News:

• April 19, 2024, 01:15:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: HELP Suggestions for Fun Scale  (Read 1790 times)

Offline John Craig

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
HELP Suggestions for Fun Scale
« on: May 21, 2015, 05:12:40 PM »
This is strictly to be a FUN project. Just enough to be able to throw my hat in the ring at a contest.  I have plans for the Sterling P-51, Sky Shark, Yak & Messerschmidt.  Also a MA plan for a Spitfire.  I also have parts cut for a British Skua by J. Wagner         Requirements: easy to fly, do simple stunts, easy to get simple documentation, & easy to repair.  All on my to build list.  Engine control, 3 line or modern R/C

All suggestions, criticism, encouragement, stories of past experience WELCOME!  Forgot, I have kits for a Sterling Corsair & Sterling's C-5 Polish Fighter PZL P. 11

Thanks,

JEC

Offline Bob Heywood

• Admiral
Re: HELP Suggestions for Fun Scale
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 05:22:32 PM »
Clear your bench. Put all of the names in a hat. Draw one and commence to continue!
"Clockwise Forever..."

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 09:00:30 PM »
You can build a Profile or a full bodied model for Fun scale, the rules state that there is no down grade for a profile fuselage in fun scale.

There are only 5 outline and 5 color points for static in Fun scale, the bulk of the points are flying points.  The outline and color/markings do need to be perfect but need to match the basic color scheme and markings

Throttle only can perform the 6 options, check out our club website on CL scale with some suggestions on stuff to look at, but remember the majority of these items only really apply to a sport scale model. Throttle, taxi, touch and go count as 4 options, you need 2 more to get the six required.

https://lafayetteesquadrillecl.wordpress.com/lafayette-esquadrille-cl/cl-models/scale/

If you are near St Louis we have a CL scale contest in Sept

Fred
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 05:10:00 AM »
Look for museums that you can personally visit.  First hand documentation is a BIG plus.
Paul Smith

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here