News:

• April 25, 2024, 04:52:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Quadcopter Guy Does What He Wants at Joe Nall  (Read 7009 times)

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Quadcopter Guy Does What He Wants at Joe Nall
« on: May 19, 2015, 07:52:31 AM »
I came across this on the web. After being told no FPV's were allowed at Joe Nall this jackass does it anyway and posts his flight to You-tube. Watch how close he comes to people and full scale aircraft. Not to mention he is all over the property. No regard for rules or safety. They call themselves "Joe Nall FPV Rebels" so they know what they are doing is wrong. I wonder if he is AMA, although it is doubtful they would take any action even though there is video proof of his recklessness and blatant rules violations. I'm starting to hate these things. 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 08:20:32 AM by mike londke »
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Offline Bruce Hautamaki

• Lieutenant
Re: Quadcopter Guy Does What He Wants at Joe Nall
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 08:49:12 AM »
This is sad. If you read the comments they think because it only weighs a pound and a half so they can't do any damage. Thjis is Not modeling. My nieghbor has one and was hovering in front of my picture window watching my wife. I did put a stop to that. It is only a matter of time before these things do real damage to our hobby. R%%%%

Offline John Fitzgerald

• No longer an AMA Member
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 09:00:07 AM »
Looks like no one had a big enough fly swatter.

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 10:18:47 AM »
A quadcopter is a thing, that can do a lot of different tasks.

Several of the guys at my RC club fly them, responsibly, and have fun with them without infringing on anyone else's fun.

The quadcopter isn't at fault -- it's the jerks with the quadcopters.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 10:27:58 AM »
Was that thing flying that fast?   Also they must have had permission to fly.    Too bad the guy with hat didn't get better aim.    Also remember some people don't use the brains they were born with. 
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 10:38:11 AM »
They all look like good friends to me, even with some of the R/C guys.

You'd be surprised what a bunch of good friends can get away with.

Quad Nationals?
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 12:20:56 PM »
Was that thing flying that fast?   Also they must have had permission to fly.    Too bad the guy with hat didn't get better aim.    Also remember some people don't use the brains they were born with. 
Doc you can hear him say clearly at the beginning of the video "There is no FPV allowed at Joe Nall" so I don't think permission was asked or granted.
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 12:23:25 PM »
A quadcopter is a thing, that can do a lot of different tasks.

Several of the guys at my RC club fly them, responsibly, and have fun with them without infringing on anyone else's fun.

The quadcopter isn't at fault -- it's the jerks with the quadcopters.
I agree Tim, do you think this guy was responsible? I am all for cool things and having fun but this was reckless in my opinion.

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2015, 01:33:45 PM »
I agree Tim, do you think this guy was responsible? I am all for cool things and having fun but this was reckless in my opinion.

I didn't watch the video.  From your description it sounds like the typical young-man stupidity, which, of course none of us ever engaged in when we were in or teens.  Yup.  Uh huh.  Not me, nope, I never slid my car sideways into a tree (well, once), or a fencepost (well, once), or drove through a stop sign in front of traffic (well, once), or fell in with a good looking but crazy girl (well, once, and wasn't I glad to get away!), or found out that you can smoke dope every day and get straight A's for just one term, but definitely not the next one (I didn't try for a third term), or drank beer until I vomited (well once, but I was coming down with the flu), or drove off the end of a road (not me, actually -- but my brother the avid train spotter rolled his '64 Volkswagen beetle that way).  Etc.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Target

• C/L Addict
  • 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2015, 01:37:30 PM »
This is a perfect example of why I can't stand the FPV crowd. Its not that the responsible guys are doing anything wrong, its all the other guys.
NOT ONLY do they not have the self control to adhere to a safety request/rule at an event, but then they post it to YouTube.
This would be like someone posting a 100 mph speeding video on line, where the cops could identify the people. Its irritating to me that some people just don't have common sense enough to realize that their actions can cause serious implications to other peoples activities.
The ones that ARE responsible should be coming down hard on the others.
I fly RC sailplanes, and I'm certain that my activivty will soon be closed down due to exactly this type of behavior.
Its a real shame. The ones that cause the trouble will then choose some other instant gratification pastime and the rest of us will feel the consequences of their actions. >:(

Regards,
Chris
Regards,
Chris
AMA 5956

Offline Mike Keville

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2015, 05:21:07 PM »
Irresponsible, rude....and just plain stupid.  Hope they ban this guy next year.
FORMER member, "Academy of Multi-rotors & ARFs".

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2015, 05:38:49 PM »
I gotta get me one.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2015, 06:16:18 PM »
I gotta get me one.

Yes. And a roll of duct tape.  ;)  ;D  :o  ::)  Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Target

• C/L Addict
  • 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2015, 06:45:54 PM »
Found him....Mr Steele's attitude is pretty cavalier, if you ask me....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2415351

He's honest, and I'm paraphrasing, but he "Is going to do what I want to, because its fun and I accept the consequences (and know the risks)."
Whiskey Tango Fox-Trot, Over?!

Just be glad that he will likely never come to U/C.

Regards,
Chris
Regards,
Chris
AMA 5956

Offline Andre Ming

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2015, 06:54:19 PM »
The guy is very talented at flying it.  As to his flight: I do see some safety issues as well as intrusion issues. 

Haven't had any previous exposure to the "Joe Nall" thing, but it appears to be an R/C event?
Searching to find my new place in this hobby!

Mike Griffin

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2015, 07:39:29 PM »
He ignored the rules.  He is a jerk , I don't care now well he can fly the thing.

Mike

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2015, 07:45:05 PM »
If the organizers knew it, they coulda/shoulda called 911 and had him arrested. If the organizers didn't know about it, they should have been so informed.  y1 Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Mike Keville

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2015, 07:55:55 PM »
Hope someone sent a copy of this absurd display to the "Academy of Multirotors and ARFs".  This is the sort of juvenile behavior that's going to bite them in the a$$ -- and (unfortunately) real modelers, too.

FORMER member, "Academy of Multi-rotors & ARFs".

Offline Will Davis

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2015, 07:57:31 PM »
I saw this group of guys at the Joe Nall event last week, he was between the control line area and the electric line , , probably 200 yards from line to Line,  with the tree line  and the GA control tower in between ,  to the best of my knowledge , he did not violate our control line air space.  

The electric line was  busy all week. They had a building event To help new modelers build foam trainer type models out if flat foam sheets,  they flew  at  first daylight   , all day and until late at night, it was a lot of fun setting around with the guys , enjoying a cold beverage and watching the electrics fly with all of the lights on ,  we refered to it as the  nightly light show

I was unaware of any rules regarding FPV flying ,   My only concern  was regarding them honoring our  air space ,this particular model was very noisy thru the abrupt direction changes ,
Will Davis
"Carolina Gang"

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2015, 08:15:37 PM »
Just reading thru some of the post on RCG the RC pilots were not to happy about his video and lack of respect for others. He is very arrogant. There was also another video in that thread where another FPV took out a RC plane. The guy flew against the pattern.

Also someone posted in this thread about his neighbor watching his wife with a FPV. I would have walk over and said "hey that's cool can I see it?"  Then when he handed it to me I would have slammed it into his driveway like a running back spiking a football.  SH^
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Sean McEntee

• Captain
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2015, 10:18:21 PM »
A couple Kidventures ago, some kid was doing some of those crazy 3D aerobatics with a rather big RC electric helicopter, and doing maneuvers pretty close to the crowds.  Noone seemed too concerned because, again, it was an electric helicopter.  The powers that be quickly changed their mind when the question was asked, "Would the 'but it's electric' defense be able to fight off a lawsuit if someone were injured in a collision?".  No more electric heli aerobatics after that.

Same thing goes with this incident, and my finger is pointed solely at the event director.  In the event, God forbid, anyone gets injured or killed due to some yahoo like that, then every person, club and organization (to include the AMA) involved could be implicated if a lawsuit came about.  If there was a restriction on FPV flying, then the ED should have asked him to leave the grounds immediately, and call the police (not 911) if the person didn't cooperate.  EDs and CDs have a pretty big responsibility regarding safety of all contests and and nonparticipants; a responsibility that is taken for granite since 99.99999% of the aeromodeling community rigorously follow the rules.  Introduce someone with a blatant lack of regard for those rules, and that responsibility should become more apparent. All it could take to kill an event like that is a renegade flyer, an ED who doesnt fix the problem and someone getting hurt.    

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2015, 10:20:37 PM »
Hmmmmm....Too bad someone didn't think to take a shotgun to the Nall!!!  Good target practice! LL~ LL~ LL~

Randy Cuberly
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 10:55:55 PM by Randy Cuberly »
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2015, 10:25:51 PM »
Found him....Mr Steele's attitude is pretty cavalier, if you ask me....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2415351

He's honest, and I'm paraphrasing, but he "Is going to do what I want to, because its fun and I accept the consequences (and know the risks)."
Whiskey Tango Fox-Trot, Over?!

Just be glad that he will likely never come to U/C.

Regard,

Wow Chris lots of people beating him up on the RC groups thread and rightfully so. He does admit to being an AMA member so maybe something can be done about that. Also he says  he will do his best to make sure FPV is included as event at Joe Nall next year. We need to stop that

Offline Doug Moon

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2015, 10:33:46 PM »
Wow Chris lots of people beating him up on the RC groups thread and rightfully so. He does admit to being an AMA member so maybe something can be done about that. Also he says  he will do his best to make sure FPV is included as event at Joe Nall next year. We need to stop that

I read the whole thread. He did state he was an AMA member towards the end.  He also showed his ass alot in that thread and not doing himself any favors.  But then again anyone who signs up to go fly where they know they are not supposed to and then films themselves doing and admitting they know they are wrong is pretty darn arrogant anyway and isnt really going to listen to reason.

Oh well.

And there was an FPV line but it was said it wasnt too inviting so they didnt do much.
Doug Moon
AMA 496454
Dougmoon12@yahoo.com

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2015, 10:39:53 PM »
I gotta get me one.
Could be good for filming combat matches from overhead. :X :X :X :X :X :X :X :X :X :X :X :X >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

Offline Target

• C/L Addict
  • 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2015, 10:48:25 PM »
I don't think that he will care if he's booted from the AMA or not.
A hefty fine would be stellar though. That may get his attention. He really just doesn't expect to have an accident of any kind, he seems really naive in that respect, or he knows it will eventually happen but he isn't at all concerned.

I don't know about FPV quads being outlawed at that event or any others, but I can see someone flying a quad will more than likely be the cause or causes of MANY RC restrictions. As I said before, I'm an RC sailplane guy, dabbling in U/C specifically because I think I'm going to be having a lot of sailplanes collecting dust soon, courtesy of the FAA and clowns like "Mr Steele". A 400' altitude limit will put Thermal Duration sailplanes out of business. I can launch twice that high (in the right conditions)...
So, U/C, here I come.

It is disappointing that guys like him have no conscience whatsoever about their impact to ALL OUR activities, not just theirs. Really disappointing. :(
Regards,
Chris
AMA 5956

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2015, 10:53:46 PM »
Most States have "Reckless Endangerment" laws that can put you in the Pokey for Years!!!  One or more of these twits need to have that happen and it would curtail at least most of the idiots from doing things like this.

This guy obviously sees himself as a "crusader" and "rebel" and needs to get a good smack;  either a broken nose or six months in jail before he seriously hurts someone.  He obviously doesn't care!!

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline Target

• C/L Addict
  • 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2015, 10:55:46 PM »
If the organizers knew it, they coulda/shoulda called 911 and had him arrested.   y1 Steve

Now, a video of THAT would be something worth watching! <=
Regards,
Chris
AMA 5956

Offline Derek Barry

• Admiral
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2015, 05:54:19 AM »
I am not sure where thew "no FPV" rule came from? I have never heard that stated at any of the Joe Nalls that I have been to. They sell hundreds of them there on site. ( I know I bought one) They have small ones starting at about $50 all the way up to $4000 pro models. This guy may be an asshole but most of the people there are very nice. I think Will Davis said that one of the guys asked if he could film a CL flight and the person flying was happy to oblige. Will said he followed him from take off through most of a lap then went up high to get an overall shot of the circle. Hopefully I can find that video sometime, it would be cool to watch.

BTW, you have to be an AMA member to fly at the Joe Nall...

Derek

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2015, 06:57:26 AM »
I am not sure where thew "no FPV" rule came from? I have never heard that stated at any of the Joe Nalls that I have been to. They sell hundreds of them there on site. ( I know I bought one) They have small ones starting at about $50 all the way up to $4000 pro models. This guy may be an asshole but most of the people there are very nice. I think Will Davis said that one of the guys asked if he could film a CL flight and the person flying was happy to oblige. Will said he followed him from take off through most of a lap then went up high to get an overall shot of the circle. Hopefully I can find that video sometime, it would be cool to watch.

BTW, you have to be an AMA member to fly at the Joe Nall...

Derek
Maybe they just told this guy no FPV after watching his flight. They might have seen him buzzing people and grounded him.

Offline Derek Barry

• Admiral
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2015, 08:25:30 AM »
Maybe they just told this guy no FPV after watching his flight. They might have seen him buzzing people and grounded him.

Not sure. This video is from this past week but by the looks of it, it was either at the very beginning or the very end of the week because there were A LOT more people there during the main part of the event. The area he is flying in is between the 3D, CL, and Electric zones. He is technically not flying in any of the zones, just the dead space between them. Just on the other side of the tower he is buzzing is the control line circle.

On a side note you would be proud to know that CL combat was represented by Will Davis and his Son in law David.  :)

Derek

Offline Frank Imbriaco

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • At the 69 Willow Grove NATS with J.D. FALCON II
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2015, 10:40:20 AM »
Not about this fellow , but please read on.
 We are  currently vacationing in the  Cape May , NJ area. Last evening, we attended a flag lowering ceremony  for deceased  Veterans at what is known as Sunset Beach - the southern most point of Cape May. Sunset Beach  overlooks the "elbow" where the  Atlantic Ocean and Delaware Bay meet . (The sunsets are magnificent).
 The event  was a tribute attended by many ; meant to be solemn and in appreciation of those who have given their lives to protect our freedoms. Suddenly out of nowhere , our attention  turned to the sounds and sight of a quadcopter moving erratically above and  around several hundred people.
My first thoughts were that we have someone who was out to film the event. After 30 seconds of watching this toy and near uncontrolled gyrations , it was clear to me that this person was seeking an audience to demonstrate his  new toy .
 Annoyed, I  decided to seek the person out to inquire   whether they had AMA insurance, etc., but couldn't because it was being flown by a pilot  who purposely hid himself behind the dunes and tall grasses.  There was a jetty separating us, so I decided not to pursue . ( that made my wife and sister happy).
The AMA is delusional if they think that we can educate and control bozos such as this guy.

Offline Sean McEntee

• Captain
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2015, 10:49:38 AM »
http://www.wimp.com/drone-follow/

This, however, is pretty cool.  Completely autonimous, it stays within a certain proximity of small tracking device.  Can be programed to circle, trail, lead or follow along the subject.

Imagine putting this on a FF model lol.

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2015, 10:57:21 AM »
Hmmmmm....Too bad someone didn't think to take a shotgun to the Nall!!!  Good target practice! LL~ LL~ LL~

Randy Cuberly
And if one misses  ???

Offline EJN

• Ensign
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2015, 12:21:50 PM »
I read the entire thread on RCGroups.

By far the funniest comment was
dude, don't make the old guys mad... old guys get really mad...

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2015, 12:30:05 PM »
And if one misses  ???

You've never been dove hunting in Southern Cal. 30 or 40 guys surrounding a barley field all shooting in the direction of the guys on the other side. Bird shot doesn't really hurt when it's on the way down.

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2015, 04:17:27 PM »
You've never been dove hunting in Southern Cal. 30 or 40 guys surrounding a barley field all shooting in the direction of the guys on the other side. Bird shot doesn't really hurt when it's on the way down.
LL~ I think I'll pass!!  LL~

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2015, 04:44:04 PM »
And if one misses  ???

Have you ever been to a top level Trap Shoot.  They shoot at targets smaller and moving faster than that thing and hit hundreds in a row without misses.  I used to be one of them!

However as Bob says if you are more than a hundred yards or so away from any possible person the shot is pretty harmless.

However the comment wasn't meant as a serious statement just wishful thinking.  I can without a doubt tell you if I and my family had been one of the people he buzzed several times the guy would need a trip to his dentist and possibly an othropedist.  That's one way to fix his problem.  Consider it self defense against the actions of a careless idiot!

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2015, 08:54:00 PM »
just as a point of clarification,, there is a difference between FPV and quadcopter,, FPV is First Person View,, and there are planes that have it on board as well,,
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Curare

• 2014 Supporters
  • Captain
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2015, 09:24:51 PM »
Then you get these kids turning up in local parks with their toy aeroplanes that fly round and round on strings. Oh my what a noise! It's disgusting. Someone should call the police!

...and they did. Not so long ago, flying control line models at the local park was 'anti-social'
Greg Kowalski
AUS 36694

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2015, 01:55:42 AM »

However the comment wasn't meant as a serious statement just wishful thinking.  I can without a doubt tell you if I and my family had been one of the people he buzzed several times the guy would need a trip to his dentist and possibly an othropedist.  That's one way to fix his problem.  Consider it self defense against the actions of a careless idiot!

Randy Cuberly
[/quote]

OK Randy, so if it ends up being a 10 year old  kid that buzz's you are you going to beat him up too?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 02:18:58 AM by Bill Morell »
Bill Morell
It wasn't that you could and others couldn't, its that you did and others didn't.
Vietnam 72-73
  Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it.

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2015, 07:27:05 AM »
Have you ever been to a top level Trap Shoot.  They shoot at targets smaller and moving faster than that thing and hit hundreds in a row without misses.  I used to be one of them!

However as Bob says if you are more than a hundred yards or so away from any possible person the shot is pretty harmless.

Randy Cuberly
Nah, I just shoot for sport to keep my skills somewhat honed but nothing on any regular scheduled basis!  During my time in the military we focused on "area denial"!!  Doubt anything, quads included, would get out unscathed!! ;D  However, I realize the statement was being made in a "joking" manner  ???, never took it serious.  Of course if someone ever did fire a couple of rounds at a knuckleheads device at an event such as Tripletree .... even if it is birdshot .... I wonder what the result would be!!  Jus' sayin!!   LL~

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2015, 10:01:01 AM »

Randy Cuberly

OK Randy, so if it ends up being a 10 year old  kid that buzz's you are you going to beat him up too?

Go after the parents after a call to authorities.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2015, 08:50:45 PM »
Just off the top of my head the guy is breaking AMA rules, FAA regs, and other laws.  A 911 call to the police would have been the right answer.
phil Cartier

Offline Andre Ming

• Captain
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2015, 09:16:38 PM »
http://www.wimp.com/drone-follow/

This, however, is pretty cool.  Completely autonimous, it stays within a certain proximity of small tracking device.  Can be programed to circle, trail, lead or follow along the subject.

Imagine putting this on a FF model lol.

Wow. That IS pretty impressive.  Offhand, I can't think of a way to use it personally just yet, but that is pretty cool.
Searching to find my new place in this hobby!

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2015, 09:48:07 PM »

Randy Cuberly

No Bill...I don't beat up 10 year old kids...Why do you?

However he might have to explain to his parents why I took his "toy" away from him.  I would take it to his parents if they were available!

For the record, I have never beat up anyone that didn't try to beat me up first...violence is for defense only...that's what I learned for at least 35 years in Martial Arts.

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here