News:

• April 25, 2024, 03:31:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Which Nobler  (Read 5185 times)

Offline JIM Nordin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Which Nobler
« on: March 27, 2015, 09:43:55 PM »
I flew the Topflight Nobler back in the early 70's and want to build another  I plan on. A scratch build . I'm not sure what one to get the RSM Nobler or the Brodak . Any advice would be appreciated

Jim

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Which Nobler
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 11:05:08 AM »
Do you plan on flying competition with the Nobler or just flying for the fun of it.  The RSM kit would be great for Classic as well as the Brodak kit.   I built the Brodak kit and flew Old Time, Classic and Intermediate at the time. Always got a snicker from an individual every time I flew Old Time with it.  The last time I seen my Brodak Nobler, it was given to De Hill to rebuild the in board wing.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline JIM Nordin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 01:32:10 PM »
I don't really plan of on flying competition. Just for spot  I do Airbrushin  hydrographics and custom paint so it will be more of flyable artwork type plane But I'm real fond of the nobler . And the Goldberg shoe string  I fly scale RC  but really got the bug back for control line

On a side note the plane will probly be 100% sheeted and covered with carbon fiber vail 
Thanks JIM
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 01:50:05 PM by JIM Nordin »

Offline Andrew Hathaway

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 02:27:07 PM »
Plans and patterns for the TF Green Box Nobler kit are out there - http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=525  That's probably the direction I'd go, or snag an original kit and replace wood parts as necessary. 

The 1952 MAN plans can be found on a different page of the above website.  The Brodak kit is a slightly different interpretation of the same plane, the kit is mostly blocks as the original design consists of a ton of hollowed blocks, shaped sheets, etc.  The TF kit largely just replaces the blocks with structure built up from sticks and formers.  The current Top Flite ARF Nobler is an interpretation of the older Top Flite kit, but it has a bunch of small changes to adapt it to the ARF process and modern engines. 

If you want to relive the past, an original kit isn't that difficult or expensive to find, probably cheaper on Ebay than the Brodak or RSM kits. 

Offline JIM Nordin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 03:52:23 PM »
Thanks Andrew. I messed up someone had a GB Nobler for sale on RCG. For $110 last week and passed on it wish I would of pulled the trigger

Offline Andrew Hathaway

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 07:07:01 PM »
http://www.clstunt.com/htdocs/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=392681&mesg_id=392681

There are usually a couple on Ebay at any given time.  Average price is right around $100. 

Offline JIM Nordin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 09:01:26 PM »
Ok I found one for $90 NIB. And I'm bidding on one at EBAY. . I'm also,ordering PLANs  one is the Brodak Bearcat
Then from RSM I'm ordering nobler and  Chipmonk and TA 152 plans  all with ribs . Not sure what one I'll build .

Thanks again guys
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 09:59:45 PM by JIM Nordin »

Offline JIM Nordin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 06:10:08 PM »
Just picked up a GB Nobler kit off ebay for $71. Plus shipping

Jim

Offline Phil Krankowski

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 07:23:41 PM »
Since you RC, kit bashing is an option.
http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=21
Phil

Offline JIM Nordin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 07:38:39 PM »
I would have to make it a tail dragger  . I'm doing a bash on a sig four star 60 right now . Then CL profile P51 B scratch build plans are on the way

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here