News:

• April 19, 2024, 07:01:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Glazing the Mig-3 Canopy Frame.  (Read 2665 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Glazing the Mig-3 Canopy Frame.
« on: April 19, 2015, 11:35:11 AM »
Headline says "frame," but this will hold true with a clear canopy as well. In fact, if you look really really close, you can see the edge of the clear canopy.

Yes I know, you've seen this done a million times so what's once more.  LL~

I view the task a bit differently. I want nothing to sand after I spread the mix, in this case, 5 minute Epoxy and micro-ballons.

The taping is important. Alcohol is used to dip my finger in and smooth the mixture once it's in place. I get it really wet. Pulling the tape is all that is left.

Well, I will take a serious look and see if there's areas that need a tad more. Auto Body putty, limited certainly, can offer a cleaner look when applied over the mix.

Filling primer does the same thing. Be nice to have a "edge" at the frame base. Something to follow for that row of rivets.

The results, with only one pass, is something I can live with.

Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Glazing the Mig-3 Canopy Frame.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 12:26:24 PM »
Look Ma! No hands!

I meant, Look Ma! No sanding!  LL~ LL~

Decided to press in a bit of Auto Body putty. My mixes are really dry and a bit porous. That was the easiest fix because it was already taped.

Probably a half hour or forty minutes for this task.

Not far from surface detail, plus paint and finish.  ;D

Edited: filler to putty.   
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 01:54:57 PM by Avaiojet »
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 02:42:09 PM »
Friggin amazing Charles.  I love the tutorials you do.  Even if they have been done before, its great to see how someone else does things. H^^
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 07:34:19 PM »
Awesome detailing, ya gotta start c/l scale or I'm gonna haunt ya.
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Offline MarcusCordeiro

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • "Never fly faster than your shoulder angel"
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 03:25:54 PM »
Dude, that looks absolutely awesome!!!!

Marcus
Live to fly, fly to live
Aces High!

"There's no try. Do or Do not." - Master Yoda

"Wealth and fame, he's ignorant
Action is his reward, look out
Here comes Marcus, man..."

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 06:12:31 PM »
Dude, that looks absolutely awesome!!!!

Marcus

Hey! Marcus!!

You're just too kind.  ;D

Can't wait to see your scale project.  #^

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 09:43:17 AM »
Awesome detailing, ya gotta start c/l scale or I'm gonna haunt ya.

"Good" Will Hinton,

Hey! Hey! What have you been working on!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here