News:

• March 29, 2024, 06:43:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Semi-Scale Stunt, the Mig-3!  (Read 2194 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Semi-Scale Stunt, the Mig-3!
« on: May 08, 2015, 08:22:32 AM »
Not sure where this Thread should be placed?

Just put the first coat of primer on the Mig-3 and decided to share the model before I ruin it with the finish.   LL~   

Eight or ten colors on this model, so I still have quite a ways to go.

For those interested, there are Threads in the Scale Forum area about various tasks dealing with scale detailing on this model.

From this point on, all sanding will be with 600.

Ya gotta love Warbirds even if they are semi-scale.

Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Online Carl Cisneros

• Captain
Re: Semi-Scale Stunt, the Mig-3!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 09:19:15 AM »
That will be one BEAUTIFUL looking bird................. #^
Carl R Cisneros, Dist IV
Control Line RB

Offline eric rule

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 06:05:11 PM »
Wow!!! Talk about two guys with similar ideas.

I have been working on a semi scale Mig 3 for a couple of years. At the present time I am ready to go to laser cutting for a test build. What amazes me is how similar in looks yours and mine are in terms of details such as exhaust stacks, gear doors and other "detail items" (of course they are the same airplane so they should look similar). Mine can be powered by either glow or electric. What about yours (which looks awesome by the way).

Offline JIM Nordin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 06:56:26 PM »
Looks good there  buddy. Looking forward to see it finished

Offline bill rutherford

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 09:35:38 PM »
nice work and detail. Look forward to seeing it done.

Offline Al Rabe

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 10:38:15 PM »
Mostly looks great but consider that the vertical fin/rudder may be proportionally small compared to the horizontal stab and elevators..

Al

Offline José Almeida

• Ensign
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 03:23:29 AM »
Hi Avaiojet!

Looks great  :D

However I have the same Al Rabe opinion. At this time you can increase the fin/rudder without damage the final finish.

Regards,
José

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 06:59:39 AM »
Jose'

I just saw your reply, and thanks for the reply and interest. I try to respond to all the replies I get in my Threads.

That rudder thing.

I've done a great deal of work to this model, too much in fact! So I'm actually done changing things, and adding things. I'll be moving on to more interesting projects shortly.  ;D

This Mig-3 model is now in the process of getting painted.

Here's a current photo. I'm sure there are those that will love looking at it.

Thanks again for the interest and the reply.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Trostle

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2015, 02:51:48 PM »

Here's a current photo. I'm sure there are those that will love looking at it.

"Love" is a big word.

Keith

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 06:51:20 PM »
56 hits on my Mig-3 photo in only 2 hours.

That's a record for any photo I've ever Posted.

Thank you for the interest and the lift. It's really appreciated. Makes me want to get more done on the model.

Thanks again!

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2015, 07:03:28 PM »
I love it.....wish I had the patience.....

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2015, 07:14:11 AM »
I love it.....wish I had the patience.....

Peabody,

Thanks for the reply. What a guy!  H^^

I'm not sure if I even have patience?

What motivates or drives a modeler could be a full blown Thread? Airing dirty laundry?  LL~

Every modeler has something that keeps them going. One would think.

I never gave this any thought, but with myself it's probably the idea of having a model that's unusual and a bit different.

I customized a Flite Streak way back in the early 60's. Shortened the fuselage and added flaps.

So, I really never had the patience to build a kit as it was, although I have done this. And recently, the Skyfall 007 Flite Streak is an example.

"Interest," I believe is what keeps me going on a project, even though I lose interest quickly, so I have to dig in an maintain interest. Working a bit each day helps.

"Brick by brick my citizens." Yea, yea, I know, Seabiscuit.  ;D

This Forum, I strongly believe, even with the few replies I get about my work, great replies but not many, this encouragement from fellow modelers really helps me maintain my interest.

We all look for and need support from our fellow modelers.

I know I do.

Thanks for the reply.

Offline Gene Martine

• 2019 supporter
  • Commander
  • Started flying 1952 (AMA 2903)
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2015, 11:25:41 AM »
  y1 y1 y1 y1
 Can't wait to see the final project. Looks great.
 Gene
 #^ #^ #^ #^

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2015, 02:38:08 PM »
  y1 y1 y1 y1
 Can't wait to see the final project. Looks great.
 Gene
 #^ #^ #^ #^

Thanks Gene,

I've been busy with CL unrelated stuff, but I expect to get back on the Mig-3 in a week or so.

Thanks for that boost.

Offline Randy Ryan

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2015, 10:29:00 AM »
I LOVE it but MAN that nose is "busy"!
Randy Ryan <><
AMA 8500
SAM 36 BO all my own M's

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2015, 12:50:09 PM »
I LOVE it but MAN that nose is "busy"!

Randy,

Thanks for the complement.

I look forward to them.  ;D

The nose is a bit busy. But that's just about what the Mig-3 aircraft looks like. Won't look that busy when the white becomes paint and detail.

I am overdoing the detail a bit and I'm experimenting with water base paints.

I'd like to get it down pat for when I do the detail on my Stuka tank buster.

The Stuka is a larger model and the detail, especially the revits, will look smaller.

The rivets are only .07 in diameter. The wash makes them look larger than they are.

Thanks for the reply.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here