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2015, 05:09:41 PM »
There is the Saito 4cycle motors. The Saito 40CL is a powerful motor.
ED
Locust NC 40 miles from the Huntersville field

Online Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2015, 06:50:28 PM »
The Magnum XLS .36 and Magnum XLS .52 (and ASP equivalents) will make nice CL conversions. Run a 2-2-2 sort of run and a .272" venturi with a .157" spraybar through.  Randy Aero can provide venturi, spraybar assy and his excellent CNC tube muffler. The Thunder Tiger 11 x 4.5 is wonderful match for the .36 and I'd start with the 12.25 x 3.75 or 13-4 APC on the .52.

I ran a used XLS .36 for years and years on a Fancherized Twister. But I did use a .46LA muffler on it, because it needed the nose weight. I gave the plane/engine to Tim, who crashed it due to not following directions ( :o ). But that little .36 had about 20 gallons of fuel through it, and it would still do long strings of 1-flip starts. I got as many as 12 or 13 in a row. It really wanted to run! I've run another in an  Olympus with a Randy Aero CNC tube muffler, and it also ran very nicely, but only have put a few runs and flights on it.

The ASP's can be gotten via Hobby King, very reasonably. Magnums come from Hobby People, a bit more dear. They still sell the .52, but not the .36. The .36 you want has the "weedeater" style cylinder head...not round. The XLS .40, .46 and .52 are made on the same case casting, so the .52 is the lightest per cubic inch by far.  It's the one you want!   y1 Steve

Edit:  HK doesn't seem to carry the ASP version of the XLS .36, so maybe it's a gone goose. Too bad. The ASP .52 is here:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__10726__ASP_S52A_Two_Stroke_Glow_Engine_w_Remote_HS_Needle_Valve.html

You're given the choice of a remote NV or a NV mounted on the throttle. I always opted for the remote NV, simply because the remote is an excellent unit, and can be adapted to use on combat models and trainers.  The .52 will be a good equivalent to the late ST G.51...about 10.5 oz plus muffler.
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2015, 07:11:01 PM »
... I gave the plane/engine to Tim, who crashed it due to not following directions ( :o ) ...

You are disremembering.  I crashed the KISS due to being stupid -- trying to fix a bolluxed line clip in flight, when you could just hold hard down and wait for six minutes is being stupid, right?

I still have that engine, I'm awaiting a good plane to put it in.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Online Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2015, 07:18:41 PM »
'Tis you who is disremembering, Tim. You didn't use the tach to set the launch rpm and sent it off much too slow, tried to do the pattern, and didn't finish the Figure 9, or one of the other tricks.  :P Steve

PS: It shore is hot here, 133F (true) on the front porsche at this minute. I bet it's even hotter down yonder...
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Scott Richlen

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2015, 05:27:15 AM »
So, this week I get a Tower Hobbies sales flyer with the LA-46 RC engine (and also a 15 and a 25 LA-RC) listed.  I thought they weren't making them anymore, so why are they advertising them??

Offline Allan Perret

• Admiral
  • Proverbs
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2015, 06:27:52 AM »

Edit:  HK doesn't seem to carry the ASP version of the XLS .36, so maybe it's a gone goose. Too bad. The ASP .52 is here:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__10726__ASP_S52A_Two_Stroke_Glow_Engine_w_Remote_HS_Needle_Valve.html

I think the ASP clone of XLS.36 is still available here.

http://www.justengines.co.uk/acatalog/ASP.html#a505

Just Engines is in UK but shipping is not too bad.  They will set it up for control line with venturi and OS NVA,  I think you get a little credit for the RC carb.  Been a couple years since I bought from them, were easy to deal with, answered several emails before I placed order.  They have the 52 in a "Short version", no carb.
Allan Perret
AMA 302406
Slidell, Louisiana

Offline bob jablonski

• Lieutenant
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2015, 07:29:51 AM »
MECOA sceduled to make me some C/L motors. I won't go into detail till there on the way in a shipping box but there between a .19 and a .35 and they should be here in a month or 2.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
countylinehobbies@yahoo.com
www.countylinehobbies.com
Like us on facebook

Online Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2015, 12:52:46 PM »
MECOA sceduled to make me some C/L motors. I won't go into detail till there on the way in a shipping box but there between a .19 and a .35 and they should be here in a month or 2.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
countylinehobbies@yahoo.com
www.countylinehobbies.com
Like us on facebook

That is good news...if it actually happens. MECOA's plans (and best intentions) are often delayed a few years by having to do work that pays the bills sooner, rather than later.  My guess is that MECOA will get CL engines out the door about the time that CL really is dead and gone.  :'( Steve

Offline Bill Johnson

• 2016 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2015, 01:39:08 PM »
That is good news...if it actually happens. MECOA's plans (and best intentions) are often delayed a few years by having to do work that pays the bills sooner, rather than later.  My guess is that MECOA will get CL engines out the door about the time that CL really is dead and gone.  :'( Steve

Well, I figure I've got at least another 15 years in me, Steve, so I hope it happens by then.  ;D
Best Regards,
Bill

AMA 350715

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here