News:

• March 28, 2024, 10:14:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New to Forum  (Read 1626 times)

Offline Bill Griffith

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
New to Forum
« on: April 26, 2015, 01:38:51 PM »
    I just wanted to stop in and say Howdy to the forum members.  I have been in and out of CL flying since I was a kid.  I'm now approaching 71 and retired which spells plenty of free time.  I recently met a fellow HAM that also fly's control line.  He lives about 25 miles from me and he has been over twice so far to fly at my place.  I live in the country so I had the room and no close neighbors to bother so I made a flying field next to the house for RC and CL.  I just crashed an Oriental (Brodak ARF) by being dumb and flying in too much wind.  >:(  My new flying coach told me not to do anything dumb and now .... I'm listening. ;D   I have another Oriental ready to go and I'm going to assemble a back-up Oriental.  I have 3 OS 46 LA's and a 40 LA at the moment.  Not to mention my original FOX 35 and another FOX 35 and a couple of Torpedo Green heads.  Anyway, this time I am determined to learn the stunt pattern.  My new found flying buddy is a quite good CL flier so I am leaning on his expertise.   :D
  So Howdy everybody.  I know there is a lot of useful knowledge shared here and I intend to make use of all of it I can.  If Shug reads this, I really enjoy your videos.  Thank you for making them.   y1

Bill Griffith

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
Re: New to Forum
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 01:53:56 PM »
Bill
Welcome to Stunt Hangar. We're glad your back on the handle.

Have Fun!
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Bill Griffith

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 02:05:02 PM »
Thank you for the welcome Paul.  I am having fun.   :)

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 02:49:03 PM »
Hi Bill,

Welcome to Stunthanger!  If you have any questions, just ask away.  As I think you may already know that we have multiple NATS winners and 2 World Champions as members and they are extremely helpful to us all.  C/L stunt is a unique hobby/sport in that regard.  No matter what level you may be, these guys always help!

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Bill Griffith

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 02:58:20 PM »
Thanks for the welcome Bill.  I have been reading in the forum for a few days now and I can see that there is a great deal of expertise here.   :)

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 03:35:04 PM »
One thing that helped me learn the full pattern in a surprisingly short time was going electric. Motor runs perfect every time and it's fully adjustable.

MM

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 03:54:41 PM »
Thanks for the welcome Bill.  I have been reading in the forum for a few days now and I can see that there is a great deal of expertise here.   :)

Welcome Bill. Any questions just ask.
AMA 12366

Offline Bill Griffith

• Ensign
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 04:18:07 PM »
Thank you Robert.  I like your interviews.   :)  I will ask questions no doubt.   :D

Offline pat king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • PDK LLC
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2015, 08:06:02 PM »
Bill,
Welcome to the group. Don't be afraid to ask, someone here will most likely have the answer.

Pat
Pat King
Monee, IL

AMA 168941

Mike Griffin

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2015, 09:41:08 PM »
Hi Bill and welcome.

Mike

Offline bob jablonski

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2015, 08:29:10 AM »
Welcome. Plenty to learn here.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
576-540-1123
countylinehobbies@yahoo.com
www.countylinehobbies.com

Offline Bill Griffith

• Ensign
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2015, 12:20:29 PM »
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone.  I'm looking forward to learning from all of your experiences.    y1

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2015, 02:09:25 PM »
Bill, the most important part of all of this is to put an airplane together and go fly.  If you find yourself hesitating on the edge of the pool because you don't know if the water is warm, dive in -- you'll find out.  You can get better as you proceed.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Bill Johnson

• 2016 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2015, 02:22:26 PM »
Welcome, from one Bill to another! I just got back into the hobby after a 40 year hiatus. We have a good club here in Huntsville. Glad you have  someone to fly with. Good luck and let us know what you're flying.
Best Regards,
Bill

AMA 350715

Offline Allan Perret

• Admiral
  • Proverbs
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2015, 04:06:41 PM »
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone.  I'm looking forward to learning from all of your experiences.    y1
Hey Bill: Where abouts are you located ?
Allan Perret
AMA 302406
Slidell, Louisiana

Offline Bill Griffith

• Ensign
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2015, 08:50:42 PM »
I was flying this morning with my new found flying buddy.   :)  I'm located in Homedale, Idaho.
Edit:  Actually my location is 5 miles west of Homedale.  :)

Offline Alan Resinger

• Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2015, 07:28:13 AM »
Bill,
Welcome to the forum.  You have a really good stunt flyer and all around nice guy by the name of Pat Johnston living close by in Boise.  Not sure if you are aware of it but one of the largest control line contests in the West is just three and a half weeks away located in Roseburg, Oregon.  The Northwest Regionals will have all classes of stunt going starting with Old Time Stunt on Friday afternoon, Classic and Profile stunt on Saturday and all four classes of Precision Aerobatics on Sunday.  The PA event draws a lot of the top flyer from the US and Canada and is a great source for learning all about flying stunt.  I've been attending the Regionals since 1982 and always have it high on my list of must make contests.  Come on over and meet the nicest bunch of people in the world, control line flyers.
Alan Resinger
Vancouver, BC   

Offline Bill Griffith

• Ensign
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2015, 08:39:03 AM »
Thanks for the welcome Alan.  I haven't seen him in a long time but I have known Pat since the 70's.   :)

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here