News:

• April 23, 2024, 08:28:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sig Primary Force ARF First Flights  (Read 1393 times)

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
    • Sean Emery funny guy juggling and stuff
Sig Primary Force ARF First Flights
« on: April 18, 2015, 01:31:39 PM »
It's is up and flying. Still working on trimming, props, engines, tank shimming, uniflow vs regular, muffler pressure or ram and all that good stuff.
It sure looks mighty fine in the air from the circle.
OS .40FP, 11x4 Zinger prop.
Shug

Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Carl Cisneros

• Captain
Re: Sig Primary Force ARF First Flights
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 05:49:03 PM »
Shug

It is flying very very nice.

H^^ H^^
Carl R Cisneros, Dist IV
Control Line RB

Offline MikeyPratt

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 08:15:16 PM »
It's is up and flying. Still working on trimming, props, engines, tank shimming, uniflow vs regular, muffler pressure or ram and all that good stuff.
It sure looks mighty fine in the air from the circle.
OS .40FP, 11x4 Zinger prop.
Shug

Shug,
Looking good.  I think the tank is off, I think it is too high, because t's going lean inverted.  Do you know how to make a uni-flow out of a clunk tank?  That will help a ton.  Also, the wing has a slight warp.  It not the same upright or inverted.  How much tip weight do you have in it?  Should be around 3/4 of an ounce.

Later,
Mikey

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 09:24:23 PM »
Shug

It is flying very very nice.

H^^ H^^
Thanks ....it feels good.
Shug
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 09:28:11 PM »
Shug,
Looking good.  I think the tank is off, I think it is too high, because t's going lean inverted.  Do you know how to make a uni-flow out of a clunk tank?  That will help a ton.  Also, the wing has a slight warp.  It not the same upright or inverted.  How much tip weight do you have in it?  Should be around 3/4 of an ounce.

Later,
Mikey

Yessir......still have some trimming to do. Added half an ounce as it seemed the wing was a bit high.It did come with tip weight. Need some club members to look at it for me in flight. Hard to always tell on video as camera angles are all different. It is a uniflow clunk on there.
I do love how it flies and looks in the air.
Just a wonderful plane and well thought out ARF design. My new favorite.
Thankee.
Shug
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 10:04:27 PM »
So, Shug, did I understand correctly that you've settled on the 11x4 at least for now? It's probably a lot lighter than my fp40 powered Oriental. I did fly it first with an older narrower Zinger 11.5 at 5.2 seconds on 61'. Straight 2 stroke and sips the gas with a small .257 venturi. I've settled on the 10.5x4.5 APC for now but running richer and the 4 ounces is about right. But I've not settled on anything yet. I probably have two more practices before H'ville to get it figured out. At least my airframe seems fully trimmed now, as well as tank position, so just the prop and needle setting to sort out. How's your fuel usage on the Force?
Rusty
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 10:54:36 PM »
So, Shug, did I understand correctly that you've settled on the 11x4 at least for now? It's probably a lot lighter than my fp40 powered Oriental. I did fly it first with an older narrower Zinger 11.5 at 5.2 seconds on 61'. Straight 2 stroke and sips the gas with a small .257 venturi. I've settled on the 10.5x4.5 APC for now but running richer and the 4 ounces is about right. But I've not settled on anything yet. I probably have two more practices before H'ville to get it figured out. At least my airframe seems fully trimmed now, as well as tank position, so just the prop and needle setting to sort out. How's your fuel usage on the Force?
Rusty
Yessir....I like the Zinger 11x4 on that FP.40 best, so far.
Fuel wise if I run it a tad leaner I use 3 3/4 ounces for a 6:25 run. Still got some messing and trimming to do but that plane is sweet. Really tracks well and fun to look at.
I wish you the best at the May Games in Huntersville. Looking good for me to get down in October!
Shug
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline MikeyPratt

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2015, 07:20:49 AM »
Yessir......still have some trimming to do. Added half an ounce as it seemed the wing was a bit high.It did come with tip weight. Need some club members to look at it for me in flight. Hard to always tell on video as camera angles are all different. It is a uniflow clunk on there.
I do love how it flies and looks in the air.
Just a wonderful plane and well thought out ARF design. My new favorite.
Thankee.
Shug

Hey Shug,
Cool!!  Yes it's hard to tell on a video and having someone watch from the outside is the best way for sure.  I've watched the video a few times and can see a few trimming issues that need to be addressed.  But that's the fun part of trimming it out. 
I'm glad it a uni-flow tank that makes both you and the P Force happy.  Next time out at the field, try moving the lead out forward about 1/8" and fly it again.  See if the model tracks better in the loops and maybe remove a little tip weight.  When everything is set right (tip weight, lead out position, and CG) it's a blast to fly.  The rounds will be really easy to fly because it tracks so well.

Later Buddy,
Mikey

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here