News:

• April 25, 2024, 05:06:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sig dope  (Read 1860 times)

Offline Wade Bognuda

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Sig dope
« on: March 28, 2015, 03:13:24 PM »
After all these decades in modeling I finally used Sig products on a stunt trainer and really like the results and ease of use.
I used clear nitrate then sanding sealer with a brush. I was going to brush the white but couldn't bring myself to brush color, so shot the white with my trusty Harbor Freight touch-up gun and  really was nice to shoot. It was 50/50 and could have been little thinner. I am going to shoot another coat of white the a couple of coats clear then go fly. De, if you read this I'm NOT gonna crash!!! I bet he's laughing now!!

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Sig dope
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 03:58:25 PM »
Wade,
There is nothing like a high polished dope finish. Sig dope, Brodak dope etc. all work. If you want to learn the details of a 20 point finish you can see several videos on YouTube - search Windy U ().

Basic point is to sand all wood surfaces smooth to start with then keep it smooth as you go.

Best,    DennisT

Offline Wade Bognuda

• Commander
Re: Sig dope
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 08:54:22 PM »
Thanks Dennis. I have the Spitfire video and have used the Windy's method on Oriental. It's very light and Brodack is a good product also. So much to learn and that's what makes it fun.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here