News:

• April 19, 2024, 02:38:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Surface detail on the Mig-3!  (Read 2432 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Surface detail on the Mig-3!
« on: April 27, 2015, 03:59:44 PM »
I'm adding surface detail, to the Mig-3.

The white material on the fuselage is styrene.

There's a more detailed explanation over at CFC Graphic's Vendor's Corner, where the the Mig-3 build is taking place. ;D
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 04:37:58 PM by Avaiojet »
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Surface detail on the Mig-3!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 06:57:04 PM »
Now that's what I'm talking about!

I knew if I dug in a bit I'd find a great model with outstanding surface detail.  H^^

Take a look!

http://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php?topic=8442.0
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 04:52:43 PM »
This may be the last couple of photos before I go into Klingon Cloaking Mode with the Mig-3.

Takes a bit of time to put photos together and I could be using this time towards completing the model.

Looks like there's just not enough interest in scale techniques or everyone knows this stuff?

Anyway, only 124 individual pieces were needed to create the high and lows of the "open" areas of the Mig-3.

This would be the areas that have fabric covering. Rudder, elevators and the ailerons.

Yea yea, I know I can airbrush that stuff but that doesn't really offer real highs and lows.

This material isn't all that thick anyway, so a bit of airbrushing may still be needed to make it a tad more obvious.

I'm sure I don't have to explain what's going on in the two photos.

"DO I!" "DO I!"

A line from the movie Galaxyquest.

Offline Danny Fenton

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 06:40:19 AM »
Errrrr what happened next ;)

I do understand what you are up to but still interested none the less :)

Cheers
Danny

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 09:24:08 AM »
Errrrr what happened next ;)

I do understand what you are up to but still interested none the less :)

Cheers
Danny

Danny,

Thank you for the interest. Seeing your work, it's an honer.  H^^

I think I moved over to here because this Thread had little replies and interest.

http://stunthanger.com/smf/cfc-graphics/'mig-3-reconnaissance-aircraft-and-warbird!'/

Not a lot of interest in Scale and most of the guys are already gifted with these applications.

You can see more of the model at this link.

http://stunthanger.com/smf/open-forum/mig-3-my-really-new-ride!/

Thanks again for the reply and interest.

You do really good work.  H^^

Charles

« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 02:29:06 PM by Avaiojet »

Offline Danny Fenton

• Ensign
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 09:52:47 AM »
I do know what you mean about the forums keeping you going. Scale is alive but I tend to find it in small pockets. And rarely do two scale modellers seem to be within driving distance which is a shame, must be worse for you guys on a much larger piece of real estate. The forum seems to be the best means for us to keep in touch. The trouble is there are so many how do you keep up with what we are all up to?

I had a little time today to have a look around and see what you guys were up to, hence my prod :) I am so looking forward to the flight report on that "fat wasp"

Keep the faith :)

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 10:11:42 AM »
I do know what you mean about the forums keeping you going. Scale is alive but I tend to find it in small pockets. And rarely do two scale modellers seem to be within driving distance which is a shame, must be worse for you guys on a much larger piece of real estate. The forum seems to be the best means for us to keep in touch. The trouble is there are so many how do you keep up with what we are all up to?

I had a little time today to have a look around and see what you guys were up to, hence my prod :) I am so looking forward to the flight report on that "fat wasp"

Keep the faith :)

Danny,

The "Fat Wasp," I like that, will fly fine, I've had a few with R/C.

I'm just guessing that you are in the UK? A guess.

Yes, be nice if there was a scale modeler near buy, but there's no guarantee the guy has interest in comradery.

Charles

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here